Shengen Visa for Spain

hi debs
do you want me to write you a complaint letter in spanish?
xx
HI lainie. How are you ?
They speak English there, I spoke to them myself and quoted the directive, but they don't know their job, it's so frustrating :eek:
Anyway.......... we've been to Spain and home again now........... and it was quite handy that he could look after the dog :D x

MellieC

Hm maybe Germany isnt that good option then?...if moving?....I have been starting to look at Norway...thats close and would be great...not far to travel (good for my dogs) and theres plenty of work.

Well one step at the time...just thinking ahead.
except that Norway isn't in the EU:D

don't panic, its in the EEA lol;)

MellieC

We applied for a Shengan visa through a visa agency. It was so easy and quick to do and they did not need hardly any info. Just passports and marriage certificate. We got it for 2 years. I know technically my husband does not need a visa as he is married to me but we thought we would get one just in case.
We probably paid a bit more money than if we had done it our selves but it was well worth it!!!
a schengen visa and an EU entry visa are 2 different visa's. and you are a yank lol

MellieC

HI Mel. Many thanks for taking up his case, I can picture you like a dog with a bone now :)

I notice that the Spanish Embassy website have massively changed their visa info page, maybe since you've made a fuss Mel at http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulad...s/Paginas/conditionsapplication_services.aspx , doesn't alter the fact though that hubby had all the relevant paper work that he needed with him to apply as my family member.

I emailed everyone that I could find an address for at the EU commission to complain about the Embassy disservice, but with the exception of 1 out of office reply, I got no response from anyone there :(

Orlandobird, hubby tried an agency to save him making the journey to Scotland, but was told that they don't accept postal applications from our postcode ?
I will get a reply! DIRECTLY from the commission!

MellieC

from the link Debszebs posted:

DEPENDANT OF EU/EEA/SPANISH NATIONAL
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to “Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February”, Family members of an EU/EEA National in possession of a valid UK Residence Card are not required of a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain.
The above is CORRECT the res card applies to ALL EU states not just the UK
Otherwise, a visa will be still required (“Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009”). For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies providing that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original “Libro de Familia”).
This is NOT correct
Please note that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National, if not, a visa is required under the following conditions:
Freds Residence Card states this. HOWEVER, IF a person DOE NOT have a VALID RESIDENCE CARD OR VISA THEY CAN ATTEST BY ANY MEANS THEIR RIGHT OF ENTRY/RESIDENCE
Freds RC had EXPIRED, it WAS NOT VALID. HE DID NOT HAVE A VISA!!! he ATTESTED (PROVED) BY OTHER MEANS HIS RIGHT OF ENTRY AND RESIDENCE ~ HE PROVIDED BOTH OUR PASSPORTS AND OUR MARRAIGE CRTIFCATE AS PER THE LAW!
  • Passport or travel document valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended departure from Spain and with at least two full blank pages to affix the visa.
for EU entry the passport does NOT have to have 3 months validitiy! fred had 12 days when he entered Italy!
(I pushed EVERY point of law just to prove the point!!!) THE LAW STATES ONLY THAT A PASSPORT IS VALID! a visa only takes one page!
  • One completed and signed visa application form.
  • ONLY COMPLETE THE PARTS THAT APPLY TO EU/EEA FAMILY MEMBERS NOT THE WHOLE FORM
  • One recent passport colour photograph.
  • Original and photocopy of EU passport or National ID card of the EU National or Spanish National.
  • UK residence permit.
  • THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A UK OR EVEN AN EU RESIDENCE PERMIT, THEY ARE RESIDENCE CARDS!
  • Original and copy of “Libro de Familia” for dependants of Spanish Nationals.
  • Original and copy of the marriage certificate translated into Spanish or English.
  • A MARRIAGE CONTRACTED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD IS VALID FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE DIRECTIVE
  • Dependant children must have original and copy of Birth certificate translated into Spanish or English.
  • Dependant ascendants (parents) must present the original birth certificate for the son/daughter proving the family link to the EEA/EU national and copy translated into Spanish or English.
  • Original and copy of proof of residence (such as recent bank statements or household bills with the name of both parties).
  • NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED!!!!
  • the no EU family member does NOT have to have EVER been in the EU previously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine

you still dancing around with them?

see JC's post ~ speak to them and get them to speak to the German embassy in tunetown....?
They have :eek: And are still insisting (Tune town) that evidence of finances, accommodation etc is required. No matter how much the Directive is quoted at them :rolleyes:

huttan

except that Norway isn't in the EU:D

don't panic, its in the EEA lol;)
Did know that but thought they still had the same rules about freedom of movement with the EEA?Or dont they? Might got it all wrong LOL

you can visit them and they can visit y9u, you would all come under FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT OF EU CITIZENS, see my various posts BEFORE you think about actually going doing the schengen "thing".

and to answer your question, all Schengen states use the same visa, they have only one visa ~ the Schengen visa, but upon the actual sticker it will have a different time scale and reason for travel, HOWEVER, where FoM is involved, the sticker will also have reference to either the directive itself or that states national law where the directive has been transposed. because where FoM is involved the "schengen visa" is NOT actually a Schengen visa it is an EU ENTRY VISA.

to simply that garble ~ fred entered Italy under FoM, his EU ENTRY VISA, issued on a Schengen Sticker becuse Italy has no other form of visa sticker, states "tourismo" so that the computer would produce it with 90 day validity (the computers say NO a lot to anything not in the schengen regs??????????) but underneath that it ALSO states the Italian Decree for which Freedom of Movement directive was transposed DIRECTLY into Italian immigration law.
thus it was an EU entry visa, NOT a schengen visa because fred was entering the EU (this time) with me ~ an EU citizen.
So, really? No Shengen visa required? All we have to do to get to Holland is take both passports (obvious) and the marriage certificate? Mel, do we have to contact anybody else in advance? I'm just worried that we would turn up, get on the flight and then hubby wouldn't be allowed into the country once he arrived xxx

MellieC

They have :eek: And are still insisting (Tune town) that evidence of finances, accommodation etc is required. No matter how much the Directive is quoted at them :rolleyes:
okies,

time to put the screws on the germans then! i will enjoy that! will be in your inbox

MellieC

Did know that but thought they still had the same rules about freedom of movement with the EEA?Or dont they? Might got it all wrong LOL
lol they DO, but some rules are slightly different, nothing to give any real thought to though!

enjoy norway!

MellieC

So, really? No Shengen visa required? All we have to do to get to Holland is take both passports (obvious) and the marriage certificate? Mel, do we have to contact anybody else in advance? I'm just worried that we would turn up, get on the flight and then hubby wouldn't be allowed into the country once he arrived xxx
in theory (the directive the LAW) the above is all that is needed, in practise ~ a different matter usually due to the UK refusing to play ball!!!!

speak to the dutch embassy, as things stand its better to have a visa, purely because everyone gets their knickers twisted, and going toe to toe with immi officials is not for everyone ~ speak to the dutch embassy but don't ASK them, as such, speak to them in a tone that tells them you KNOW your rights and you ARE going to exercise them but don't be shirty (obviously)

read up FIRST ~ know what you are talking about ~

see the post above where i posted the relevant directive articles

if you wnat to email me i can give you some pointers and who else to speak to FIRST ~ who will tell you what I have but who have more clout ~ lol

you might also like the following post..........................

MellieC

AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday 27th April 2012

The European Commission has today given the United Kingdom two months to comply with European Union rules on the free movement of EU citizens and their families across the EU or face an EU court case

The Free Movement Directive guarantees that non-EU family members of EU citizens who hold a valid residence card issued by one EU country can travel together with EU citizens within the European Union without an entry visa. The UK laws do not grant this important right which lies at the heart of free movement.

The first issue is that the UK requires a non-EU family member of an EU citizen to satisfy the UK’s domestic immigration rules in order to obtain a visa to enable travel to the UK. In fact the rules that apply are the more generous EU free movement rules. Such a person, usually referred to by lawyers as a ‘third country national’ (not being from the UK or an EU state) who does not meet the UK’s domestic rules but does meet EU free movement rules has a right to enter the UK but the UK’s implementation of the Directive makes it all but impossible to get on a plane to do so

The Free Movement directive is 8 years old tomorrow (30th April) it has taken 6 YEARS to get to this point with the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am almost hoping that the UK opts for court, but on the other hand that they simply conceed and that the Home Office will then GET OFF MY BACK about posting things like i have in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point being that what i have posted is LAW, what the UK does is UNLAWFUL, the HO can complain about me as much as they like, even a Minority of 1 can be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spent the last 3 years petitioning for this.......CONCEDE YOU SOB'S CONCEDE, YOU ARE DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the UK DOES concede, all of the problems that YOU are all having trying to go on holiday in the EU will start to disappear (slowly probably) because they will have to follow the UK, and many of them are just bitching with Brits because of the UK's stance towards THEIR nationals (germans entering the UK with TCN spouses etc)

I am a happy bunny now!!!

there are 4 points that the UK will have to condede to, but the other 3 points do not concern anyone here so i haven't posted those, just the one that will impact on FORUM MEMBERS!

in theory (the directive the LAW) the above is all that is needed, in practise ~ a different matter usually due to the UK refusing to play ball!!!!

speak to the dutch embassy, as things stand its better to have a visa, purely because everyone gets their knickers twisted, and going toe to toe with immi officials is not for everyone ~ speak to the dutch embassy but don't ASK them, as such, speak to them in a tone that tells them you KNOW your rights and you ARE going to exercise them but don't be shirty (obviously)

read up FIRST ~ know what you are talking about ~

see the post above where i posted the relevant directive articles

if you wnat to email me i can give you some pointers and who else to speak to FIRST ~ who will tell you what I have but who have more clout ~ lol

you might also like the following post..........................
Thanks Mel, as always. We have no immediate plans to go to Holland, but will drop you an email when we are seriously considering making firm plans, if that's ok, in the hope that you can give us some pointers xxx

HI Mel. Many thanks for taking up his case, I can picture you like a dog with a bone now :)

I notice that the Spanish Embassy website have massively changed their visa info page, maybe since you've made a fuss Mel at http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulad...s/Paginas/conditionsapplication_services.aspx , doesn't alter the fact though that hubby had all the relevant paper work that he needed with him to apply as my family member.

Why would you need to go to Scotland? Sorry bit confused.
Our Shengan visa could not of been more simple. We just had to get our marriage certificate stamped at the Tunisian embassy in London and then the agency did the rest. We did not have to book flights or hotels we just stated the dates we wanted to travel handed in our passports and marriage certificate and then 5 days later we got a yes. Very simple
You could even post the documents to the embassy but I was working near the agency so I went in person.

I emailed everyone that I could find an address for at the EU commission to complain about the Embassy disservice, but with the exception of 1 out of office reply, I got no response from anyone there :(

Orlandobird, hubby tried an agency to save him making the journey to Scotland, but was told that they don't accept postal applications from our postcode ?

Not sure why you would need to go to Scotland maybe I'm confused. For us the Shengan visa was very easy to get we just had to get our marriage visa stamped at the tunisian embassy in london and then we gave it to the agency with our passports we did not have to book any flights or hotel just had to let them know when we wanted to travel and then 5 days later we got a answer.

Jane BM

Not sure why you would need to go to Scotland maybe I'm confused. For us the Shengan visa was very easy to get we just had to get our marriage visa stamped at the tunisian embassy in london and then we gave it to the agency with our passports we did not have to book any flights or hotel just had to let them know when we wanted to travel and then 5 days later we got a answer.
'marriage visa'? is that your marriage certificate?