Translations ~ Thread ~

M

mrhasto

I am off to Tunisia in about 4 weeks and want to learn a few words of arabic. Could anyone give me an idea of about a dozen words or phrases which would help me.:eek:

Hbrown1

Banned
RE: Arabic to get by

Hi,

What date are you going and where are you staying?

Iam going over but not until the 29th Oct.

I might be able to help you with a few handy words.

H.

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

I am really looking forward to seeing him again, it's a year we have been together.

As for the AI I can take it or leave it.

I have a lot of sorting out to do this time, making arrangements for next year as you know.

I know you are planning to go over try and come at the same time.

I'll be offline for a while 2 meetings to go to, but I will get back to you.

Take Care.......we will talk later.

H.

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi,

I thought you might like a look at a web site I have used it's very basic.

[link=http://www.geocities.com/norton_innocent/ArabicDictionaryTutorial/teach.htm]http://www.geocities.com/norton_innocent/ArabicDictionaryTutorial/teach.htm[/link]

I hope this helps, if not give me a shout and i'll see what else I can come up with.

H.

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

You must be getting really excited now, it must be a least two and a half years since you two met........I remember it well ha! ha!

I will be flying from Glasgow, it's saving me money staying with my sister night before I fly out.

She's in Edinburgh as you know.

I will be in touch with you before hand,tell **** i am asking for him next time you call.

Will be in touch.

Take care
H.

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

I would't miss it for the world, are you still going for the dress we saw the last time?

Any help you need is not a prolem you that.

I have already spoke to himself and he will get the time off no problems.

Did you know our plans are for Scotland! I'll send you a PM later.

I have to go to another meeting sorry, I will get back to you.

H.

kat

hi j,
Im a new member and read your post, my husband to be is also working at the s b Hotel, and my friend is seeing one of the animation guys, small world hey, I going over myself to. Sortin out papers for wedding at mo how are you getting on with them?

candikisses

hi kat
welcome 2 the site! congrats on wedding plans which lucky fella u marrying
im friends with a lot of the animation team at the sahara just come bak from stayin with khoula (paula) shes hopefully visitin in oct!!

:D

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

How's it all going, spoke to **** last night he can't wait to come over.

I have a message for you from Barry he said your on the first round of beers.

He is so looking forward to going over.

Can you do me a favour and send me a copy of the private letter you started writting.

I seem to have mislaid mine, send it via PM....cheers.

I will get in touch later.

Take care
H.

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

I will pass your message onto to Barry, he's like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I think he will be packed before I am.

That's great about the letter, I don't know where I put mine never mind.

Have you heard from **** today?

Catch you later
Take care.
H.

kat

To j,

Been working there for 1.5 years and now travelling back and forh, sorting wedding and geting buisness papers sorted,my mate is seeing chico my fella is animation but only been there a couple of weeks.
Trying to find some cheap accomodation but i dont no anyone in that area you got any leads on apartments?

candikisses

theres a section on the main page for property 2 rent a nice one in PEK comes up
think its like £179 for week

jkenne10

Hi Kate,

Havebeen doing abit of research and just waiting for feedback.

Soon as I get the information I will forward it on to you in PM.

We rent a property in Sousse and it only cost's me 350dnr's a month, that consist of 3 bedrooms/lounge/kitchen/bathroom and down stairs loo.

And its very very central.

j

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

How's it going?

Do you fancy coming up for the weekend?

My brother and his wife are here and they would like to see you again.

They are also looking for a holiday home in Tunisia, so I said you would be the best person to talk to.

Give me a bell if your coming.

Take care.
H.

jkenne10

Hi,H

Well thats good idea, also i will bring photo's of my last vist.

See you Saturday lunch time, i'll come on the train so we can go on the razzle.

Call u later.
Jx

jkenne10

Hi H,

Thanks for a great weekend, nice meeting the rest of your family, hope the info i brought was o.k.

It's raining cats and dog's here, a bit of a difference from this morning when i left you.

Well i be intouch with you later just going to catch up will my mail.

Bye for now.

J

Hbrown1

Banned

Hi J,

It was great having you, all the info you brought was a great help to the family.

We eventually got the rain to,I am phoning himself tonight, my brother wants to put out the feelers for a new adventure he is planning for over there.

It's all go just now and I have a lot to sort out before I go over.

I will try and get back to you later, I'm sure the bro has more to ask you.

Take care.
H.

S

sofiagreek

Hi, I am a greek freelance science journalist, that is I write articles on science topics in magazines.
I would like some help from Tunisian friends. Is there anybody interested in archaeology that might like to help???

Smi

Bourguiba language school

Hello :)

I was wondering if anyone has web-site or any other information of Bourguiba language school in Tunis? I tried to google it, but I get tons of results in French, and when I filter my search to 'english results only' I get, supposedly, official web page in English, but it's quite poor - The Bourguiba Institute of Modern Languages and there isn't any general information, but only information about the summer '07. I also tried various bourgiba/burgiba.net/com/org/whatever combinations, but none of them was successful.
I would also appreciate a lot if someone could share their personal experience.
I'm hoping to go there next summer, so it'd be nice to inform myself in due time.

Thank you all in advance
cheers, Smi

kellyc

Hi

Hi Smi,

I cant help with giving experience, but when I access this website I get quite a lot of useful information including all the prices (which is normally missed on most schools!!) also on the google search you can get peoples stories on their experiences, not sure if you are aware of the VT forum http://forum.virtualtourist.com/ - but they are often discussing the school on there so it could be worth taking a look. Good luck