Tier 2 General Visa

Amr

Hello everyone,

I am a Tunisian man, an IT consultant and I have been an overseas employee of a british company in Tunis, for a couple of years ..
Our company in the uk has offered me a job to relocate me there under Tier 2 ICT visa with my dependents .
I was there recently for a 3 weeks to look for a house to rent and prepare the ground.
The company will be covering me financially during the first months and then I will start paying for rent and bills etc ..
The Salary isn't bad and I'll live in the North where the company is located ..
The Problem is that the route for ILR under Tier2 ICT has been closed couple years ago , and after finding out we are considering Tier 2 General Visa now, the process for this is longer and could be more complicated.
The Employer will need to prove that he can't find anyone in the UK or the EU countries for this role .
Has anyone been through this process before ?or is it straight forward like in France , where an ex Employer needed to meet a similar constraint but that wasn't a problem for me before (and for many people I know )?

Last edited:

Amr

Any idea :)?

scotty_bambam

Sorry no idea .but congratulations and hope it all works out for you.maybe you need to consult an immigration lawyer.

Amr

Thank you Scotty_bambam :)
Actually my future Employer has already hired an immigration consultant to assist with the process .
A process that seems longer than what I expected, although we are thinking this is still better than Tier 2 ICT , which implies a cooling off period of 12 months every 5 years ..
I have booked an ielts exam session in the british council because my degree is french so I need to pass an english exam and score a B1 CEFR level .

sass

Thank you Scotty_bambam :)
Actually my future Employer has already hired an immigration consultant to assist with the process .
A process that seems longer than what I expected, although we are thinking this is still better than Tier 2 ICT , which implies a cooling off period of 12 months every 5 years ..
I have booked an ielts exam session in the british council because my degree is french so I need to pass an english exam and score a B1 CEFR level .
Judging by the standard of your excellent written English here, you will pass with flying colours, much better than many English people!

Scottochott

Hello everyone,

I am a Tunisian man, an IT consultant and I have been an overseas employee of a british company in Tunis, for a couple of years ..
Our company in the uk has offered me a job to relocate me there under Tier 2 ICT visa with my dependents .
I was there recently for a 3 of weeks to look for a house to rent and prepare the ground and
the company will be covering me financially during the first months and then I will start paying for rent and bills etc ..
The Salary isn't bad (above 40 K£ per year) and I'll live in the North where the company is located ..
The Problem is that the route for ILR under Tier2 ICT has been closed couple years ago , and after finding out we are considering Tier 2 General Visa now, the process for this is longer and could be more complicated.
The Employer will need to prove that he can't find anyone in the UK or the EU countries for this role .
Has anyone been through this process before ?or is it straight forward like in France , where an ex Employer needed to meet a similar constraint but that wasn't a problem for me before (and for many people I know )?
Can I ask what your IT speciality is? I would be surprised if there is no one in the uk who could do the job.

Amr

Judging by the standard of your excellent written English here, you will pass with flying colours, much better than many English people!
Thanks Sass,
Maybe This is not likely to be a problem :)

Amr

Can I ask what your IT speciality is? I would be surprised if there is no one in the uk who could do the job.
Hi Schottochott,

I am basically a Software Engineer, a Senior Microsoft Solutions Consultant, and obviously you are right, It's not hard to find these qualifications in the the UK/EU labor market and my employer knows that , but there are other qualifications for the role though , like the experience of working with and managing Off Shore teams, fluency in French , Arabic and Spanish (The Company relies on different teams across the globe , in Africa , The middle east , France, Spain, the UK , The US and Latin America)..

Scottochott

Hi Schottochott,

I am basically a Software Engineer, a Senior Microsoft Solutions Consultant, and obviously you are right, It's not hard to find these qualifications in the the UK/EU labor market and my employer knows that , but there are other qualifications for the role though , like the experience of working with and managing Off Shore teams, fluency in French , Arabic and Spanish (The Company relies on different teams across the globe , in Africa , The middle east , France, Spain, the UK , The US and Latin America)..
That explains it, we're not great at languages, lol! Congratulations and good luck, I can't offer any advice but I'm sure your company will find the best way forward.

Amr

Thank you Scottochott :)
We'll see how this goes ..