Travel Insurance for a Visitor Visa

*Jess*

Hey all :)

I couldn't find a thread on this so thought I would start a new one!

Has anyone's husband on here who has been granted/applied for a visitor visa got travel insurance to come to the UK? Or does anyone know what sort of price you would be looking at for a Tunisian to get it? Sorry for all the questions! Just don't want hubby to get ripped off lol

*Jess*

The Columbus one doesn't list Tunisia on its country of residence list and AXA isn't having it because its wants an address from here for the policy holder. Never mind :)

marhaba

Do they have to have travel insurance?

MellieC

The Columbus one doesn't list Tunisia on its country of residence list and AXA isn't having it because its wants an address from here for the policy holder. Never mind :)
speak to AXA, or email them, they are pretty good at answering and will help if they can,

lainie

hi guys
the only one who would insure for vv was world first - nitemare and so expensive

MellieC

the web addie i posts was world first.

did you speak to axa Laine? i know thier schengen insurance was £80 cheaper than other insurances!

caveatemptor

T
the web addie i posts was world first.

did you speak to axa Laine? i know thier schengen insurance was £80 cheaper than other insurances!

Tell them to go to any insurance broker in Tunisia, they have a selection of options.

maynardlynne

i know u cant do it from the UK, even if your husband is living with you. he has to be a resident.....so for now, my husband flies without insurance.

*Jess*

Do they have to have travel insurance?
Not sure but I figured for a visitor visa what would happen if they became ill? they can't get it free through the NHS cos they would have to pay it back as I understand it. So getting, or at least putting in a quote for insurance in the visa application may help x

maynardlynne

they can still get NHS treatment....yeah it does say they might have to pay, but my M has never had to pay for anything:)

*Jess*

they can still get NHS treatment....yeah it does say they might have to pay, but my M has never had to pay for anything:)
Ah! You learn something new everyday :) Is he on a visit visa then (might seem like a silly question)? If you don't mind me asking :)

maynardlynne

no he has settlement, but it says the same thing about getting charged......:)
you can even register him with your own GP on a temp residence

*Jess*

Oh right. Thanks for letting me know! I just thought it might help the application a bit more if he showed he had/was willing to get insurance so that there was no chance of him claiming on the NHS :)

crazypink

I dont think your right on this Lynne. Im quite sure as a visitor to this country he will be charged to use the NHS. They are also changing settlement to having to have insurance until ILR (so i remember Mel saying about the changes.)

*Jess*

I dont think your right on this Lynne. Im quite sure as a visitor to this country he will be charged to use the NHS. They are also changing settlement to having to have insurance until ILR (so i remember Mel saying about the changes.)
So would you say it's best to go for a travel insurance quote (or whatever is similar over in Tunisia) to put in the visa application if they will be charged? Just to be on the safe side, I don't want hubby to be ill lol

crazypink

So would you say it's best to go for a travel insurance quote (or whatever is similar over in Tunisia) to put in the visa application if they will be charged? Just to be on the safe side, I don't want hubby to be ill lol
I would speak to the person who he is booking the flight with. Cave gave some good info about getting a quote over there. I would say hes likely to be charged if he was sick - as he is not a UK resident. Wasnt there something on the news recently about this???

*Jess*

I would speak to the person who he is booking the flight with. Cave gave some good info about getting a quote over there. I would say hes likely to be charged if he was sick - as he is not a UK resident. Wasnt there something on the news recently about this???
Yes I think there was...this is probably whats been at the back of my mind! I'll remind him to go and speak with an insurance broker to see what sort of price we are looking at! Well, whenever he comes back from coffee lol