Searching for cheap flights

lulabex

Hi,

I will probably be ready to fly to the US before Christmas, so i'm trying to find cheap flights from Tunis to New York.. I would like to find a flight with a reasonable layover (from 3 to 5 hours) so do you know any sites where i could find me a good deal?

Thanks

Jillimom

We have used Cheap Tickets (www.cheaptickets.com) in the past to find flights to the US. You need to have to have a credit card to purchase from them though. I have also found that if you have a good travel agent here in Tunis and some time (because it seems to take a whole lot of searching!) that it is worth using one to find the best deal. One last tip, I know your fiancee is in the States - sometimes it is cheaper to a have a ticket booked from the States than from here. Check out all three options and insh'allah you will find the best deal. Better get cracking though because the prices will only go up the closer you get to the holidays!

I wish you the best of luck and insh'allah a great trip to the US!

lulabex

Bonjour @Jillimom :)
Thank you so much ! I think my fiancé will purchase the ticket for me because apparently it is cheaper from the US like you said. i will try to see what i can find on that website.
Have a great day !

Jillimom

Yes, I think you will find that to be the cheapest way. Have a safe and fun trip insh'allah! ;)

TunisianYankee

Lulu, your visa is moving along so fast! I know people who waited for nearly a YEAR just for a K-1visa. So being from a MENA country and getting it in just a few months is AWESOME! Even if your visa is ready before Christmas, you might get a MUCH cheaper flight in Mid January. We're currently waiting for NVC to schedule my husband's interview We're hoping for a December interview too! How long did it take the NVC to schedule your interview? We're likely going to use Qatar Airlines. We've checked with the consolidator websites, but Qatar seems like the same price and convenient flights to JFK.

lulabex

Lulu, your visa is moving along so fast! I know people who waited for nearly a YEAR just for a K-1visa. So being from a MENA country and getting it in just a few months is AWESOME! Even if your visa is ready before Christmas, you might get a MUCH cheaper flight in Mid January. We're currently waiting for NVC to schedule my husband's interview We're hoping for a December interview too! How long did it take the NVC to schedule your interview? We're likely going to use Qatar Airlines. We've checked with the consolidator websites, but Qatar seems like the same price and convenient flights to JFK.
Hiiiii :) Yes i'm so happy and satisfied with the whole process ! It went really smoothly and fast. We are not sure if my interview will be scheduled in December though.. So we might have to wait for January ! The NVC doesn't schedule interviews, the US embassy does ! Tomorrow, NVC will send our case to Tunis.
I checked with Qatar Airlines, yes not too bad !! I Need comfortable transit time because i'll be dealing with customs and everything and don't want to miss my next flight or anything ! But i'm also thinking about Turkish Airlines..

TunisianYankee

Hiiiii :) Yes i'm so happy and satisfied with the whole process ! It went really smoothly and fast. We are not sure if my interview will be scheduled in December though.. So we might have to wait for January ! The NVC doesn't schedule interviews, the US embassy does ! Tomorrow, NVC will send our case to Tunis.
I checked with Qatar Airlines, yes not too bad !! I Need comfortable transit time because i'll be dealing with customs and everything and don't want to miss my next flight or anything ! But i'm also thinking about Turkish Airlines..
Oh that's good if the Embassy schedules it directly for you. It must work different for the k-1... I'm doing the CR-1 and when I called the NVC they told me that the NVC was scheduling it... I've been waiting since the 14th but they still haven't scheduled yet .

lulabex

Oh that's good if the Embassy schedules it directly for you. It must work different for the k-1... I'm doing the CR-1 and when I called the NVC they told me that the NVC was scheduling it... I've been waiting since the 14th but they still haven't scheduled yet .
Yes it is different ! normally it takes them 7-10 days, so give them some more time !

mike84

hey lulabex are u getting married in the US ?

BELLO2014

there is no chance of getting cheap ticket for Christmas break !!
minimum 3 grand
bil 3arbi 3 mlayin :3333

Jane BM

We happened to look the other night and there were return tickets from Birmingham to Enfidha right now, flying out on 31st December for 2 weeks for just over £80....an absolute bargain!

Nej

there is no chance of getting cheap ticket for Christmas break !!
minimum 3 grand
bil 3arbi 3 mlayin :3333
3grand to where US? :O

TunisianYankee

Qatar Airways still has some cheap flights to JFK on Christmas eve and Christmas day. After that it goes up until second week in January. QatarAirways takes a bit longer for the flight than the European airlines of course, but they are SO MUCH LESS... Since my husband and I are two people the savings will be substantial so we're going to bite the bullet and take the longer flight in order to save.

annibee

We happened to look the other night and there were return tickets from Birmingham to Enfidha right now, flying out on 31st December for 2 weeks for just over £80....an absolute bargain!
wow i should have waited another 3 days to go lol

TunisianYankee

Gosh that's a lot!
It's a ridiculous price during Christmas especially considering that sometimes you can get round trip from NYC for less than 800 usd! When I came in May tickets were 800something dollars for round trip.