Surveyor needed for visa app??

Nainai

Can i ask how you proved your relationship? They obviously want any proof of contact but when iv downloaded all the skype convos to my desk top there is over 1250 pages! how the hell can i print all that out?? iv only printed about 50 pages from facebook and took out any messages where we are arguing lol we wouldnt want immigration to see those now would we? lol :p xxx
To be honest I think it's a good idea to show some arguments obviously depending what it's about, they know not all relationships/marriages are a bed of roses.

Kerry I'd also say the "50 pages" of FB is a waste, they really don't need and won't be interested in seeing all that. You should include important conversations that show progression in the relationship like a couple talking about wedding plans, future plans, kids etc. they don't need to see general conversations.

I had 120 pages of Skype from just 3months of convos's, I cut that down to a two page excel spreadsheet. I showed all the calls made in a spreadsheet style and just included a column to show the odd messages to each other. My phone company (Vodafone) do not supply itemised calls lists for pay as you go customers so I have included their email stating they do not do this, hubby has included his call list from mobile and landline over the last few months since we've been apart.

Oh I also included a couple of screen shots from FB just showing messages between me and hubby on important days and a couple where he has sent messages to my family.

Try not to stress so much about FB, Skype, msn etc. they really don't need to see every convo messages you've had, seein that you have frequent contact is enough, just highlight the important convo's. Hope that helps x

kerry30

Nainai you have a point, I will print out all the valid stuff. Dose it matter that all the skype convos are printed from my desk top as there is no proof that it is from skype. it says skype on it but it id just in black and white and could have easily been typed up by anyone and i dont know how to print from skype its self. I have all my flight ticket exept for the very first time i flew out there and i have e-mail confirmation for the hotels we booked which is only 2 times as we have stayed with his family or in apartments the rest of the time. As for letters i have sent him a few but only 1 got there so i have given up so when i write to him a give them to him when i see him and i have only ever recieved one letter from him but was sent via his friend who lives in the u.k and was visiting tunisia at the time so no postage on the envelope to prove it came from tunisia. i know im woffling on a bit but i just wanna get it all right. xxxx

DanniBibo

Can i ask how you proved your relationship? They obviously want any proof of contact but when iv downloaded all the skype convos to my desk top there is over 1250 pages! how the hell can i print all that out?? iv only printed about 50 pages from facebook and took out any messages where we are arguing lol we wouldnt want immigration to see those now would we? lol :p xxx
I have included emails- not all of them as they don't need to see every day chit chat.. Ive tried to get about 2 per month and important ish ones.. Ive got 25 photos included too with dates and where we was at different times over the years (includin wedding pics with our family together) I have supporting letters from my Husband, myself, Brother, Mum and 2 of my friends who met him before- one in 2008 and one in 2011.. attached their passport copy and stamp and a pic of them with my hubby and they explained how they met us together as a couple and what we were like blah blah...Also included a few print out tickets I have- me being stupid didnt save alot of them so only have a few but my passport should be enough- have a confirmation of twice when we stayed in a hotel together and phone records and text records from my side only as he is on pay as you go.

Hopefully is enough :/ The photos seem enough to me but then you got to remember your showing a complete stranger.. My supporting letters from my friends are lovely too and really to the point explain how they saw us as a couple which is nice x

Jane BM

Ive included letters, (recipient slips at my end and his), cards, phone records, the odd msn convo (not so many)i've focused mainly on showing the times/dates/duration of been online, I think they expect that sometimes couples may argue :confused: , plane tickets, photos, accomodation confirmation, obviously all of our marriage documentation, and I have supporting letters from both me and hubby and mum, brother and father in law have also wrote letters. I'm flying out April 29th and submitting whilst I am there, so may see you there Kerry :D, and I am also stressing, but had some calming word from the lovely ladies on here, I think the more stressed/panicky you are this can reflect in the application itself, so I am having a serious chilling out at the moment. :rolleyes:
Youve got it spot on Jennifer......keep it concise and cover all bases with backup......they dont need to see reams and reams of skype messages that they have no intention of reading through.....they need to see a true representation of your relationship....

Nainai

Nainai you have a point, I will print out all the valid stuff. Dose it matter that all the skype convos are printed from my desk top as there is no proof that it is from skype. it says skype on it but it id just in black and white and could have easily been typed up by anyone and i dont know how to print from skype its self. I have all my flight ticket exept for the very first time i flew out there and i have e-mail confirmation for the hotels we booked which is only 2 times as we have stayed with his family or in apartments the rest of the time. As for letters i have sent him a few but only 1 got there so i have given up so when i write to him a give them to him when i see him and i have only ever recieved one letter from him but was sent via his friend who lives in the u.k and was visiting tunisia at the time so no postage on the envelope to prove it came from tunisia. i know im woffling on a bit but i just wanna get it all right. xxxx
I had the same thing to Hun with Skype, I just typed Skype myself in the title. Guess they will just have to take our word for it. we don't have reems and reems of Internet chat as haven't been apart that much but as long as you stick to the main points and don't show too much love yous miss u and also make sure it's Equal between you. Like who's making the calls.

You mention letters, has he managed to send you stuff, letter/cards? If so include those and the envelopes if you still have them again this shows equal effort on both parts.

I've never stayed in a hotel or apartment with my husband always in his parents home so my FIL did a declaration for this confirming the dates which of course match my passport stamp/plane tkt info.

Sounds like your on the right track and I know it's difficult but try not to get caught up in the little things, just make sure everything you state on application is backed up with evidence xxx

kerry30

I have included emails- not all of them as they don't need to see every day chit chat.. Ive tried to get about 2 per month and important ish ones.. Ive got 25 photos included too with dates and where we was at different times over the years (includin wedding pics with our family together) I have supporting letters from my Husband, myself, Brother, Mum and 2 of my friends who met him before- one in 2008 and one in 2011.. attached their passport copy and stamp and a pic of them with my hubby and they explained how they met us together as a couple and what we were like blah blah...Also included a few print out tickets I have- me being stupid didnt save alot of them so only have a few but my passport should be enough- have a confirmation of twice when we stayed in a hotel together and phone records and text records from my side only as he is on pay as you go.

Hopefully is enough :/ The photos seem enough to me but then you got to remember your showing a complete stranger.. My supporting letters from my friends are lovely too and really to the point explain how they saw us as a couple which is nice x
He shpuld be able to get itemises statements from tunisiana, if thats who his phone is with cos my hubby has managed to get them and he is on pay as u go. you can only get 3 months history tho so my hubby gets a copy every month x

DanniBibo

He shpuld be able to get itemises statements from tunisiana, if thats who his phone is with cos my hubby has managed to get them and he is on pay as u go. you can only get 3 months history tho so my hubby gets a copy every month x
Yeah I thought about it, but he doesnt ring me so much atm... We have hardly ever been apart either- only recently and we speak every night all night on skype and use facebook message through out day on our iphones.. So thought theres not really any point in getting his bills. I do have loads of emails and letters from him so will include those. I think as long as they have a bit of proof each side of contact then it should prove you are genuine. If its completely one sided for example all emails, phone, letters from us then they will question whether he is genuine. Hopefully what we have is enough... I hope! x

Jennifer_1987

I don't know how relevant this would be, but my husband has posted birthday cards for the last three years to my mum and brother, (and me of course) I don't know if they would be needed in the app, dont want to overload them with irrelevant info

kerry30

I hopr so too :) and good luck with everything
Yeah I thought about it, but he doesnt ring me so much atm... We have hardly ever been apart either- only recently and we speak every night all night on skype and use facebook message through out day on our iphones.. So thought theres not really any point in getting his bills. I do have loads of emails and letters from him so will include those. I think as long as they have a bit of proof each side of contact then it should prove you are genuine. If its completely one sided for example all emails, phone, letters from us then they will question whether he is genuine. Hopefully what we have is enough... I hope! x[/quot
I hope so too :) and good luck with everything. Keep me posted wont you hun? xx

DanniBibo

I hopr so too :) and good luck with everything
You too Kerry! :) all we can do it hope for the best outcome! If they refused me simply on the "I don't believe he is genuine" aspect then I think I would go CRAZY lol!!! x

Nainai

I don't know how relevant this would be, but my husband has posted birthday cards for the last three years to my mum and brother, (and me of course) I don't know if they would be needed in the app, dont want to overload them with irrelevant info
My husband has done this too, with Xmas cards etc. we have included them with my parents support letters. It shows effort and that he has an ongoing relationship with your family I guess x

Jennifer_1987

My husband has done this too, with Xmas cards etc. we have included them with my parents support letters. It shows effort and that he has an ongoing relationship with your family I guess x
Ohh good, I'll put them in too, you are submitting soon aren't you Nainai?? I think it's just as important they get along with your family and vice versa, my family love my husband and I love my in-laws aww getting soppy now :p

Nainai

Ohh good, I'll put them in too, you are submitting soon aren't you Nainai?? I think it's just as important they get along with your family and vice versa, my family love my husband and I love my in-laws aww getting soppy now :p
Hey Hun,

Yes we are giving everything is ready to, should be in next few weeks. It's a scary prospect :-0 sounds like you are on the right tracks and all organised, so not long for you too now are you submitting in may? Xxx

Jennifer_1987

Hey Hun,

Yes we are giving everything is ready to, should be in next few weeks. It's a scary prospect :-0 sounds like you are on the right tracks and all organised, so not long for you too now are you submitting in may? Xxx
I go April 29th, so maybe 30th April or as early as possible in May, just want it all handed in then we can spend the rest of our time relaxing...if possibe :Dbecause no doubt the worrying will set in again soon after, I hope the good news continues and wish you all the best with your app hun xx

Jasmine

Why wouldnt you?? :confused: Shows you're only human afterall! No marriage is always "i love you more, no i love you more":rolleyes:

Nainai

I go April 29th, so maybe 30th April or as early as possible in May, just want it all handed in then we can spend the rest of our time relaxing...if possibe :Dbecause no doubt the worrying will set in again soon after, I hope the good news continues and wish you all the best with your app hun xx
That's sounds like a great plan, I'm sure for those first days/week it will feel like a weight lifted and you can make the most of that feeling enjoying time with yr husband, no doubt when you are apart the the stress of the waiting game will kick in but just stay positive.

Thanks Hun, wish you luck too. It's a pretty unpredictable process but as long as we put the best application we can possible not much more we can do eh?! Xxx

kerry30

Good luck to everyone who is applying for visa's for their hubby's, its a long stressfull task and i just hope we all have happy endings and have our loved one's here with us so we can argue face to face rather than on bloody skype loooool :p x x x

Jane BM

Yeah I thought about it, but he doesnt ring me so much atm... We have hardly ever been apart either- only recently and we speak every night all night on skype and use facebook message through out day on our iphones.. So thought theres not really any point in getting his bills. I do have loads of emails and letters from him so will include those. I think as long as they have a bit of proof each side of contact then it should prove you are genuine. If its completely one sided for example all emails, phone, letters from us then they will question whether he is genuine. Hopefully what we have is enough... I hope! x
The fact that you have not actually spent an awful lot of time apart will speak volumes to the Embassy as regards it being a 'real' relationship.......

Jane BM

That's sounds like a great plan, I'm sure for those first days/week it will feel like a weight lifted and you can make the most of that feeling enjoying time with yr husband, no doubt when you are apart the the stress of the waiting game will kick in but just stay positive.

Thanks Hun, wish you luck too. It's a pretty unpredictable process but as long as we put the best application we can possible not much more we can do eh?! Xxx
yes stay positive.....hmmmmmmmmm lets hope you take your own advise please hon......xxxx

Nainai

yes stay positive.....hmmmmmmmmm lets hope you take your own advise please hon......xxxx
Hahahahaha, never really been one for practicing what I preach! Hehe

Thanks Hun xxxx