The Tunisian Online Teaching Thread../translation thread

sallyann

can anyone translate this, please? 'wlh maw9a3tha aslan'

Meriem

Hi Sallyann,

I think the above means : " I swear I am not lazy " I could be wrong, as in north african arabic the same word could mean 10 different things due to region and different dilects.

Also, "Sa7aa" means Health but when someone says it to you as a greeting it just means HI, HELLO and Bye, See you later and so on... It is also used when someone sneezes to say "bless you", to congratulate someone for anything and when a person has a bath it is accustom to say "Sa7aa alik".

Jane BM

Hi Sallyann,

I think the above means : " I swear I am not lazy " I could be wrong, as in north african arabic the same word could mean 10 different things due to region and different dilects.

Also, "Sa7aa" means Health but when someone says it to you as a greeting it just means HI, HELLO and Bye, See you later and so on... It is also used when someone sneezes to say "bless you", to congratulate someone for anything and when a person has a bath it is accustom to say "Sa7aa alik".
You know your stuff Meriem!!

Meriem

Thank you Jane, I try :)

Sardonyxx

Good morning , Im new to this site, as I am trying to learn Arabic, I sure could use some help!
I would like to have the following translated: I feel like kissing you all over, to be in your arms, to watch you, to touch you.....

DARK ANGEL

Good morning , Im new to this site, as I am trying to learn Arabic, I sure could use some help!
I would like to have the following translated: I feel like kissing you all over, to be in your arms, to watch you, to touch you.....
Hi Sardonyxx , i am very pleased to give you some help , i will translate what you ask about in Tunisian Dialect , so enjoy it :
I feel like kissing you all over=nehss eli ana enbouss fik men kol blasa
to be in your arms=eni bid ahdanek / eydik
to watch you=eni enra fik kodami
, to touch you=enmess fik
Enjoy :)you romantic sentences

Sardonyxx

Hi Sardonyxx , i am very pleased to give you some help , i will translate what you ask about in Tunisian Dialect , so enjoy it :
Thank you so much Dark Angel! ;) Ill be needing your help again soon im sure! I can't thank you enough!!!

Sardonyxx

I have yet another translation request ;)

" I cant seem to figure out, what's happened to me, You came and you changed my life, Now I cant seem to see the difference between right or wrong"
You appeared out of nowhere, like an angel from up above, you opened up my heart, you came and showed me love"
Now I wish i could be with you forever, I wish I could hold your hands forever, I wish I could lay with you forever, I wish we could stay this way forever.....
Be with you , loving you, pleasing you........ for the rest of your life......."

Thanks so much in advance,

Jane BM

" I cant seem to figure out, what's happened to me, You came and you changed my life, Now I cant seem to see the difference between right or wrong"
You appeared out of nowhere, like an angel from up above, you opened up my heart, you came and showed me love"
Now I wish i could be with you forever, I wish I could hold your hands forever, I wish I could lay with you forever, I wish we could stay this way forever.....
Be with you , loving you, pleasing you........ for the rest of your life......."

Blimey Sardonny...are you writing a book of sonnets or a blockbuster romance novel.....lol

missmetal

Hi Dark Angel

Are those word for word translations? If not, could you describe how the sentence is constructed in Tunisian Arabic? What is masculin or feminine? Or are these gender neutral?

Thx

annh

Good morning , Im new to this site, as I am trying to learn Arabic
We started our lessons with:
My name is...
I live in...
I work as...

All them 'naughty' words were only for the higher grades ... inch allah...

:D:D:D:D

ps - I can't help you with the translation, only know that 'I wish I can lay with you' is an eufinism for having sex, so be carefull in what you say !!

Sardonyxx

Blimey Sardonny...are you writing a book of sonnets or a blockbuster romance novel.....lol
It means alot to me, when I find a good love, I love so bad!!! And perhaps its worth a blockbuster to assist others! there's nothing like.......... a fairy tale love, no matter breed, creed or religion ;)

DARK ANGEL

Hi Dark Angel

Are those word for word translations? If not, could you describe how the sentence is constructed in Tunisian Arabic? What is masculin or feminine? Or are these gender neutral?

Thx
Hi Missmetal , for my last translation, i worked on the meaning of the words , for example means kiss= enbouss
to watch = enchouf !
I am trying here to do a pure Translation in Arabic language not in our tunisian dialect , here we can pick out the masculin , feminine , neutral gender !
I feel like kissing you all over, to be in your arms, to watch you, to touch you.....=اشعر و كاني اقبلك كل مكان في جسدك.اني بين احضانك.اراك والمسك!
the kiss =القبلة is feminine word,
I concluded that what i translated to our new friend, both of couple can say to each other as a romance sentences!

DARK ANGEL

ana ma enjamech netsawer chnoua sarli , dkralet lahyati w badeltha , madech narf elgalth men eshih !
dklat lahyet fi lemlayka , halit kalbi w wartini chnia el hob ,
tawa netmana noked emak lel abad , noked chada yedk lel abad ,nehb ntrama alik w noked bin ahdanek lel ababd
eni enkoun emak , enhbk , enfarhdk ...... el ker hayetk
This is Tunisian Dialect, i worked on the idea or the meaning of the sentence cos we can't do a pure translation

Sardonyxx

ana ma enjamech netsawer chnoua sarli , dkralet lahyati w badeltha , madech narf elgalth men eshih !
dklat lahyet fi lemlayka , halit kalbi w wartini chnia el hob ,
tawa netmana noked emak lel abad , noked chada yedk lel abad ,nehb ntrama alik w noked bin ahdanek lel ababd
eni enkoun emak , enhbk , enfarhdk ...... el ker hayetk
This is Tunisian Dialect, i worked on the idea or the meaning of the sentence cos we can't do a pure translation
Again cant thank you enough! the meaning is more important than a literal translation xxxxx

Scottochott

How do you say "pass me the sick bag!"

Sardonyxx

Good morning all, Im back again ;) How do you say `Im actually a very jealous person`? and how do I say, `I am very much in love with you` (as opposed to I love you)

Jane BM

Good morning all, Im back again ;) How do you say `Im actually a very jealous person`? and how do I say, `I am very much in love with you` (as opposed to I love you)
Oh Sardonny please tell us about this person who has your unmistakeable love!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeease...lol

Jane BM

Hi Jane, I met this love of my life 9 years ago in Paris, - I guess you can see by my posts how I feel about him. Saw him again early June, and Im head over heals again!!!
Is he Tunisian? Does he feel the same way? What happened in the interim 9 years? Is it 2nd time lucky or once bitten, twice shy?