Sindbad Hotel, Hammam Sousse

Essem

Staff member
Work in progress for Sindbad's new beach bar. 18 April 11 001.jpg:cool: (click to enlarge)

crazypink

If its anything like the hotel i wudnt touch anything from it!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

traceyyou

the only thing i'll be touching there is my husband, hopefully by the time thats finished he'll be here with me!

Essem

Staff member

sounds like a bad experience - care to share? Might help others with hotel choice xxx

crazypink

Was the worst hotel i have ever set foot in!! Was there 2 nites (2nd nite not by choice, cudnt get out og there fast enuf) was nothing like the pictures on the net so please dnt be fooled. Its not even cheap and cheerful - its a dump. Was filthy dirty, plastic curtains that didnt cover the windows, bathroom was disgusting (was too afraid to shower as the shower had mould on it), Hair in the bed, blankets so old and hard wud not have used them for a dog, didnt dare to eat there as it was SOOOOOOO dirty.

Also an old man died as the hotel would not get a doctor - twice asked by my husband as the old man was screaming and had messed himself. They left him overnite - only to be taken to hospital the nxt morning where he died.

Was a nite-mare i will never ever repeat.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

traceyyou

Was the worst hotel i have ever set foot in!! Was there 2 nites (2nd nite not by choice, cudnt get out og there fast enuf) was nothing like the pictures on the net so please dnt be fooled. Its not even cheap and cheerful - its a dump. Was filthy dirty, plastic curtains that didnt cover the windows, bathroom was disgusting (was too afraid to shower as the shower had mould on it), Hair in the bed, blankets so old and hard wud not have used them for a dog, didnt dare to eat there as it was SOOOOOOO dirty.

Also an old man died as the hotel would not get a doctor - twice asked by my husband as the old man was screaming and had messed himself. They left him overnite - only to be taken to hospital the nxt morning where he died.

Was a nite-mare i will never ever repeat.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
thats awful now i know why he never let me stay there... was there a few times never stayed there my friend did last year it looked ok but you are right the photo's on net look amazing then its a big let down... my husband works there in bar hate him working there but its a job...

crazypink

thats awful now i know why he never let me stay there... was there a few times never stayed there my friend did last year it looked ok but you are right the photo's on net look amazing then its a big let down... my husband works there in bar hate him working there but its a job...
Never got as far as the bar - the restaurant was enough lol. Was a real hell hole.

At least your husband has work :) The young lad who helped with our bags said they didnt treat their staff well. They even tried charge us 30td as a checking out fee cuz we were leaving early :mad: not a chance!! lol

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

traceyyou

Never got as far as the bar - the restaurant was enough lol. Was a real hell hole.

At least your husband has work :) The young lad who helped with our bags said they didnt treat their staff well. They even tried charge us 30td as a checking out fee cuz we were leaving early :mad: not a chance!! lol

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
as you said at least he's working lol... he works long days but they all do.. i do hate him working there but hopefully not for much longer... we stayed in el mouradi palace when we got married few months back now thats a hotel! lol

Essem

Staff member
Sindbad Hotel (like many I believe) have taken in many Libyan people so that they can recouperate/recover from injuries sustained during recent problems in Libya. Sad to see so many wounded people and one of their doctors who is with them stated that he'd lost his home in Tripoli and his family are scattered all over and for the moment he's not sure where any of them are.

orlandobird

Is this the hotel in Sousse that is above the supermarket???
Thinking of booking it but want to check first I have got the right hotel!

Thanks

nikky2409

Thanks
Hi Orlandobird

Yes it is and very cheap too! I booked it to stay there this time for a month half board for the 2 of us for £536.00. When we arrived at the hotel on the 22nd June the receptionist said there was not many in the hotel and mainly locals would we like to move and upgrade to Golf Residence 4 star no extra cost.....Of course we said yes and its lovely will definitley come back.

Read alot of bad reports on the Sindbad but was willing to give it ago as its so cheap and its only really somewhere to sleep. Might book there again Sept.

crazypink

Its the biggest dump ever and we stayed 2 nights (only because we had to confirm booking into the nxt hotel) was the worst start to a much needed holiday!! Please think carefully before booking. Its not even cheap and cheerful. We went to Royal Beach in Sousse after and have to say it was close in price and a much better hotel.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

nikky2409

Its the biggest dump ever and we stayed 2 nights (only because we had to confirm booking into the nxt hotel) was the worst start to a much needed holiday!! Please think carefully before booking. Its not even cheap and cheerful. We went to Royal Beach in Sousse after and have to say it was close in price and a much better hotel.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
CP we didn't even stay there got moved straight away (their choice made me think then..lol) and this hotel is lovely. But will definitely rule it out for Sept now you have said that..
Thanks Nikky xxx

crazypink

CP we didn't even stay there got moved straight away (their choice made me think then..lol) and this hotel is lovely. But will definitely rule it out for Sept now you have said that..
Thanks Nikky xxx
Was dirty, the blankets were like dog blankets. Shower and bathroom were filthy, toilet seat broken. Floors sticky. (makes me feel sick thinking about it) Food was terrible (not that we ate there cuz it was soooooo yuk) NOTHING was clean in this hotel. And to top it off an old man died the 1st night we were there - he was very ill and was shouting and walking up and down, he had messed himself and was obviously poorly. Hubby fetched someone twice but they just gave him water and left him. His friends came the nxt day and took him to hospital where he died.

Was the worst hotel ever and i will keep warning people not to go here!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

nikky2409

Was dirty, the blankets were like dog blankets. Shower and bathroom were filthy, toilet seat broken. Floors sticky. (makes me feel sick thinking about it) Food was terrible (not that we ate there cuz it was soooooo yuk) NOTHING was clean in this hotel. And to top it off an old man died the 1st night we were there - he was very ill and was shouting and walking up and down, he had messed himself and was obviously poorly. Hubby fetched someone twice but they just gave him water and left him. His friends came the nxt day and took him to hospital where he died.

Was the worst hotel ever and i will keep warning people not to go here!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Definitley will be staying away that is terrible it should be shut down xx:(

MellieC

currently full of libyans?

the hotel you moved to CP, was the one I came to meet you at ~ that looked nice in the foyer, but you know me, personally I wouldn't stay in sousse full stop lol

traceyyou

Thanks
they are not taking any guests here at the moment it is full with libyians but you can still book it and you will be moved to golf residence for same price they have the same owner...

Marie1959

I agree with CP i had to book last minute has probs staying where we had booked and this was described as a sea front hotel in Pek lol what a joke stayed the first night and moved out never stay there again and would tell anyone on planning to they do it risking their health, dirty is an understatement. xxx Good luck there are many reasonable hotels to choose from xxxx