resident permit ?

TJA

has anyone ever heard of a 6 year resident permit being granted without an English test, if so how is this possible and what happens when the 6 years is up ???

Jane BM

has anyone ever heard of a 6 year resident permit being granted without an English test, if so how is this possible and what happens when the 6 years is up ???
New one on me TJA, where did you hear about it?

TJA

Hi,
A friend of my husband has just been granted one !!!!!!!!!!! However they did use a solicitor. He was here on a holiday visa with his UK wife who gave birth while he was here.

Jane BM

Hi,
A friend of my husband has just been granted one !!!!!!!!!!! However they did use a solicitor. He was here on a holiday visa with his UK wife who gave birth while he was here.
When you find out the details TJA would you let us know please...

TJA

Yeh sure. It seams very strange to me ????

Jane BM

Yeh sure. It seams very strange to me ????
Was his wife UK born? Because there is an EEA resident permit....or did she live somewhere else in Europe before coming back to the UK?

Jellycat

Hi
Hi,
Hi. It sounds like he was granted a discretionary visa which cover circumstances outside the immigration rules. I've heard if this before but you need a solicitor. Sounds like the man was an illegal but the solicitor would have made a good case and the Home office /UkBa would have known they could hardly deport someone with a wife and baby here because of Human rights legislation. This is partly why visit visas are hard to come by because so many in the past have come for a visit and never gone back and it's pretty hard to get rid of them if they've disappeared for quite a while and then established a life here.

TJA

He was not an illegal as he was here to visit his wife, they were married in Tunisia. While here on his holiday visa they applied before it ran out, and yes she was born in the UK.

Jane BM

He was not an illegal as he was here to visit his wife, they were married in Tunisia. While here on his holiday visa they applied before it ran out, and yes she was born in the UK.
I'm perplexed now, so let us know TJA...