Trains, Taxis from PEK

ROYGBIV10

I wonder if any viewers will help me out ??

I am a (very ) active wheelchair user (can manage a few steps) I am going to PEK soon (Dec 07) want to know what to expect, transport wise ???

Any problems are seen as challenges !!!...Alan

kellyc

Hi

Hi Alan,

Hope that you are well, I looked at your link today on BBC Wales, your positive attitude puts a smile on my face. As Liz and Kris advised PEK is probably one of the better places for disability access, I lived there for a year and saw lots of people getting around with disiabilities. There are taxi's everywhere you look in PEK and so you will not be short of them which I would say is the most easiest transport option especially for me too and 90% of them are more than willing to help, though its not the same when my fiance had an operation a few months ago he had trouble walking and the taxi's were fantastic, so helpful. You will have a great holiday and I'm sure Liz or toonssia will give you some more advice.

Enjoy your stay in PEK x

Bigbrother

Alan

When I went to Spain 3 years ago, we hired a wheelchair through this company for a friend who is also active, but to be on the safe side we hired a wheelchair – the company is very good.

We’ve got some relatives in Tunisia with problems with their feet, however the taxis and louage are always helpful and mindful of disability and I can’t envisage any challenges for you. Best of luck and have a fab holiday. Love PEK.

www.mobilityhire.com
hire out for use. 0871 277 0888 need to check locations for hire

You might want to make contact on this link.
http://tunisia.embassyhomepage.com/

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1115136454478

toonssia

Hi All!
Hope you're All doing well
really would like to help but please first tell me what is "PEK" googled for it but more than 31millions results :-( sorry if the question sounds stupid....

Thanks

kellyc

Hi All!
Hope you're All doing well
really would like to help but please first tell me what is "PEK" googled for it but more than 31millions results :-( sorry if the question sounds stupid....

Thanks
Hi Toonssia,

Not a stupid question at all - PEK is the abbreviation for Port El Kantaoui in Sousse x

Lizj

Hi Toonsia,
I had to giggle at your question cos when I first saw references to PEK I too wondered where on earth it was, your going to kick yourself, its Port El Kantaoui.
Liz

toonssia

Hi All! Asselema
Yeah got it this afternoon around earls court with Bigbrother Port El Kantaoui am sure I am not the onlu tunisian that didnt know LOL
Thanks a million Liz

toonssia

Hi alan!
hope you'll enjoy your trip but am 99% sure you will, Tunisian transport aren't the best for disable person but people are very very helpful you wont get any problem going around but you might sometimes need help (that you'll find).
Wish you all the best have fun!

ninikins

Good point, I did wonder what it was like getting around there for the disabled.

tater03

That is great to hear that people are so helpful. I do have a question though are their laws that make it where hotels and the like have to be wheelchair accessible? Thanks.