sahara beach hotel

marhaba

Hi

New to this Forum:)

I am looking at staying here with my family, Son 16 and Daughter 21, and would value some comments from others that have stayed there.

In Particular:

How clean is this hotel, is it tired and run down?
Is the food good and the restaurant clean?
I appreciate this is a big hotel, so is there difficulty getting a table at dinner? Drinks at the bar etc.
Also what is the situation on sun bed quantities and availability?

Also in general

What is the cost on tours such as a Camel trip and say el gem.
We would also like to do some water sports are these very costly?

We will be going October half term, what should we expect from the weather at that time of year?

Sorry for asking so many questions but would like to be as well informed as possible.:):):)

Lee

i stayed there in december 2008

How clean is this hotel, is it tired and run down? The hotel is lovely, a bigish reception area with a bar in it. it could get updating but theres nothing wrong with it.
Is the food good and the restaurant clean?there is also a pizzera on the way past the mini MARKET lol the resturants a a long walk down corridoors. but its clean, i wouldnt say the food is amazing, its just the same as every other hotel ive been to, if you like eggs you will be ok lol.

I appreciate this is a big hotel, so is there difficulty getting a table at dinner? no you get allocated a table and that will be your table for the whole duration of your holiday. during every meal.

Drinks at the bar etc. usually you will get a waiter that comes round to serve you! MR ALI!!!! famous mr ali lol. if there is alot of people there like there was in december 2008 then you may get a drink quing but the que can get a little bit long.

Also what is the situation on sun bed quantities and availability? From my friends pictures in october time it was packed around the pool but i think they cost 1 dinar for the day im not too sure as there was nobody sun bathing in the december lol.

Also in general

What is the cost on tours such as a Camel trip and say el gem? Camel trip 35 dinar half day each. and im not sure on El gem

We would also like to do some water sports are these very costly? its about 10 dinar for the ringos, banana boats. 40 dinar for a parachute on end of boat and 70 dinar for a jet ski. prices could have changed

We will be going October half term, what should we expect from the weather at that time of year?
the weather will be like our summer time maybe even warmer :)

gem15

I'm really sorry I have to disagree. This hotel is like Butlins but in the sun. If you wanna go on holiday for culture and a different scene this isnt the hotel for you. No offence (im English) but it's full of English and Russian people that have no manners. In particular dinner time is full of pushing barbrians wanting to get the best food first.

Also the only Rat I have seen in the whole of Tunisia was in that hotel.

A friend of mines Dad used to work in the hotel and he had many many bad stories about it.

Also it's in an area where there is not much to do especially for your children.

marhaba

i know all the animation too lmao!!!
soemone from marhaba used to work there we visited him enal!

i have to say the rooms are nice and clean but SMALL!!!

and there are 3 tower blocks and the one on the right is the english block lol.

K81

I wouldn't waste my money booking here, so many nicer hotels around. If you book at the Sahara Beach you might as well just say yr money and stay in the UK.

MrsEnkhili

i dont think he hotel is that bad to be honest. the entertainment is certainly better than hotels ive seen/stayed in.
the animation team are lovely and not all rats!! my friends hubby works there.
the camel trip is still same price i think like maharba said. El Jem im not sure on it either to be honest as im going with my partner and not through hotel. u can always get it cheaper if u dont book with the holiday company only difference is they are not insured. but if u would like to visit El Jem i can give u details of people i know that are doing it and can do it cheaper than the hotel are and still get the same experience :) just let me know.
as for the weather its really nice i went october last year :) and there are so many pools at sahara i doubt u wil have problems with sunbeds :) x

gem15

i dont think he hotel is that bad to be honest. the entertainment is certainly better than hotels ive seen/stayed in.
the animation team are lovely and not all rats!! my friends hubby works there.
the camel trip is still same price i think like maharba said. El Jem im not sure on it either to be honest as im going with my partner and not through hotel. u can always get it cheaper if u dont book with the holiday company only difference is they are not insured. but if u would like to visit El Jem i can give u details of people i know that are doing it and can do it cheaper than the hotel are and still get the same experience :) just let me know.
as for the weather its really nice i went october last year :) and there are so many pools at sahara i doubt u wil have problems with sunbeds :) x
The animation team are great, a very good friend of mine was chief animator there a few years ago. They are very professional and have some great acts.

Just be on guard at dinner time....LOL

Najwa

I have to be honest...the place is like your worst nightmare all locked in one hotel......if you like staying in a holiday camp then go for it...but if its culture you want FORGET IT! Its full of people with asbos...its in the middle of nowhere so if you need to escape the nearest liveliest place is Sousse which is 20 min taxi ride away...there are loads of great places, juyst dont make that your only option...xx

marhaba

ok skanes is dead lol

DebbieZebbes

I have to be honest...the place is like your worst nightmare all locked in one hotel......if you like staying in a holiday camp then go for it...but if its culture you want FORGET IT! Its full of people with asbos...its in the middle of nowhere so if you need to escape the nearest liveliest place is Sousse which is 20 min taxi ride away...there are loads of great places, juyst dont make that your only option...xx
Who are you to say it's full of people with asbos........... I've never heard such insulting rubbish, WTF, who do you think you are. Many people from this forum have stayed there, I don't know why you bother with us if you think we're such low life!

marhaba

Ooooooohhh Debbie! Lol...

Either way everyone keep opinions to the low then :D

DebbieZebbes

Maybe it's Essem's full moon effect!

annibee

we stayed there after delay in jan and it looked clean but massive. need hiking boots to get to dining room. i agree with comments about butlins everyone is entilted to their opinions and this is mine. there is far more hotels in better resorts with plenty to do around. i personally would not stay.

Najwa

Who are you to say it's full of people with asbos........... I've never heard such insulting rubbish, WTF, who do you think you are. Many people from this forum have stayed there, I don't know why you bother with us if you think we're such low life!
Firstly if I think I am above everyone why am I organising a meet up to get to know people better on here, I didnt once say I am better than anyone...The person that started this thread asked for peoples opinion and thats what I have given.. I am a well traveled professional thats stayed in alot of hotels and I happen to think this is one of the worst, and now that I live in Tunisia and have a tourism business I know its the worst.....Why are you so defensive?? do you have an asbo lol lol lol

Najwa

we stayed there after delay in jan and it looked clean but massive. need hiking boots to get to dining room. i agree with comments about butlins everyone is entilted to their opinions and this is mine. there is far more hotels in better resorts with plenty to do around. i personally would not stay.
Exactly just giving an opinion..xx

Trulymadlydeeply

You maybe giving your opinion but keep the insults to yourself, not very professional at all :(

Najwa

You maybe giving your opinion but keep the insults to yourself, not very professional at all :(
I thought us British people were known for our sense of humour!!!lol:)

Najwa

I just want to say one little point I have been insulted a few times by one of your moderaters and that never has been picked up on.. I make a light hearted remark and I am picked up on it...double standards really.:(

Trulymadlydeeply

You clearly stated on 2 posts that anyone that visits the Hotel has Asbos??!! Other people stated what they didnt like about the Hotel which is fair enough we cannot all like the same things.You on the other hand insult the people/members that stay there. I have no double standards either, straight down the line me!!

gem15

I'm just glad she asked the opinions of others regarding the hotel. Some people are not lucky enough to have this website to the hear the truth. Those who have Allocation on Arrival have not have the benefit of everyones views. I would be very dissapointed if I was given this hotel.

marhaba

so true gem