The Movenpik Hotel - Sousse

StrictlyAnna

Hi All

I hope you are all well. I know it only opened in March but I was wondering if any of you had stayed at The Moevenpik Hotel in Sousse yet? The pictures of the hotel look amazing. I cant wait to go, im counting down the weeks........:D

Kisses

Anna xx

StrictlyAnna

Hmmm a couple of mixed reviews there. Will let you know how it goes!

x

MellieC

haven't stayed there ~ haven't stayued in a hotel for 15 years other than to escape family and friends and have some quiet time with hubby lol am going to be in/around PEK in the week, i did see the Movenpik when i was in sousse last week ~ i might go take a look LOL the M hotels are usually pretty nice looking from the outside?? the one in Yasmine hammamet is

Essem

Staff member
My Swiss neighbour, who is a little bit scatty, decided to go in to see the new Moevenpick Hotel.

When her and her friend arrived inside, one of the waiters asked if they'd like to drink something and my neighbour said she'd prefer one of their delicious ice creams (Movenpick by Nestle) which she'd enjoyed in Switzerland many times!!!

gem15

The hotel looks nice but has had many problems with the service. Drinks are stupidly expensive and are no different from any other hotels in the country. Be prepared to pay 6 TND for a coffee.

I've heard they have had to refund a few tourists due to bad service and food.

The Japanise restaurant is surposed to be nice but once again expensive.

caveatemptor

True it`s 6 dinars for a coffee, but you do get a little biscuit and a glass of water with a mint leaf in it!

aljaye

It is open and looks fab but the 6 dinar thing is true sadly dont think they are marketing at the normal tourist..a brand new Brabus merc was parking outside when I went past..everyone was staring Tunes and Tourists alike!
But the view through the smoked glass windows from the road onto the beach is stunning.

StrictlyAnna

The hotel looks nice but has had many problems with the service. Drinks are stupidly expensive and are no different from any other hotels in the country. Be prepared to pay 6 TND for a coffee.

I've heard they have had to refund a few tourists due to bad service and food.

The Japanise restaurant is surposed to be nice but once again expensive.
Hi

Im booked in all inclusive so shouldnt be too bad.......

x

janette b

I havent been in yet as i was late opening... so i was back in UK by the time it opened but watched them built all of it and you could tell it would be a nice lookin hotel but prices are steep if it costs 6dinar for a coffee......

MellieC

I havent been in yet as i was late opening... so i was back in UK by the time it opened but watched them built all of it and you could tell it would be a nice lookin hotel but prices are steep if it costs 6dinar for a coffee......
now here is a question that I will endeavor to answer myself through personal experience LOL

DO THEY HAVE ENGLISH TEA??? LIPTONS YELLOW LABEL, im not expecting PG Tips, although I think ALL hotels/restaurants/bars should have them by LAW lol

and IF they have english tea will it be proper with COLD MILK and the teabag actually in the water?????? and the WATER HOT lol

or will it be some kind of slop that i have been presented with all over tunisia?????
and how much will they expect me to pay for this slop? lol

I will report back!!!!

its OK for you coffee drinkers ~ plenty of choice lol

newtosousse

:D
now here is a question that I will endeavor to answer myself through personal experience LOL

DO THEY HAVE ENGLISH TEA??? LIPTONS YELLOW LABEL, im not expecting PG Tips, although I think ALL hotels/restaurants/bars should have them by LAW lol

and IF they have english tea will it be proper with COLD MILK and the teabag actually in the water?????? and the WATER HOT lol

or will it be some kind of slop that i have been presented with all over tunisia?????
and how much will they expect me to pay for this slop? lol

I will report back!!!!

its OK for you coffee drinkers ~ plenty of choice lol
I don't drink tea or coffee, so could you please check that they do Hot chocolate. Green and Blacks organic Hot chocolate madam.

Could you also check whether they have soya mik?

MellieC

:D

I don't drink tea or coffee, so could you please check that they do Hot chocolate. Green and Blacks organic Hot chocolate madam.

Could you also check whether they have soya mik?
don't be picky will you ROTFL

by hot choc do y9ou mean proper stuff like cadburys or melted choc in a cup or chocoline? lol

green and blacks organic cho? how do you get organic chocolate?? lol

soya milk????? do they have that here at all????

you better have a big suitcase my girl lol

i wonder if they ice cream as movenpik is ice cream lol

caveatemptor

A friend of a friend stayed there all-inclusive and he and his wife plus many other guests were given a refund of about 150 dinars because the the food and service were not good enough. The "free" wine was served in very small glasses and he was convinced the spirits were diluted. Another friend had dinner there and a HALF bottle of Magon was 24 dinars. They are trying to be upmarket but at the moment only the prices reflect this. They will have to improve if they want to attract the "right" type of guest. The building is impressive though.

newtosousse

don't be picky will you ROTFL

by hot choc do y9ou mean proper stuff like cadburys or melted choc in a cup or chocoline? lol

green and blacks organic cho? how do you get organic chocolate?? lol

soya milk????? do they have that here at all????

you better have a big suitcase my girl lol

i wonder if they ice cream as movenpik is ice cream lol
Mellie C, I am not being picky. If I drink anything with caffeine in it, I have the shakes all day. Everyone thinks I have Parkinsons disease, I kid you not.

So it is either hot chocolate, or herbal teas.

Here is some Green and Blacks

http://www.greenandblacks.com/us/our-chocolates/hot-chocolate/fairtrade-cocoa-powder.html

I hope their ice cream is Movenpick, that would be lovely, another thing you can check out for me girl.

I learned my lesson the last time, I will be travelling with BA this time not Thomas cook, and will take two suitcases.

newtosousse

My Swiss neighbour, who is a little bit scatty, decided to go in to see the new Moevenpick Hotel.

When her and her friend arrived inside, one of the waiters asked if they'd like to drink something and my neighbour said she'd prefer one of their delicious ice creams (Movenpick by Nestle) which she'd enjoyed in Switzerland many times!!!
Did they have the ice cream?

crazypink

Our friend had a glass of coke there - 5td!!!! Dnt think will bother! lol.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

sparkle

I had movenpick ice cream at centre parcs hmmmmmmmmmm

janette b

Hi Mel whenever we get there this year will bring you some PG tips and thats a promise, if you get desperate there are plenty of Asda tea bags in my house help yourself....there is one big 240 box sealed so tat will be okay.

Dolly

Someone asked about soya milk?? that's the only milk I can have so I get friends and friends of friends to bring it when they visit. I've seen Soya Milk in Monoprix for TD7.000 for 1 litre - not kidding!! I'll drink my coffee black thanks.