Spouse visa application

scotty_bambam

Everyone says why do we do everything for them,but their country does not help them,plus closed currency.just be aware if you do it from UK it costs more..so unfair

ali el abed

on the British council webpage they say that i can pay the IELTS fees within 3 working days after i fill in the online registration and that could be done in cash / cheque , so that's one problem sorted , my question is , can i pay the visa application fees (the £956) in tunisia ? because we can't pay anything online in Tunisia , it must be a way to pay it in cash , and about the financial requirement , my wife's salary is not the same every month it depends on how many hours she work , how are we supposed to know if we'r ok or not ? thank you all for your help , and sorry for asking too many questions .

scotty_bambam

on the British council webpage they say that i can pay the IELTS fees within 3 working days after i fill in the online registration and that could be done in cash / cheque , so that's one problem sorted , my question is , can i pay the visa application fees (the £956) in tunisia ? because we can't pay anything online in Tunisia , it must be a way to pay it in cash , and about the financial requirement , my wife's salary is not the same every month it depends on how many hours she work , how are we supposed to know if we'r ok or not ? thank you all for your help , and sorry for asking too many questions .
Phone TLS contact in Tunis.they deal with the visa application

scotty_bambam

As I said to you earlier ,tell your wife to phone citizens advice re speaking to immigration advisor.you have to tell then what you Want to know and they pass it on and an immigration lawyer calls you and verifies your details then gives you an answer by email and any more questions you have you can ask by email

scotty_bambam

Ask your wife to look at her earnings over the previous year,how much short would she be? What's the minimum hours a week she does then get her to compare with last 6 months,is there a big difference?( obviously it will be 6 instead of 12)

gem15

My husband has confirmed this that Tunisians do not have bank accounts with direct debits or credit cards, therefore they can't pay anything online and never did, only business people.
They can have direct debits from their accounts as I have a few friends which do. Their general bills come out each month.

You can also have a debit card for use in Tunisia only just can't have an international one unless you put down a hefty deposit.

scotty_bambam

They can have direct debits from their accounts as I have a few friends which do. Their general bills come out each month.

You can also have a debit card for use in Tunisia only just can't have an international one unless you put down a hefty deposit.
Yes I thought you could.my husband has a debit card with his bank.

Scottochott

I have an account with direct debit, debit card and credit card, so they are available. It will all depend on their credit history and employment history, though a basic account is available to all, from which anyone can make a transfer to another account.

Saule

Apologies for the wrong information.Looks like the husband know nothing about his own country,his mum paid all the bills:)

ali el abed

you can have an E-DINAR card or other kind of bank cards that you can use to pay some of your bills in Tunisia , but as you said , its not international , you can't use it to pay for anything else online , so you can't use it to pay the visa fees , anyway , my question wasn't about an international bank card , it was about the possibility of paying the fees cash in hand or with a bank cheque

ali el abed

I have an account with direct debit, debit card and credit card, so they are available. It will all depend on their credit history and employment history, though a basic account is available to all, from which anyone can make a transfer to another account.
i already have a debit card , but you can't use it to pay anything online , and you can't transfer money to a foreign bank account , its only valid in Tunisia .12312569_1676509179263800_1546658231_n.jpg

scotty_bambam

You pay the visa fee in Tunisia not the u.k so it'd not an international payment

ali el abed

but i have to pay it on the ukba website , and that's an international payment , is it ? or i just have to pay the appointment fees on the website ?

scotty_bambam

So why was it international for me when I'm in the UK and was billed in dinar?

sass

i got two serious problems now , first , we can't meet the financial requirement because my wife's salary depends on haw many hours she works , so its not the same every month, she got some savings , will that count ? and the other problem is that the house she lives in with her grandma is a rented council house and its on her grandmother's name , so we can't provide most of the papers concerning the propriety , what can we do about this ? what are our chances ?
Hi Ali, my husband studies at the British Council and always pays in cash, not a problem. secondly, has your wife thought about taking a second job, I realised some time ago I wouldn't meet the financial criteria so I took a second job to make up the necessary shortfall, without this part being fulfilled they will almost certainly refuse it unless she is a carer or receives disability living allowance.

ali el abed

thanks Sass for the help , my wife works as home carer with a company and i don't think that she will have enough time to get another job , we're trying to work it out and i hope will find a way to meet the financial requirements

sass

I work full time and took another job 2 evenings a week to meet the requirement, you need at least £16000 in savings otherwise. If your wife earns over £18600 over 1 year, then there won't be a problem, even if her hours vary from 1 week to another, as long as it is consistently maintained.

ali el abed

ill talk to her about having a second job , 16 grand !!! thats a lot of money , i don't think that she got that much in savings :( i hope we can find a way to sort all this .

sass

ill talk to her about having a second job , 16 grand !!! thats a lot of money , i don't think that she got that much in savings :( i hope we can find a way to sort all this .
I hope you can too, nothing is easy, it's very tiring but I have got used to it now.

robynnehm

Good luck!
I have a question... It was hubby's bday yesterday and his dad's too when I went in Nov I took presents and cards for hubby and a card for fil... would we be better including them in the visa application? And would we get everything back once it's all completed if we do? Also with the most recent bank statement with it only having to be 28 days old is that from the 1st of Nov or is that from when it can be stamped from so if they stamp it its valid for 28 days from that day x x