TUI NORDIC

Jane BM

This is quite worrying.....

Attachments

ROULLA

Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well!

Jane I spoke to BA today to see if I can book ahead for next July as I am sick to the back teeth of travelling with Tunis Air as they are always late and as for this time well I won't even go into it but lets just say that they called our names out and it was not our fault but the customs fault who are so bloody slow,,,anyway spoke to BA and they said as from next month they will not be flying to Tunisia and he said that even though Tunisia is a popular destination he does not know as to why they will not be flying there again,,,what a shame to be honest with you as I was looking forward to travelling with BA as they are brilliant.

missmetal

Totally sad for the travellers and the countries economy. But if they get their stuff sorted, then maybe these airlines will reevaluation

janette

You reap what you sow springs to mind Jane! The Tunisians really do need to get their act together.

Jane BM

Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well!

Jane I spoke to BA today to see if I can book ahead for next July as I am sick to the back teeth of travelling with Tunis Air as they are always late and as for this time well I won't even go into it but lets just say that they called our names out and it was not our fault but the customs fault who are so bloody slow,,,anyway spoke to BA and they said as from next month they will not be flying to Tunisia and he said that even though Tunisia is a popular destination he does not know as to why they will not be flying there again,,,what a shame to be honest with you as I was looking forward to travelling with BA as they are brilliant.
There's a thread on here about BA Roulla...yes they're 'suspending' their flights.

This above though worries me a little more, because TUI offer a lot of the packages out there...

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I think that looks like just the "nordic countries" and looking at their website I see Sweden, Norway, Finland and I think Denmark.

Terrible still though as I know people from those countries are very good tourists and spend a lot of money.

Jane BM

I think that looks like just the "nordic countries" and looking at their website I see Sweden, Norway, Finland and I think Denmark.

Terrible still though as I know people from those countries are very good tourists and spend a lot of money.
I also wonder if this is just the start though.....

Aslemma

I think most of us on here are mainly concerned about the flight situation, particularly now BA has pulled out. If Thomsons have pulled their flights from the Nordic countries I think there is a good chance they will do the same from other places, including the UK. Will Thomas Cook follow suit? Will other airlines step into the breach?

Jenny

Now there are almost no flights to the north african countries holiday resorts from scandinavia. Acctually this last year i don't know anyone as has gone on holiday to tunisia, marocco or egypt. But i really hope this will change soon.

Jane BM

I think most of us on here are mainly concerned about the flight situation, particularly now BA has pulled out. If Thomsons have pulled their flights from the Nordic countries I think there is a good chance they will do the same from other places, including the UK. Will Thomas Cook follow suit? Will other airlines step into the breach?
I don't see it happening personally Aslemma....

I think if it was profitable then TUI Nordic wouldn't be pulling out next year, and whilst the country and the whole region is in such upheaval right now I can't feel particularly optimistic. I think a lot of the travel companies are going to start avoiding a lot of these countries if they can right now, lets remember both TUI and Thomas Cook offer packages in the main...and I'd imagine they'd rather invest their money in countries which aren't always on an FCO website as having to use caution.....even if Tunisia was stable (which it isn't), the surrounding countries aren't, and the potential cost for them to have to get people out is just not a risk worth taking for them.

This of course is going to have a knock on effect with hotels, restaurants, bars and the tourism industry in general over there.....so less work for people.

Sorry if I sound the voice of doom and gloom....lol

Scottochott

Although it's a shame for the Scandinavian market, I don't think the situation is the same for the Brits, and other Southern European countries, where I'm sure the package flights will continue.

I've long wondered how the BA route survived as there was often just a handful of clients, I am surprised though that there is not even a once a week service, perhaps it reflects the lack of business going on between the uk and Tunisia

huttan

Well to be honest...for the moment I dont know anyone that is even thinking of going to Tunisia. The comment is always why go to a country with crazy arabs when you can choose a safer more peaceful place to go and who knows what they are up to and what comes next down there...and thats how the talk been going on well at least since the revolution and hasnt changed because of the situation like egypt and syria...they dont trust to go to Tunisia in case it turns for the worse again.

Aslemma

I fear you're right Jane and whilst we are all concerned about how we will afford to get to Tunisia, with the few companies still flying being able to charge what they like, the main loss will be for the Tunisians themselves. Whatever may happen in the future, once trust in a destination is lost it will be extremely hard to win it back. I know there are reports of tourist numbers having risen considerably recently, so there may have been some hope of things gradually returning to something like normal, but if the TOs pull out people will simply give up even considering Tunisia and take their holidays elsewhere.

Last edited: