Travel Insurance for a Visitor Visa

crazypink

Yes I think there was...this is probably whats been at the back of my mind! I'll remind him to go and speak with an insurance broker to see what sort of price we are looking at! Well, whenever he comes back from coffee lol
Sounds like a good plan Jess. :)

DebbieZebbes

Family planning and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases are free for visitors visa holders :eek:

*Jess*

Family planning and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases are free for visitors visa holders :eek:
It kind of makes sense I suppose but then why should some things be free and others not? :confused:

DebbieZebbes

Some other bits are free too, A&E and walk in centres are free, but inpatient/outpatient services aren't............. but when did anyone ever ask for proof of ID or if you're only visiting the country ??

*Jess*

Some other bits are free too, A&E and walk in centres are free, but inpatient/outpatient services aren't............. but when did anyone ever ask for proof of ID or if you're only visiting the country ??
I don't know where I read it (don't think it was on here) but it said after receiving treatment in A&E for example you would have to pay but like you said, they never do ask. But it would be my luck they would ask my hubby lol

lainie

anytthing "transmissable" is free

tried to register h at my docs and they will take him as a private patient only - now chargeable

MellieC

T

Tell them to go to any insurance broker in Tunisia, they have a selection of options.
which would be the obvious huh?

for THEM to do it from tunisia!

MellieC

they can still get NHS treatment....yeah it does say they might have to pay, but my M has never had to pay for anything:)
the rules have changed, people were not being charged but should have been and now they will be!
if they are not entitled to NHS treatment

caveatemptor

the rules have changed, people were not being charged but should have been and now they will be!
Quite right too.

*Jess*

which would be the obvious huh?

for THEM to do it from tunisia!
That's what I figured lol Just wondered if anyone has got insurance before and could recommend anywhere to get it from or give me an example price as I figure it will be expensive! :)

*Jess*

And so they should be! If it was ensured that people paid in the first place there wouldn't be the need for any changes

caveatemptor

We got an annual insurance for worldwide cover underwritten by a French insurance company, I can`t remember the exact cost but around 200 dinar per person. Just check the length of stay allowed per journey though.

*Jess*

We got an annual insurance for worldwide cover underwritten by a French insurance company, I can`t remember the exact cost but around 200 dinar per person. Just check the length of stay allowed per journey though.
Thanks!

maynardlynne

so how comes my husband got a NHS card for free prescriptions the same as me bc i get WTC????
WTC know he is not entitled to funds.
he does pay NI so why cant he get help?????
he is registered with GP and has never had to pay for services like blood test, chest xray etc.
this is confusing........:confused:

Nainai

so how comes my husband got a NHS card for free prescriptions the same as me bc i get WTC????
he is registered with GP and has never had to pay for services like blood test, chest xray etc.
Lynne I believe your hubby is on settlement visa and those on this visa can get nhs treatment etc. it's those on visitors that aren't entitled. X

Jane BM

Nainai is right Lynne...its different if they are here on a settlement visa. x

maynardlynne

thanks for correcting me girls....i was getting abit worried...lol

lainie

its now all chargeable but up to surgeries to enforce

Jane BM

its now all chargeable but up to surgeries to enforce
Spoke to our Doctors surgery this morning and they rang me back and said that as he is under settlement visa he is entitled to free NHS!! and wouldnt be charged.....

daffodil

Spoke to our Doctors surgery this morning and they rang me back and said that as he is under settlement visa he is entitled to free NHS!! and wouldnt be charged.....

Maybe it's a postcode lottery thing again?