taxi prices

lainie

hi
does anyone know how much a taxi from tunis airport to zeramdine (monastir province) would be? its about 2-2.5 hours by car.

thanks

skele

A hell of a lot and depends on whether you get a taxi drivzer that wants to rip you off. A lot of the taxis aren't allowed to leave Tunis. Don't go to the ones at the exit go to the one's downstairs and make sure you agree a price before you get in. Better still find out about the transfer companies, I think there's one called A2B? Very reasonable.

FoxyRoxie89

Yes Skele, A2B Transfers , Resort Hoppa or probably a few more when you google transfers in tunisia or somethng along them lines.

trotter

cost of taxi

If you are going to visit someone they can hire a taxi or car to collect you as it will be much cheaper even as a return trip . Taxis outside the airport are very overpriced a 30 min journey can cost 90 dinar around 42 english pounds.

Mossy

Taxis outside the airport are very overpriced a 30 min journey can cost 90 dinar around 42 english pounds.
Correction !! A 30 minute journey within Tunis should cost no more than 10-15 dinars.

lainie

cheers guys
hubby going to get a taxi to do return trip.

skele

Correction !! A 30 minute journey within Tunis should cost no more than 10-15 dinars.
SHOULD! Yes, but less than likely!

Mossy

SHOULD! Yes, but less than likely!
I have traveled by taxi from Tunis airport to my apartment in Gammarth a number of times and never paid more than 15 dinars and then only because I gave the driver 15 of my own free will for helping with luggage etc.

skele

That's nice. I know that there is usually a completely different price for me than for my husband and often times they will argue with him in Arabic that he should pay more because he's with a 'tourist'. One even said to him that he would charge an extortionate amount and give him half, you can imagine my husband's reaction. I'm not saying all taxi drivers in Tunisia are the same because of course they're not but when I was living there and had bugger all money they would more often than not get angry if they didn't get a tip.

Mossy

I think the difference may be that I am asking them to take me "home" and not to a hotel.
I think maybe they realize that I live here and so know the prices. Maybe. :confused:

ROULLA

If you are going to visit someone they can hire a taxi or car to collect you as it will be much cheaper even as a return trip . Taxis outside the airport are very overpriced a 30 min journey can cost 90 dinar around 42 english pounds.
Hi Trotter hope that you are in good health! Sorry but they must have been skanking you as i have paid around 40 TD from sousse to Nabeul and we have done this on a few occassions,.. I have also been from Nabeul to Korbous and only paid around 60td there and back with all of my family in a large mini bus..

ROULLA

That's nice. I know that there is usually a completely different price for me than for my husband and often times they will argue with him in Arabic that he should pay more because he's with a 'tourist'. One even said to him that he would charge an extortionate amount and give him half, you can imagine my husband's reaction. I'm not saying all taxi drivers in Tunisia are the same because of course they're not but when I was living there and had bugger all money they would more often than not get angry if they didn't get a tip.
Hi Skele hope that you and your husband are both in good health! I advice anyone getting into a taxi to either negociate a price or check the meter when you get in.. I have got into a taxi before and he has forgotten to change his meter, i did notice this but i played stupid til we reached my house and i know that the fare was no more than 3 TD but he tried to charge me around 10 TD now i have no problem whatsoever with giving a good tip but when i saw that he wanted to take the mick with me i played smart as well and told him that i have all day so can he please go to the police station and guess what he then asked me for 3 TD...Hmmmmmmmmm
Like i said i do not mind giving ...But do not take the mick with me..

skele

Yes Roulla, I don't mind tipping either if someone is nice and deserves it but if someone is already trying to rip you off then gets pissy about a tip they can get lost!
Hope you and yours well too!

newtosousse

Hi Trotter hope that you are in good health! Sorry but they must have been skanking you as i have paid around 40 TD from sousse to Nabeul and we have done this on a few occassions,.. I have also been from Nabeul to Korbous and only paid around 60td there and back with all of my family in a large mini bus..
Hi Roulla,

Hope you are in good health. I am really surprised that you only got charged 40TD from Sousse to Nabeul, that is cheap. I paid 20TD from Sousse to Monastir. I went by louage from Sousse to Nabeul, and Nabeul is not round the corner, so am amazed you only paid 40TD, by taxi.

ROULLA

Hi Roulla,

Hope you are in good health. I am really surprised that you only got charged 40TD from Sousse to Nabeul, that is cheap. I paid 20TD from Sousse to Monastir. I went by louage from Sousse to Nabeul, and Nabeul is not round the corner, so am amazed you only paid 40TD, by taxi.
Hi Newtosousse i am fine thank you , hope that you are also in good health! Yes but HAGGLE is my middle name, i love haggling and when you know that they need to make some money then you too can be clever..Naughty but worth every penny..:);):DAnd besides i learnt how to haggle in Tunisia, that's the name of the game..

trotter

Yes maybe if you are Tunisian but if you are a Tourist you will pay a lot more !!

trotter

Trotter has never been in a Taxi as my husband has a Car! but i know many tourists have overpaid ! i was just trying to inform people they need to agree a price before they get in the taxi !

caucious

what is the normal taxi fare from enfidha to souuse as i hav enot done this route b4

Black Mamba

What do you mean by prices? you can the taxi's small screen, it gives you the price you have to pay!

If the taxi tries to overcharge you, take its number down and threaten that you will go to the police station, that should do!

newtosousse

Hi Roulla,

Hope you are in good health. I paid 60 dinar from Enfidha to Sousse, and am told that was cheap as other taxi drivers were charging 100 dinar. Yet you managed to go to Nabeul ufor 4o dinar, wow!