The Movenpik Hotel - Sousse

lizzalee

i heard that it is changeing hands /closing and the staff r being laid off or being replaced has anyone heard more about this?

StrictlyAnna

Hi all.......I stayed at The Movenpick in Sousse in July 2010 and i must say that it is amazing!! The best hotel i have ever stayed in and ive stayed in quite a few!! You have to go, well worth the money!

xx

lainie

hi all
we are thinking of spending new year's eve at the moevenpick as a kind of belated honeymoon.
we can book half board but dinner is in the mosaique buffet style restaurant.
are we better going b&b only? has anyone dined here?
any thoughts welcome.

Essem

Staff member
Hi lainie,

As you know I've only eaten in the Spanish restaurant in the Movenpick hotel.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something special organised for New Year's Eve.

Other than that, I've been to a few Hogmanays in Sousse and by far the best has always been Restaurant Bonaparte. This year menu price per person is in the region of 80 dinars, when I asked a few weeks ago, they still hadn't decided on entertainment, price etc but said it would be around that price.

gem15

Hi lainie,

As you know I've only eaten in the Spanish restaurant in the Movenpick hotel.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something special organised for New Year's Eve.

Other than that, I've been to a few Hogmanays in Sousse and by far the best has always been Restaurant Bonaparte. This year menu price per person is in the region of 80 dinars, when I asked a few weeks ago, they still hadn't decided on entertainment, price etc but said it would be around that price.
My 1st new year here was celebrated in Bonaparte and we had a great time. The food is always great and the atmosphere is fantastic. Thats the place I would recommend to anyone if they wanna celebrate in Sousse.

janette b

we had a fanastic night in the hotel (hubby knows most of the staff as a lot are from the riadh palms and surrounding hotels) service was brilliant and everyone was very friendly, even forced me to drink a baileys at the end of night(my kind of people). We were told they were stopping the all inclusive option at the hotel . I have told makrem next time i am spending at least 1 night here as we watched it being built when i lived there, and it looks and feels great

Reba1986

I really want to stay there for a week early January so am deal searching every day. Can anyone tell me what "full board" includes? I am guessing not the same as all inclusive but I am ever hopeful!

C

Cas

Full board usually means bed, breakfast, lunch and evening meal.

gem15

The hotel is now doing 80TND per night full board!

marhaba

Tats not to bad seeing as usually around 150 pound for 2 people for one night.

lainie

which hotel gem? the movenpick
and is that per person?
and if so cheap can you book it for me for new years eve?

gem15

Yeah its the Movonpick. A friend told us so will find out who its thru and see if I can book it for you. I have a friend who is front of house manager there so will also ask him. xx

lainie

th
Yeah its the Movonpick. A friend told us so will find out who its thru and see if I can book it for you. I have a friend who is front of house manager there so will also ask him. xx
thanks so much gem

lainie

gem, you are a wee gem indeed

gem15

No worries, i will let u know when i find out. x

Reba1986

Full board usually means bed, breakfast, lunch and evening meal.
I have always gone all inclusive, do you get wine etc with meals as full board?

annibee

I have always gone all inclusive, do you get wine etc with meals as full board?
only if you pay for it lol. just get your breakfast, lunch and evening meal :)

marhaba

i wonder what the foods like in MovenPik hmmm,.. lol