Setting up a company as a foreigner

NetNiet

LOL well the easy way seems to be me the best way and fun aswell....I'm only most off the times lost or can find only the difficult way! LOL

Most people I hear with dogs or cats, mostly they come by car and take aswell some things with them. But than you will have to take the car back to Sweden and I can understand that that is not something you will like to do and will be expensive aswell.

I've heard aswell from someone that they brought the car to Tunis Douane and left it there, you don't get money, but the car was taken out of the pasport. But I really did hear it once.
I also don't know what happends if your car is totall loss here, if you can get the stamp out of your passport.
But than you will have to accept the loss off the money.

LOL your dog is more kilo's than I am! LOL

huttan

Whats Tunis Douane?Dont get this Douane-thing...cant get translated.Dont mind leaving the car..but do you mean that they left the car there as soon as they arrived or they did go there and leave it after a year?

Yeah they are quite big...Im 160 cm and 65 kg...and if the 86 kg male sees a cat before me-he can pull me over in seconds...well I dont mind enjoying the neighbours as long as I dont get hurt LOL;):D

Even if I would fix flight cages to the dogs...theres some trouble around checking in...no ones can carry a cage like that.Have seen one with a labrador who borrowed something in the airport to put the cage on to make it roll...but my dogs weigh so much more.:confused:...

Essem

Staff member
Douane is Customs

NetNiet

Thanks Essem, indeed it's customs!
Yes I mean that I know 1 person who left it there after a year, but than you don't get money or anything.

huttan

Ok yes I did get that I dont get payed...but its a less problem to loose some money if its not an very expensive one... than paying maybe 2500 euro totally to get the car back to Sweden. Thanks for the info NetNiet...and thanks Essem :)

N

n3msz

Hi Alexander,

Are you still into setting up this business in Tunisia?

If yes please feel free to contact me as i can consider partnering with you on this ....

Rgds,
Makrem
Hi makrem, please inbox me what business you would like to go into?

SamiiJ

Hello,

So I am a qualified hairdresser and I am moving over to Tunisia in January 2013 with mine and my husbands baby which will be born in September :) Hamdoulah!
I was wondering about starting a hair business there with my husbands help for the language and that but like a mobile hairdresser?
I can take a few bits over with me from the UK but what do you think about it as in a business as I know they love hairstyles from Europe!
I did my husbands mothers hair and she loved it!

Thanks so much :D

Samantha

Jane BM

Sounds like a cracking idea to me Samantha!!! lots of ex pats there as well who would probably 'trust' you more....plus anything thats European is generally loved by the women.....I know when i take my GHD's over theres a queue...............:)

Trulymadlydeeply

Ghds from here are the best, not like their "cinema" ones....;)

Jane BM

Ghds from here are the best, not like their "cinema" ones....;)
Cant live without em!!!mine broke a few months ago so i bought an 'inferior' pair!!!!!! 2 weeks later....forked out for new ones instead!!:)

Madeinitaly

Hello everyone.
I'm opening this thread for a mate that asked me to find informations about it.

So this is the problem:

He is currently managing a small company with few employers, they make custom shirts.
They pick sizes of persons and realize the shirts.

They have a lot of clients.

They import the bolts of cotton and realize everything in italy.

Their entire production is done for local italian market and for exportation.

The main problem are the employers, they costs to much in italy and he would like to transfer the company in Tunisia, take tunisian employers, import cotton in tunisia, export the finished product.

What would cost opening this kind of company in tunisia?
And what would be the cost of paying 2 or 3 expert tailorers monthly? What about the costs for renting a building? And what about taxation?
Do you think it would be a good idea to move the company?

Thanks in advance

caveatemptor

Does he have any connection to your luxury car business you posted about a while back?

Madeinitaly

As I've written, it is not for me. It is for a friend.

For the cars issue, I have found a publication from the united states department of commerce where are written all the tradebarriers for cars from all over the world. If someone need it, I can link it.

Btw, why that question?

Essem

Staff member
Hi MadeinItaly

A couple of my Italian neighbours have factories here that make and export clothes.

If you'd like to send me a contact email/details, I'll pass it on for you and ask around.

Madeinitaly

This is the contact: [email protected]

I've found industries adresses and references in the site of tunisian chamber of industry, but they are big industries. The reality of my friend is a small reality, with few employers.

Btw, thank you in advance.

Tounsia

I have to hide my ghd's otherwise I won't see it again! Think it's a very good idea though, you can never have too many hairdressers, and once they know you are from the UK you won't have a problem

Hi i have just moved to tunisia i need to start earning a living for myself, i am an experianced dressmaker and my work is of high quality ideally i would like to start some sort of bussines but am in the dark as to how to go about advertising it, and and what market would be the best to targrt i do anything from alterations to formal and bridal wear,i am based in the monastir and sousse area,any pointers would be greatfully recieved.
Thanks

ROULLA

Hi i have just moved to tunisia i need to start earning a living for myself, i am an experianced dressmaker and my work is of high quality ideally i would like to start some sort of bussines but am in the dark as to how to go about advertising it, and and what market would be the best to targrt i do anything from alterations to formal and bridal wear,i am based in the monastir and sousse area,any pointers would be greatfully recieved.
Thanks
HI Ericahaitem hope that you are well! I think that I would firstly show what I have made by making a portfolio, I would create a site displaying what I can do and also print out some flyers with the name that you will use,contact details and so on. You could then also get in contact with the webmaster here and ask him to advertise your business and also create a page on facebook ,the more places that you advertise the better it will be for you. Most people that I know in Tunisia open a small place in a garage just to begin with but saying that you could always start in your home if you have a spare room. I always go to the tailors in Tunisia as there prices are great . You just have to find somewhere not to close to where you are and get some quotes on the prices that they charge so that you can compete. I wish you all the luck in the world.:)

Essem

Staff member
Good luck with your business Erica.

There are several successful expat businesses here now.

Let me know when and where, I'll come and do some pix and we can showcase it on here and on tunisia.com facebook.

Ads will cost but they're not expensive.

And, of course, you'll be offering the approproiate discounts for tunisia.com members! ;):p

HI Ericahaitem hope that you are well! I think that I would firstly show what I have made by making a portfolio, I would create a site displaying what I can do and also print out some flyers with the name that you will use,contact details and so on. You could then also get in contact with the webmaster here and ask him to advertise your business and also create a page on facebook ,the more places that you advertise the better it will be for you. Most people that I know in Tunisia open a small place in a garage just to begin with but saying that you could always start in your home if you have a spare room. I always go to the tailors in Tunisia as there prices are great . You just have to find somewhere not to close to where you are and get some quotes on the prices that they charge so that you can compete. I wish you all the luck in the world.:)[

Thankyou for your reply i will certainly take it on board feel very out of my depth as bussines is not my thing give me a needle and thread and im away but bussines is not my best skill but i have to give this a go it really is my only chance of staying here