The Movenpik Hotel - Sousse

Scottochott

Fabulous live music all night in the lobby, a stream of classical music both western and Arab, brilliant musicians and very appreciative audience. If you're around well worth popping in for, although the g&t bill can be scary!

More pics to follow, once I've passed them to our resident tech wizard Essem who knows how to reduce their size and upload them!

Jane BM

Am booked to spend a week here soon....and rather excited about it, having felt quite disappointed over the last couple years or so with the other offerings in Sousse. Already saving my pennies!!

Jane BM

image.jpg Couple of pics at beach bar at Movenpick....image.jpg

janette

re the 2 vacant hairs reserves for Mrs Jane Ben Mohammad and partner Jane! xx

Aslemma

I obviously need new glasses as I didn't notice any hairs, only a couple of vacant bar chairs.:p

Jane BM

I obviously need new glasses as I didn't notice any hairs, only a couple of vacant bar chairs.:p
I tell you what, if I'd been sat on it tonight I'd have fallen off it.....one , JUST ONE and not a bottle, Gin and tonic.....22 dinar for the gin and 5.5 for the tonic......:eek::wacky::inpain:....my meal out WITH a bottle of wine was only a bit more....lol....

Aslemma

I was taken there for coffee and cake once by a local friend and that was dear enough. We had a wander round the grounds afterwards and got some lovely pictures. I'm surprised that such an expensive hotel in Tunisia seems to be doing reasonably well in the present economic climate.

janette

I tell you what, if I'd been sat on it tonight I'd have fallen off it.....one , JUST ONE and not a bottle, Gin and tonic.....22 dinar for the gin and 5.5 for the tonic......:eek::wacky::inpain:....my meal out WITH a bottle of wine was only a bit more....lol....
We were treated to a couple of nights there by friends from UK who had booked the then new hotel and loved it - but thankfully, none of us drank alcohol! I know that imported drinks are expensive in Tunisia, but no excuse for that price for the gin -- and tonic is millims, so total con there. Hardly encouraged tourists to imbibe does it?

Jane BM

I think the thing is you're so used to paying peanuts for things in Tunisia, that when you get a comparable price to the UK for things it's a bit of a shocker at first....lol...

However, I'll be honest, I've noticed a HUGE difference with here and the other hotels I've stayed in in Sousse. It's a totally different vibe and feel, I could easily sit at any of the bars here on my own, or round the pool/beach etc and not get hassled by anyone or anything. The service can't be faulted, the decor isn't tired, there's not loads of AI for £200 who just treat the place and fellow guests like they're insignificant.

I'm definitely sold on the place, I just won't be drinking gin....:p

Trulymadlydeeply

Duty free all the way then Jane :p:D

Jane BM

Have today returned home after spending just over a week at the Movenpick.......and no, I won't be staying anywhere else in future in the Sousse area. Faultless.....a PROPER 5 star hotel, with service and surroundings to match. They say you get what you pay for and you most certainly do....no one out to make a quick buck out of you, no one hassling you for coffee, beautiful surroundings, pool area/spotless private beach.

On the grand scheme of things not extortionate prices either, it's only when you compare it to some other hotels locally that it seems expensive.

So nice to return and NOT be disappointed in the hotel!

alison

Hi All

I hope you are all well. I know it only opened in March but I was wondering if any of you had stayed at The Moevenpik Hotel in Sousse yet? The pictures of the hotel look amazing. I cant wait to go, im counting down the weeks........:D

Kisses

Anna xx
Hi Anna,
I have only been in for a drink and it was beautiful, the staff were excellent I am sure you won't be disappointed, have a great holiday

A

Ahlem

Hi everybody
The Moevenpik Hotel is considered as one of the best in Sousse, but it is a little bit expensive about 170 DT in bed and breakfast, dispite of the rate rooms are well equiped spa center is luxirious, hotel staff is friendly.