So how do you work out if you’ve found a “good” Tunisian man??

I’ve read so many threads on here and on Tunisian love rat, but how can you know for sure?? Especially these long game kind, that sounds so awful and heartbreaking. I’ve tried asking a lot of hard questions, we don’t always agree, which to me is good in some ways, but we eventually get to common ground. It’s easy to say what would I do if it were not a Tunisian man, but I wouldn’t have this constant reminder of possible bezness in that case. I trust him, almost completely, but then I come on these threads to read more and I count help but let the doubt creep in. Which he knows about.

What questions/signs would you be asking and searching for?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
The same way as you do in the UK everyone is the same/different.

• Are you richer than him/does he live off you > In Tunisia this is very rare and not accepted women marry up when possible.
  • Are you a lot older than him > In Tunisia men are usually older and after divorce often a lot older than their wives they all want children in the main.
  • Does he have a job/career the successful marriages I have seen usually have the guy in some form of work that takes up his time. If he sits about all day moaning about the job he does not have.....leads to depression....leads to problems.
Then with all the issues of culture and long distance etc etc you have the simple issue of meeting a man/woman and all the risks and problems that entails.

The problem comes with ladies giving Tunisian boys a different set of rules that they apply to their relationships with men in the own countries. Maybe its cultural politeness or maybe lust. I cannot imagine fat, ugly middle aged bald men from Rochdale asking for money from ladies and getting away with it.

Thanks for the reply.

He is skillfully qualified, but does not have a job any longer.

I am 4-5 years older.

And I am “richer” just by way of being in a richer country with better job opportunities.

I am not giving him more options than a local potential who would be in the same situation. But the risk of being together is still higher.

Its not cut and dry for me. So it’s hard to work out.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply.

He is skillfully qualified, but does not have a job any longer.

I am 4-5 years older.

And I am “richer” just by way of being in a richer country with better job opportunities.

I am not giving him more options than a local potential who would be in the same situation. But the risk of being together is still higher.

Its not cut and dry for me. So it’s hard to work out.
Then time is the best policy.

If he loves you he will wait.

If he has a plan he will be working hard to get all things sorted and his visia in asap.

A common ploy is that if things are not going well the demands get more outragious 1000s of dinars for mums medical bills/car acident/police bail/national service etc.

There are 3 bezness strategies

1) Get 100/200 dinars a month off a number of women and make that add up to a good living.

2) Get a lady who can pay you go get a visa to leave tunisia and do everything.

3) Try and get lots of money from ladies and look for the big score and churn your customers.