Requirements to move to Tunisia?

Trulymadlydeeply

Has your sister married him S4rahB?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
"care home my mum lives in asked me to step in and tell my sister not to keep upsetting mum"

I dont know why you care tbh your sister sounds like somone who deserves to get rinsed.

Ring fence everyone and yourself as this will no end well.

S4rahB

Well everyone, it's all worked out as we suspected. My sister moved over there on 20 Sept and when my mum rang her around 3 days later she told her he was looking after her. A few days later my mum got a phone call - my sister was back in the UK!!! He'd told her that as the hotels were closing down he was going to have to go to Algiers or somewhere to get work, so it was all over between them!!! He must have really loved her - not! His family even turned round and blamed my mum and me for the fact it hadnt worked (after a whole week of trying!!!) as mum hadnt loaned her the £21k she needed to get him over here! And she had the nerve to tell our 91 yr old mum that - she doesnt give a damn about upsetting mum and trying to make her feel guilty, she is so selfish. I bet even now she cannot see that she has been used, and that he probably very nearly had a heart attack when she said she was moving over there!!!! At least it's happened quickly - small blessings.

scotty_bambam

Poor thing.hope she's ok

S4rahB

Poor thing.hope she's ok
I really dont know how she is, as she wont speak to me. She blames me for our mum not lending her the money she wanted, even though I actually knew nothing about it until the care home mum lives in rang me asking me to intervene as she was stressing mum and could cause her to have a heart attack or a stroke. I'm sorry to say that my sister has always been me, me, me - has never given a thought for anyone else when things are going as she wants them to. And to tell her 91 yr old mum that it's her fault it's not worked out is absolutely appalling. I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around.

Essem

Staff member
Sounds like your narcissistic sister is looking to blame anyone else but herself for how things have turned out. Does she not take responsibility for her own life and what happens in it? She probably has had a lucky escape TBH. She could have had the money, given it to him and lost it all. Every cloud and all that.

I wonder who she would have blamed had that happened, certainly not herself I'm sure. Blaming others is a neat little way of letting herself off the hook. She obviously can't handle the truth.

She doesn't seem big enough to admit or accept responsibility that she made a mistake and there's absolutely no shame in being able to admit to yourself or others that you made mistakes. Quite the opposite; it shows real strength of character. Very clever people make 'stupid mistakes' - it is part of being human.

As for his family blaming you and your mum, well that speaks volumes about them. Sounds like they've all been in on it and, what business is it of theirs or was that just an excuse he used to try to get her to push you both even more? I bet if she now told him that she had the money, he would have 21 thousand reasons for taking her back/resurrecting the relationship.

Your sister sounds like a real piece of work and I hope that her self centredness doesn't affect your mum's health. I think in your position, I'd stop her from seeing your mum again - don't let her dole out any more 'punishment'.

She needs to grow up, make her own money then make her own decisions based on what she has achieved by herself - probably too late for that now though!

Shazza100

EVEN IF (big if) he had to go to algeria to get work....why did that mean he ended the relationship?? None of it makes sense....Even if your mother had leant her the money - she still would not have been able to get a visa - it doesn't work like that so it would have all fallen apart anyway if that was the main crux of this relationship. Your poor mother having to deal with all of this...and you having to pick up the pieces and listening to the stress it is causing the family. How old did you say your sister was again?? Sorry she doesn't sound very mature for a mature lady....actually sounds like they could have made a great self centred couple.

luna06

Ohh gah
Well everyone, it's all worked out as we suspected. My sister moved over there on 20 Sept and when my mum rang her around 3 days later she told her he was looking after her. A few days later my mum got a phone call - my sister was back in the UK!!! He'd told her that as the hotels were closing down he was going to have to go to Algiers or somewhere to get work, so it was all over between them!!! He must have really loved her - not! His family even turned round and blamed my mum and me for the fact it hadnt worked (after a whole week of trying!!!) as mum hadnt loaned her the £21k she needed to get him over here! And she had the nerve to tell our 91 yr old mum that - she doesnt give a damn about upsetting mum and trying to make her feel guilty, she is so selfish. I bet even now she cannot see that she has been used, and that he probably very nearly had a heart attack when she said she was moving over there!!!! At least it's happened quickly - small blessings.[/QUOTE
Ohh gosh, u said your sis got married right ? Hopefully she will realised how blinded she was

Jane BM

Well everyone, it's all worked out as we suspected. My sister moved over there on 20 Sept and when my mum rang her around 3 days later she told her he was looking after her. A few days later my mum got a phone call - my sister was back in the UK!!! He'd told her that as the hotels were closing down he was going to have to go to Algiers or somewhere to get work, so it was all over between them!!! He must have really loved her - not! His family even turned round and blamed my mum and me for the fact it hadnt worked (after a whole week of trying!!!) as mum hadnt loaned her the £21k she needed to get him over here! And she had the nerve to tell our 91 yr old mum that - she doesnt give a damn about upsetting mum and trying to make her feel guilty, she is so selfish. I bet even now she cannot see that she has been used, and that he probably very nearly had a heart attack when she said she was moving over there!!!! At least it's happened quickly - small blessings.
As truly awful as this sounds for everyone concerned, this could have turned out SO MUCH WORSE!!! Sounds like both him and his family realised pretty quickly they weren't going to get what they wanted out of it.

Give her time, she'll be hurting right now....she'll come back to you all. X

sass

Just read through the whole thread of this story, I hope so much your family recovers from the ordeal your sister has put you through. If and when the tourist trade ever gets going again, they should put up warning signs on arrival at the airport.