Right to live in the UK

hollysahbi

Hi All,

I was told a while ago that if you live in Tunisia with your husband for a certain amount of years he will gain residency in the UK without having to meet the new financial requirments, that because you ate married and lived together for a certain amout of time it is a legal right to move to the uk with no restrictions.

I have looked everywhere to try and find this information to confirm if it is true or not but have had no luck, I am asuming it is infact not true but just wanted to double check if anybody knows anything about this?

Many thanks

Holly

Jane BM

Hi All,

I was told a while ago that if you live in Tunisia with your husband for a certain amount of years he will gain residency in the UK without having to meet the new financial requirments, that because you ate married and lived together for a certain amout of time it is a legal right to move to the uk with no restrictions.

I have looked everywhere to try and find this information to confirm if it is true or not but have had no luck, I am asuming it is infact not true but just wanted to double check if anybody knows anything about this?

Many thanks

Holly
It used to be the case Holly...think it was 4 or 5 years, however from what I can gather its not the case any more since they changed the regulations last year. They have to go through the same process as everyone else now.

Essem

Staff member
Hi All,

Many thanks

Holly
Not true Holly.

missmetal

Hi All,

Many thanks

Holly
It may not be true anymore Holly but I think it will strengthen your case.

Trulymadlydeeply

It will show a relationship and that you are together, BUT if neither of you have jobs which you won't have here if youve lived there for 5 years, how will you support yourselves? That is what they will be looking at..

hollysahbi

Thank you everyone.