Riadh Palms hotel

alex35

can someone halp me,i have just seen on trip avisor that this hotel charges u extra by the nite if ur stayin there wiv ur tunisian boyfrien i am going there in 2wks,can someone tell me this is true as now i am panickin. thank you.

Jane BM

can someone halp me,i have just seen on trip avisor that this hotel charges u extra by the nite if ur stayin there wiv ur tunisian boyfrien i am going there in 2wks,can someone tell me this is true as now i am panickin. thank you.
A lot of hotels are changing their policy now post revolution and whereas before a lot used to be fine with you staying with Tunisian boyfriends/partners now they won't let you unless you prove that you're married. However, I hadn't heard about them 'charging' extra if you're unmarried...more that you can or can't...If it says it on the booking though then I'd say it's right.

alex35

I spoke to my fiance earlier & tol him he says i worry to much & it will b ok as i ask him to go to the hotel & speak to them he says it will b ok......i hope it will be.lol

alex35

my booking form has only my name on it as thomas cook only ask for 1 name

Jane BM

I'd contact them myself...if its written there on the website then clearly they're one of the hotels that have reviewed their policy. You don't want to get there and find that either you haven't got the money for it or they outright refuse based on not being married.

alex35

i saw someones review on trip avisor on on the hotel website.......is there an email for this hotel

Neil

I would expect to be charged if I was exceeding the stated occupancy on my booking for certain, you do not buy one ticket for the cinema and invite a friend and expect them to enter for free, its a hotel not a drop in center or a BOGOFF deal.

Aslemma

Out of curiosity I checked a few other hotels on Trip Advisor and it appears you often have to book a separate room if you are unmarried and one of you is Tunisian One hotel is charging 50 dinars a night. As you can book hotels from the UK for considerably less than this it could often be worth booking two rooms from the UK, one in each name. Whether you choose to use only one would be nobody's business but your own. ;)

janette b

hubby says it was okay to stay here before when you werent married but now to stay in one room you should be married . do you want the telephone number for reception, if not then def email to check

annh

If you book a room with travelrepublic it is only 226 euro for two weeks for 1 person halfboard...

Jane BM

So when you booked it did you put down that there would be TWO people staying?

pbf

When my husband and I stayed there they were looking for proof that we were married as I haven't changed my passport to married name.His name was on booking form along with mine

alex35

thomas cook only ask for the person whop books the hotel it states there are two of us not 1.......i am not silly to think i woul get bogof on a hotel booking,i was just asking if they allow you stay there together if he is tunisian we are planning our marriage that week when i go out

Jane BM

thomas cook only ask for the person whop books the hotel it states there are two of us not 1.......i am not silly to think i woul get bogof on a hotel booking,i was just asking if they allow you stay there together if he is tunisian we are planning our marriage that week when i go out
That's why I asked if it'd got 2 people on the booking....so if it now says that this hotel requires a supplement if your boyfriend is Tunisian then I'd say that's pretty much their rule now, I'd just want to find out how much?

alex35

i have sent an email to them so i will wait & c,my other half says i worry to much,that he says we will be ok, the last hotel we were at in PEK state the same thing but we ok to stay there so i will wait & see what happens

Jane BM

i have sent an email to them so i will wait & c,my other half says i worry to much,that he says we will be ok, the last hotel we were at in PEK state the same thing but we ok to stay there so i will wait & see what happens
Just take some surplus funds just in case...lol. Let us know if they do will you...and enjoy!!

alex35

am not stayin there nw as the rule is we are nt to share a room,so we are nw at the tej maharba

annh

Normally in the Tej Marhaba you are also not allowed to stay in same room when you are not married. In the past they used to check it on the reception.

alex35

someone said they were ok with it and i will just take my chance with it