Spouse visa Application - how many granted visa

Mona

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if there were many people who's husbands have been granted the UK Settlement visa.
My husband has his visa appointment next week, Inch'allah. he is granted one so we can be a proper family with our daughter together.

We have been together 2 and half years and married for 1 year and we have a 9 month old child. My husband has passed his English language test and I also earn a lot more than what the financial equipment is.

I have spent many many weeks getting the documents ready for the embassy and just hope I have given all the correct info and he is granted his visa.

But I just wondered how many of you now have your husbands in the UK with you and what were the visa processing times for your applications.

Many thanks

Jane BM

Hi Mona

Well my husband is here....he came here in January 2012 so we will be applying for his ILR soon....it took us 10 weeks for our application to be processed and approved, seemed like forever at the time. This was before the applications were handled in Paris but from what I can gather it seems to take the full 3 months possibly longer now, so a great deal of patience is needed.

The very best of luck, as long as you make sure that you've covered all the requirements and provided evidence to back it up AND you meet the financial requirement then you should be fine. Xx

Mona

Thanks for your reply, and congrats your hubby is here with you. I have given so much paperwork and evidence of our relationship, photos, flight and hotels, call and Skype records etc. on the ukba page for Tunisia for the last 3 months it seems there processing times for settlement visas are being dealt with within 15 - 40 working days. So am hoping don't have to wait the full 3 months. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Jane BM

3-8 weeks isn't bad at all....but try not to stress too much about the time issue, it'll be what it'll be....just keep confident and your spirits up.

Mona

Thank you so much. It's lovely to see people who have been through the process and have been successful and there husbands are now with them. X

missmetal

Did you make copies of it all? There are cases where they have refused people for missing info. The. There is an appeal process and all that. So hope you have copies. Don't mean to add to the stress. It's just an FYI. If u were thorough I should be fine

Mona

I made it my project for a month, lol, and have copies of everything. I have given payslips, p60, letter from work, employment contract, personal references, bank statements, letter from bank, land registry, floor plans, council tax and utility bills, pictures and flight and hotel receipts from my visits every 2 months, sponsors letter and letters from my family. Also my husband gas all his documents, letter from work, bank statements, test cert, marriage cert, police report etc. so I think we are covered from what I have read on ukba and other websites. They only had 1 application in June which was processed in 15 working days, no stats up as yet for July, but hope we don't have to wait to long for a decision. X

Jane BM

Yep I'd say you're covered Mona...:)

northerngirl

I have spent hours reading posts on here and want to say thanks for all your help. My and my fiancé have been together for 2 years and getting married in 2 weeks after months of planning. Now that the wedding is sorted we are moving onto the visa. I have all of the documents as does he and i earn we'll over the threshold. I have spent hours on the ukba and cannot get an answer to my question so wonder if someone on here can help.

I understand that the application date is the date of the appointment and ideally I want the appointment when we are on honeymoon. So my question is can he apply online in advance answering as if we are married(which we will be at the appointment) and if not and we have to wait until after we are married to do the online form how soon could we get an appointment.

As always your advice and support is appreciated.

northerngirl

Also (and sorry to be a pain and hijack the post) he passed his ket in may, please tell me this will still be valid as long as the application is submitted before 28 October when the ruleS change? Aggghhh wedding and visa stress. It would be so much easier if I had settled for a guy from the local pub (although I wouldn't be as happy) lol

Jane BM

I have spent hours reading posts on here and want to say thanks for all your help. My and my fiancé have been together for 2 years and getting married in 2 weeks after months of planning. Now that the wedding is sorted we are moving onto the visa. I have all of the documents as does he and i earn we'll over the threshold. I have spent hours on the ukba and cannot get an answer to my question so wonder if someone on here can help.

I understand that the application date is the date of the appointment and ideally I want the appointment when we are on honeymoon. So my question is can he apply online in advance answering as if we are married(which we will be at the appointment) and if not and we have to wait until after we are married to do the online form how soon could we get an appointment.

As always your advice and support is appreciated.
I don't see any reason why not.....as long as as you say, the date of the application is after you're married. The only way to find out when you can get an appointment is to fill in the application online unfortunately, then at the end it will give you a choice of dates when to submit your supporting documents.

As far as his English test is concerned, as long as the test he took is still valid on the date you submit your application and fits the requirements on the date of application.

Hope that helps and best of luck with the wedding and the application.

Mona

I have just gone back and taken a look at my Husbands visa application online, as I can still view it as he only applied 12 days ago. The date of the application is the date you submit your application online. You will need the online application date to be after the date you are married, so you will only be able to actually press the submit application after the date of marriage. You can however prepare and fill out the application online and not submit it until you are ready. It allows you to complete the application and save it and come back to it later (within 8 days) and then submit the application when you are ready. Whenever you save the application you then have a further 8 days to edit your and save or complete the application. When we applied online they didn't have available dates for two weeks, then a week before his appointment we realised we forgot the Police check report so had to go back online to postpone the appointment and we got another available appointment 4 days after his original appointment. I guess it just depends how busy they are at the time your submit your application online.
Jane is right with regards to the test, as long as the test date is valid at the time you submit the application and you submit before 28th October it should be fine.
Good luck with the wedding and the visa application.
x

northerngirl

Thank you both so much. That is really helpful. Days and days of searching for an answer on UKBA - I knew I should have come here first. He has done an amazing job of sorting the wedding so fingers crossed the visa goes as smoothly. :). Thanks for all of your support and I will try and get some pics up of the wedding etc for the next generation of Anglo-Tunisian brides haha.

Chez125

We got our visa beginning of June and was 5 weeks from submission to results. Sounds like you have covered all the bases - Good luck :)

northerngirl

Please please please forgive me. The blonde northerner is asking another stupid question. :) I have got so much paperwork together for his Visa and he has about the same so I pity the poor soul who gets our application lol.

The stupid question is........ how do we present it. Now as a super organiser I am inclined to go with a folder, everything in seperate pockets which are marked and colour coded complete with inventory at the front, however I dont want to do that if the embassy secretly hate folders and pulling endless sheets of paper out of pockets.

When I say loads I mean loads. I realise that this is so mundane in the grand scheme of things 9 days before my wedding but it is really hurting my brain!

As always any help gratefully received and who knows one day my experiences may help others :)

Jane BM

It doesn't actually matter....as long as all the information is there....however, it makes sense to deal with each aspect of your application separately, ie, housing, finance, relationship etc etc and yes with an index at the front clearly labelling the contents. Remembered to photocopy everything as well.

Basically make it as self explanatory as possible so that even a trained chimp could understand....:D

Mona

Hi,

I also had so much documentation, literally I gave more than I should so they hopefully cant come back and say I have missed something. I filled up a whole A4 binder and had everything in plastic sheets. I done an appendix list of everything at the front of the folder. I then number each plastic sheet according to the appendix. I also put in dividers for each section, i.e. Husbands Documents, child's documents, my documents, financial documents, evidence or relationship etc.
I juts thought this was the best way for them to be able to review what they needed and it would be more helpful to them. I hope I had the right idea and they do not hate folders ;-)
I am sure you will be fine good luck.
Husband done his application 2 and half weeks ago now, so we are just waiting, waiting waiting!!!!
Can anyone advise if the embassy email the decision or call the applicat???

Many thanks

Chez125

Hiya - they don't like plastic wallets or hardback folders so I wouldn't bother with them. I used treasury tags to keep each individual 'pack' together. Like you we had loads. The only other thing I used for the photos was a plastic wallet that clipped closed for the photos. These were fine for them and did not get sent back. We listed all 'packs' at the beginning of the paperwork and clearly labelled them alphabetically. They do not go in order of the visa application but we tried to keep it in that order. Treasury tags tend to keep the together without all the fuss. For example all my bank statements were in one treasury tag. All employer docs in another etc etc.

This worked for me as I am also Ms Organised and we were successful.

Good luck and as Jane said don't forget your photocopies!!! You also get these back as well which I didn't understand!!

Chez125

Hi,

I also had so much documentation, literally I gave more than I should so they hopefully cant come back and say I have missed something. I filled up a whole A4 binder and had everything in plastic sheets. I done an appendix list of everything at the front of the folder. I then number each plastic sheet according to the appendix. I also put in dividers for each section, i.e. Husbands Documents, child's documents, my documents, financial documents, evidence or relationship etc.
I juts thought this was the best way for them to be able to review what they needed and it would be more helpful to them. I hope I had the right idea and they do not hate folders ;-)
I am sure you will be fine good luck.
Husband done his application 2 and half weeks ago now, so we are just waiting, waiting waiting!!!!
Can anyone advise if the embassy email the decision or call the applicat???

Many thanks
They call the applicant to come and collect their passport. Don't give any information over the phone either as to whether the visa has been successful or not you have to wait until you pick up the passport.

Mona

Is there any reason they don't like wallets or hardback folders? How do you know they don't like them?

Well ours is done so nothing we can do about it now :oops: