The Movenpik Hotel - Sousse

newtosousse

Thanks Dolly. There is no point in me carrying it with me, as I stay in a hotel. I will just carry my herbal teas like the last time.

Philly

Hi All

I hope you are all well. I know it only opened in March but I was wondering if any of you had stayed at The Moevenpik Hotel in Sousse yet? The pictures of the hotel look amazing. I cant wait to go, im counting down the weeks........:D

Kisses

Anna xx
OMG i saw this being built ahhhhhhh now im annoyedbecause i just booked the TEJ MERHABA and i totally forgot about this hotel ahhhhhhhhh it looks like a plalace where did you book it i may have a look and see can we get refund and then book this one.....were going saturday :) LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY decided yesterday

Philly

ok i just found it wont be staying there this time the prices are unbelievebly high, considering we wont spend much time in hotel, looks amazing tho enjoy it!!!!!!!! looks like a spa :)

StrictlyAnna

OMG i saw this being built ahhhhhhh now im annoyedbecause i just booked the TEJ MERHABA and i totally forgot about this hotel ahhhhhhhhh it looks like a plalace where did you book it i may have a look and see can we get refund and then book this one.....were going saturday :) LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY decided yesterday
Hi Philly

I booked mine on Thomson. It was a bit pricey but I am going in July and the hotels at this time wasnt much difference in price to be honest. Im treating myself....lol :D

x

newtosousse

I will be treating myself too, and am interested to see whether the service matches the image.

Philly

Hi Philly

I booked mine on Thomson. It was a bit pricey but I am going in July and the hotels at this time wasnt much difference in price to be honest. Im treating myself....lol :D

x

Thats true in summer they all hike up by price so you might aswell pay little extra for the luxury and it is an amazing hotel, i would love to stay there, we are going for a week on saturday just booked it yesterday, have to sort some legal matters so we wont be there much to enjoy the luxury of hotel and relaxing too much, but im so glad to be getting some sunshine lol its cold here in ireland :) and i get to see hubby so even BETTER lol we stayed in Riadh palms in january and every day we passed this hotel your going to be staying in and i was looking in amazement as they got the finishing touches done delivering furniture etc thinking wow and when i saw this post i googled it wondering what new hotel lol thinking is it that one and was so surprised lol maybe next time we will stay here let us know what its like and take LOTS of photos :) have you ever stayed in TEJ MERHABA?

newtosousse

I stayed at the Tej last year in November, and walked past the Movenpick being built several times. Hopefully, I get to stay there in November.

StrictlyAnna

Thats true in summer they all hike up by price so you might aswell pay little extra for the luxury and it is an amazing hotel, i would love to stay there, we are going for a week on saturday just booked it yesterday, have to sort some legal matters so we wont be there much to enjoy the luxury of hotel and relaxing too much, but im so glad to be getting some sunshine lol its cold here in ireland :) and i get to see hubby so even BETTER lol we stayed in Riadh palms in january and every day we passed this hotel your going to be staying in and i was looking in amazement as they got the finishing touches done delivering furniture etc thinking wow and when i saw this post i googled it wondering what new hotel lol thinking is it that one and was so surprised lol maybe next time we will stay here let us know what its like and take LOTS of photos :) have you ever stayed in TEJ MERHABA?
Hi. Ive never stayed at The Tej Marhaba, is it a good one? Another fab hotel is The Radisson in Monastir, beautiful and the food is amazing!!

x

annh

We stayed already lot of times in the Tej and are quite happy with it, considering to us the price/quality level is good.
In the hotelreviews people write sometimes that the food is not ok, but in all them times I never had one moment that there was not nothing that suites me.
The thing we like most is that there are still Tunesian guests in the hotel, so you don't end up with only tourists.
If you are looking for glitter and glamour and English breakfast or fish and chips every day it is not a place to go. But considering i'm Belgian I dont miss that :)

caveatemptor

Not even chips with mayonaise?

annh

Why do foreigners think that is all we eat here ;-)))))))))))))))))))

L

Lissy

Totally off subject but I just LOVE Belgian waffles. Had some in Brussels many, many years ago and am still in love with them!!!!

Essem

Staff member
And don't forget Belgian chocolates!!!

caveatemptor

OK Annh, why do foreigners (well you anyway) think that all Brits eat English breakfasts and fish and chips?

sparkle

had a look yesterday on the thomson webpage and it looks fantastic, i might have to indulge in staying there when we go back :)

Tunisianbelle

We stayed at the hotel this past weekend and I was not impressed. My personal opinion of the hotel is that while the rooms and some of the amenities are nice, there are some serious flaws of the hotel that cannot be overlooked. Also, the complete lack of professionalism, respect, courtesy, and customer service from the front desk staff was unacceptable. If anyone is interested in reading my full review of the hotel, you can do so HERE

newtosousse

It seems that this hotel is hit and miss 55% of travellers do not recommend it on Tripadvisor. You can read the reviews here.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295401-d1501995-Reviews-Moevenpick_Resort_Marine_Spa_Sousse-Sousse.html#REVIEWS

I know Strictly Anna stayed there recently, and enjoyed her stay.

I am planning to go there at the end of the year, and hope things have improved by then.

Sorry to hear about your hassle checking in and out, and also where your room was located. I must remember that, hmmm.

Lovely photos.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
OK Annh, why do foreigners (well you anyway) think that all Brits eat English breakfasts and fish and chips?
Dont we....I am desperate for a ful english and some cod n chippies!

My wife and her family love Bisto and Mushy Peas!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
We stayed at the hotel this past weekend and I was not impressed. My personal opinion of the hotel is that while the rooms and some of the amenities are nice, there are some serious flaws of the hotel that cannot be overlooked. Also, the complete lack of professionalism, respect, courtesy, and customer service from the front desk staff was unacceptable. If anyone is interested in reading my full review of the hotel, you can do so HERE
The wife is getting a few mixed reviews also from her Tunisian customers in the travel agency.

All customers: Fantastic huge hotel

20% of customers: Staff issues which is not disorganisation which is common in new huge hotels but problems like rudeness and arrogance (bizzare?).

Lets hope they get a handle on this as its a marquee hotel.

There are plenty of Narcissists in Tunisia so I bet they have had some ding-dongs in reception lol

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Nice review by the way (consistant with others I have been given0 such a shame hotels ruin things with the 1st concept of the "hospitality" industry be hospitable.

Its difficult to build a 50 million dinar hotel but you would think easy to smile at people giving you money but ironically it is not always thus.

The customer is always right!