Requirements to move to Tunisia?

S4rahB

My sister has married a Tunisian man (the old she's 58 and is a very large lady, he's 33 and works out every day!), and has now realised she cannot afford to get him over here. She is now in the process of selling her home (it's only a caravan but it is her home) and all her possessions, giving her dog away (who saw her through when her husband died 8 yrs ago). I'm not against her doing this at all, as I think it will show just how strong the relationship is or isnt. However, can she really just move over there?

Jane BM

Yup.....unfortunately so.......

She will need a Carte De Sejour if she's there for over 3 months, which in effect gives her residency there...can stay for up to 3 months without it....

Trulymadlydeeply

I think you need a serious chat with your sister. Without meaning any offence I'm going to say what everyone else is probably thinking. She will go over maybe start a small business or rent an apartment once the money is gone so will the relationship!!! It happens time and time again. Please get her to join here. All the best.

YOLO

Age Gap!!! , it throws red flags to me!!
Better tell your sister to becarful , Please

Essem

Staff member
My sister has married a Tunisian man (the old she's 58 and is a very large lady, he's 33 and works out every day!), and has now realised she cannot afford to get him over here. She is now in the process of selling her home (it's only a caravan but it is her home) and all her possessions, giving her dog away (who saw her through when her husband died 8 yrs ago). I'm not against her doing this at all, as I think it will show just how strong the relationship is or isnt. However, can she really just move over there?
Why doesn't she just go over there, test the water for a while without selling her possessions here. After all, a Tunisian man is meant to support his wife and provide for her.

Not saying this will happen and hoping more so that it doesn't, but we have had several members (many 'of a certain age') here over the years who have done exactly what she is thinking of doing only to find themselves alone, dreams wrecked, financially and emotionally ruined and having to return to the UK to start again. And the older you are, the more difficult it'll be.

At least if she holds on to her home and possessions, if it all goes pear shaped, (and I hate to say this, but invariably it does), she has something back in the UK.

What about children? She's in an age group and unable to give him children. He will have said this 'doesn't matter and he's married her for her not for children' :rolleyes: but it's often used as an excuse for divorce further on, even although it's been talked about and he knows about the age difference, etc etc.

If she sells up and goes over, she might find that when her money is finished, the relationship will be too. Or is she selling up to take what she has to try to impress or keep him?

She should err on the side of caution and look after own interests. IMO she's going out on a limb here and putting herself in a disadvantaged position.

Broken hearts mend quicker than empty bank accounts.

YOLO

Excuse me ,may i ask you if you din't mind? , How come she didn't find a man there? why exactly a tunisian and a Young one??? just don't get it

YOLO

'doesn't matter and he's married her for her not for children' :rolleyes:
Have to agree with you , Admin
But i am gonna be honestly to everyone..
I'll never ever have children in my life , no matter what... just don't like children...they are not for me nor my type..

Essem

Staff member
Have to agree with you , Admin
But i am gonna be honestly to everyone..
I'll never ever have children in my life , no matter what... just don't like children...they are not for me nor my type..
Maybe you'll change your mind in the future YOLO. When you're young it can be the last thing on your mind.

YOLO

Maybe you'll change your mind in the future YOLO. When you're young it can be the last thing on your mind.
ahahha i don't think so , but thanks so much for the info...
I've never liked kids in my life tho.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I dont like kids either

But i love mine...;)

Trulymadlydeeply

It really does work both ways YOLO from the outside most can see that there are many (I'm trying to be polite here) mismatch relationships. I really mean no offence to anyone BUT women if pension age with 20yr old guys do they honestly think it's love?? In the hotel enviroment some women get carried away sun, sea and s€x with total strangers.. They go home and it's forgotten about this gives these guys the "ok" to be the same with women of all shapes and sizes!! If a relationship does evolve there are warning signs the first would be if you are from different generations!

On the other hand lots of Internet relationships now in fact loads. Many are with young guys from remote villages that haven't a hope in hell of marrying a Tunisian woman as they cannot provide for them jobless no money no ambition etc so they prowl dating sites, Tunisian groups on Facebook etc hooking as many as possible for money, gifts or the biggest prize marriage and visa. Now I for one would certainly not set my sights on a jobless no hoper in the UK with no prospects no ambition in life so why do so many women go for these types? It really does baffle me. I know we can't always help our circumstances but I wouldn't chose that...

S4rahB

It really does work both ways YOLO from the outside most can see that there are many (I'm trying to be polite here) mismatch relationships. I really mean no offence to anyone BUT women if pension age with 20yr old guys do they honestly think it's love?? In the hotel enviroment some women get carried away sun, sea and s€x with total strangers.. They go home and it's forgotten about this gives these guys the "ok" to be the same with women of all shapes and sizes!! If a relationship does evolve there are warning signs the first would be if you are from different generations!

On the other hand lots of Internet relationships now in fact loads. Many are with young guys from remote villages that haven't a hope in hell of marrying a Tunisian woman as they cannot provide for them jobless no money no ambition etc so they prowl dating sites, Tunisian groups on Facebook etc hooking as many as possible for money, gifts or the biggest prize marriage and visa. Now I for one would certainly not set my sights on a jobless no hoper in the UK with no prospects no ambition in life so why do so many women go for these types? It really does baffle me. I know we can't always help our circumstances but I wouldn't chose that...

Well she's gone and done it, flying out as we speak. She wont speak to me as she thinks it was me who stopped our mum loaning her the £21k she wanted to get him over here. It wasnt, I actually knew nothing about it until a week later when the care home my mum lives in asked me to step in and tell my sister not to keep upsetting mum. I really hope it works for her, but I realise there's pretty much 0% chance of that happening, but she's totally blinded at the mo. She's given up everything, her home, her dog, her car, her family. My mum told her to make sure she kept enough money by to be able to get home, and she told mum she wasnt stupid - then in the next breath told her they were opening a joint bank account!!! I sent her a card wishing her good luck and saying that I honestly and truly hope it works out for them. Mum asked her if she'd received it, and her response was yes, but she wanted nothing to do with me after everything I've done to her this year!!! I am totally gobsmacked! She's obviously totally blaming me for mum not lending her all that money, and will probably also blame me when the relationship goes belly up. She's moving in to the flat he shares with his sister (that has always been "too small" for her to stay in when she's been back over there to see him) until they get a place of their own. I just see everything everyone on here is warning about gradually stacking up. Nightmare.

Essem

Staff member
His 'sister', hmmmmmm

June

Well s4rahb u tried your best! Where will she be living in tunisia? Do u know the area, has she got any expat friends that already live here? I'm sorry to say but I can't see he hanging around when whatever money she arrives with runs out! Hope I'm wrong!!!

Trulymadlydeeply

His and his wife's apartment more like!! Oh dear when did she go?

Jane BM

Give her a few months, then when he's either bled her dry or broken or heart, or more likely both, she'll need you and your mom....all you can do right now is sit back and wait and let her know that despite your reservations you'll always be there for her...make it easy for her to turn to you both, rather than her staying and trying to 'prove a point'...xx

S4rahB

She has met "his sister". I must admit I had the same thoughts, is it really his sister. But as I say, she's met her, and his parents (mind you that's not so surprising, as they probably want him to get his passport). She'll be living in "his sister's" flat until they get somewhere of their own. He does work (or at least he did until the bombings, dont know now), but there's no way she's going to get a job now - she cant speak Tunisian and there's no tourist trade. As far as I know, she knows no-one but his friends and family out there. It doesnt matter how much she's in love, I think she's soon going to get very lonely once she's living there "properly" not on a holiday type basis as its been each time she's gone over there. Funny isnt it how she's moving in with him and his sister, yet the 4 times she's been over since meeting him, she hasnt been able to stay there as it's "too small", so she's paid for a hotel for the 2 of them to stay in.

Trulymadlydeeply

If it is a scam the whole family will be in on it including the wife at times!! Unusual for the sister to be living alone in a flat??

S4rahB

Yes, I agree TrulyMD. No he lives in the flat with "his sister", who my sister has met. But alarm bells are ringing like 9/11 for me.