Tour Khalef hotel in Sousse

Smi

Hi all :)

I'm going to Tunisia in 2 days and I will be staying in Tour Khalef hotel, so I wanted to ask you for some info.
First of all, I've done my search here on the forums, but I only found this:
Well having been a rep in Tunisia I have lived in a few hotels and thought my reviews might be found helpful by some:
Tour Khalef:
This is my favourite hotel out of the two resorts. It isn't wheelchair friendly at all so take this into account. This hotel in the summer is great for children and has an excellent kids club but you can only join if booked through Thomson. The restaurant has recently been renovated and is very spacious and has great selection and variety. the hotel staff are very helpful and many guests know the staff as they have been coming to the hotel for years and the hotel has always tried to keep the same staff.
entertainment is lively in the summer specially with the kids club, they also have live singing, kareoke and other ents. they have a big sports screen and always play the big matches. if your match isnt showing you can just ask animation and they will set this up for you.
This is a useful info, but I was hoping to hear some more thoughts.
Personally, I don't care much about the hotel I'm staying in. It's only important to have clean rooms where I can sleep and warm water so that I can take a shower. All the rest is totally irrelevant. But as I am going there with my mother and my aunt (mother is not a problem either, but my aunt is a real pain in the a$$ when it comes to that), I need to ask questions lol
Any info is appreciated :)
And yea, does anyone know if the hotel has a wifi connection?

I also saw this, though it's not about the hotel, I wanted to ask anyway:

Just to let you know that Cafe Noisette on Route de la Plage (just before Dreams Beach Hotel and about a minute from the beach) has wifi connection now so you can bring along your laptop and connect there - no charge!
In case hotel doesn't have any wifi connection, this would be a great solution, as I would really need to use my laptop (no days off even on vacation lol) and upload some stuff. If anyone could tell me where is this cafe and how far is it from my hotel, some orientation, how to get there... I'm going to Sousse for the first time (I was in Hamamet last year) so I have no clue how it all looks like :D

Thank you all for reading :)

cheers

Smi

Kezza said:
I'm sure Eseem or Cathi can be more specific x x Sorry I can't be of much more help
That's ok, thank you anyway :)
i'm sure someone will come up with something by he time i leave :D

Cathibou

Hi Smi
The cafe you mentioned is within walking distance of your hotel just come down hotel drive turn right and keep right on walking until you come to the second large roundabout. then turn right towards the beach and the cafe is on your right just before the beach it is a tourist area and you should have no problems finding it. Alternatively to save sholuder strain lugging your laptop you could take a taxi outside your hotel, ask the driver to take you to Dreams beach Hotel and then walk a few steps back when he drops you off to the Cafe Noisette. There are however many internet cafes springing up all over you may will find one much closer to your hotel I should ask your rep on arrival.
C

Trulymadlydeeply

Stayed at this Hotel during the days, as EX hubby worked there when we got married, never saw the inside of a room as we had an apartment down the road. Remember the pool being cold, but it was over 100 degrees so was welcomed. Happy holidays....

Smi

Hi Smi
The cafe you mentioned is within walking distance of your hotel just come down hotel drive turn right and keep right on walking until you come to the second large roundabout. then turn right towards the beach and the cafe is on your right just before the beach it is a tourist area and you should have no problems finding it. Alternatively to save sholuder strain lugging your laptop you could take a taxi outside your hotel, ask the driver to take you to Dreams beach Hotel and then walk a few steps back when he drops you off to the Cafe Noisette. There are however many internet cafes springing up all over you may will find one much closer to your hotel I should ask your rep on arrival.
C
Wow, thanks a lot for this information, I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding it as you explained it so well :D

And walking is not a problem, I walk a lot all the time, and my laptop isn't that heavy at all, so it's not a problem either.
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful :D

M

MEMO43

Hi Smi I'm sure you will have a fab time. Just wanted to say that I love your Location....Because I often wonder about some of the mad people on here!... :D

Cheryl

Hi Smi I'm sure you will have a fab time. Just wanted to say that I love your Location....Because I often wonder about some of the mad people on here!... :D
Norty Memo :D xxx

Cathibou

Who are you talking about ??:

M

MEMO43

lol is there anybody going out to Tunisia this month?? ..... each and everyone of those loveable nutters!! (((((hugs)))))

jonr

Hi Everyone, I am flying out this Wednesday (8th) from Birmingham. I have an apartment in Chott but have been told its not finished. So have booked a week in Sindbad center. Hope to then move to my apartment for the second week. If not will need to extend for a week or find and alternative hotel.
My parents stayed at Tour Khalef in the 80's and loved it, but guess it could now have changed. I booked Sndbad as cheap but I also need to find somewhere with wifi so will be looking for the Noisette cafe mentioned as i doubt Sindbad will have wifi

Cathibou

Hi Everyone, I am flying out this Wednesday (8th) from Birmingham. I have an apartment in Chott but have been told its not finished. So have booked a week in Sindbad center. Hope to then move to my apartment for the second week. If not will need to extend for a week or find and alternative hotel.
My parents stayed at Tour Khalef in the 80's and loved it, but guess it could now have changed. I booked Sndbad as cheap but I also need to find somewhere with wifi so will be looking for the Noisette cafe mentioned as i doubt Sindbad will have wifi
The Cafe is about 2 mins from Sinbad

Smi

hahaha, well, it's true, isn't it? It's my current residence lol :p

Smi

Coyote said:
The Tour Khalef belongs to the Marhaba hotel chain and is located at the end of the northern hotel zone of Sousse (in the suburb of Khezama). Walking distance to the town center is around 2km, about 20 minutes by foot. There is only one louage line running, and only throughout the day, but taxis are available around the clock.

I did not hear positive or negative comments recently about the hotel itself, so I assume that it is a more or less "normal" tourist hotel.

Near the Tour Khalef is an original italian pizzeria ("Buonerba", where the road to Tour Khalef leaves the main road) which I can only recommend.
The open air beergarden "Bora-Bora" ist most probably closed by now, if you want to go in to a discotheque, walk down the road direction Sousse and you will find the "Living" (weekends) and the "Arena". Do NOT visit the 2 discotheques on the Marhaba property right near the hotels - let me put it this way: you most probably do not want to meet the people who go there).

Since most of the Marhaba hotels connect to each other along the seaside, you can, even when the Tour Khalef does not offer internet access, simply walk over to one of the others (namely the main Marhaba hotel next door). If they have internet there, though, be prepared to pay around 8-10 TD/hour (the public publinet outside in Khezama charge around 2), so , for longer sessions, you definitely would want to go into a publinet.
Thanks for this info :D

I don't think I'll be going to any of the discotheques, but even if I wanted to, I'm sure I'd never go to the ones so close to the hotel (as you said, I wouldn't want to meet people going there lol) I've made that mistake only once, never again.

As for the internet, it is important that it's a wifi connection, as I would use my laptop, because all my stuff is in it. I mean, I could use my flash, but it would be so much more complicated (what if they don't allow me to use it, or if their PCs do not have any USB ports (last year in Hamamet eg. PCs had only mouse and keyboard and nothing else, not even a CS)...

benali123

Hi there. My family have just stayed in Tour Khalef. It really is lovely. We were really jealous as we were at another hotel not half as nice as theirs. There is no payment for the sunbeds and parasols at the pool or beach - like there is in others. There is plenty to eat at meal times. All the hotel staff were friendly. Their room was lovely, a little bit small but not too small, and it was extremely clean. They absolutely loved it. And have now booked to return next year. Hope you have a fab time, Kais and Claire

Cathibou

Coyote said:
Isn't it the 3rd? :)

The first one is at the Galleria, the second one is at the clinique oliviers, then you pass AMEN bank, Oriental Palace and Sheherazade Hotels and the third one then is at ElMenchia street, distance is ca. 2km or 20 minutes on foot - alternatively along the beach until you reach the El Menchia hotel (btw - by walking along the beach, you also will then pass the "Africa Cafe" where you can often find european residents as well)

The direct access drive to Tour Khalef is not where the Bora Bora entrance is, but the road through the columns. :)
I don't class the clinic Olivers as a major roundabout really Coyote but it depends how you look at it i guess

Essem

Staff member
<<the third one then is at ElMenchia street>>

Hi there, this street is called Route de la Plage - it runs from the beach right up to Hammam Sousse police station.

Wifi is connected thru access point in my apartment - unless I swiitch it off, of course!! Oh the power.............

Essem

Staff member
The clock was such a landmark - I hope they will put in back - perhaps in the middle of the roundabout!!!

I think with the installation of the roundabouts, the driving is a little bit quieter, Before at the lights, everyone was sounding their horns but that seems to have gone now.

The fruit shop is the best around. There's a little shop called Zen that does a lovely range of pictures, glassware, ornaments and pot pourri in a vast selection of colours - worth a visit.

Trulymadlydeeply

OOOOh I love pot pourri, I bet they smell great there too. I went into a cafe in Turnpike Lane on Friday its Lebonese, there were 2 guys smoking shisha and Amr Dhiab was playing I thought (wished) I was in Tunisia..............

sparkle

the rooms are very clean at the tour khalef x x

arabchique

OOOOh I love pot pourri, I bet they smell great there too. I went into a cafe in Turnpike Lane on Friday its Lebonese, there were 2 guys smoking shisha and Amr Dhiab was playing I thought (wished) I was in Tunisia..............
I love pot pourri too ... such a gorgeous smell from some of 'em ...

Never leave it near a guest tho ... especially after a few drinks ... he ended up eating half a bowl of it before he asked what "these nice snacks were" ... needless to say his face was a picture when he was told ... :D :D :D