Tunis Air

scotty_bambam

Really? Was that the reason given that the plane was half empty? How much notice did they give you regarding the cancellation and was it a flight from London? My husband has just booked a Tunis air flight. I've flown with them previously and all has been fine..I'm worried now if they just cancel flights..
Hi shazza.don't think they do it too often.they gave a cpl weeks notice and offered flight next day ,but as I was only going for 2 days I couldn't do it.xx

sass

Really? Was that the reason given that the plane was half empty? How much notice did they give you regarding the cancellation and was it a flight from London? My husband has just booked a Tunis air flight. I've flown with them previously and all has been fine..I'm worried now if they just cancel flights..
If it's a Summer one, then highly unlikely to be cancelled, I flew in March, it wasn't quite full but no problems. Flights around Ramadan are always busy if he's going around this time.

Shazza100

If it's a Summer one, then highly unlikely to be cancelled, I flew in March, it wasn't quite full but no problems. Flights around Ramadan are always busy if he's going around this time.
Thanks :) he is going just before Eid in September so another busy time so fingers crossed all will be well. X

sass

Thanks :) he is going just before Eid in September so another busy time so fingers crossed all will be well. X
I'm sure it'll be fine then x

ROULLA

Hi Shazza, Hope that you are well! I wouldn't worry too much, Tunis Air are far too greedy to cancel their flights, I'd put money on it that they'd only cancel if something major happened and even then I couldn't see them canceling. ;)

Shazza100

Hi Shazza, Hope that you are well! I wouldn't worry too much, Tunis Air are far too greedy to cancel their flights, I'd put money on it that they'd only cancel if something major happened and even then I couldn't see them canceling. ;)
Ha ha...that made me smile and thank you for the reassurance. I'm well thank you. Hope you are too. X

ROULLA

Hi Everyone, hope that you are all well!
Tunis Air now have a 10% promotion going on, I know it's not much but I suppose it's better than nothing. :)

Scottochott

I've just travelled with them, flight was pretty much on time and very quiet, we could have a row of seats to ourself. I wondered if they would offer food and drink given that it's Ramadan, but they did, and nearly all the Tunisians travelling were eating and drinking which surprised me. I was thinking of not taking it out of respect for Muslims travelling, but I needn't have worried!

The prices and times worked out better than alternatives, the first time I found that in the 4 trips I've made this year.

Aslemma

Moslems are allowed to eat during Ramadan whilst they are travelling. It seems strange that includes a flight of under 3 hours but presumably it does.

Selmi

I've just travelled with them, flight was pretty much on time and very quiet, we could have a row of seats to ourself. I wondered if they would offer food and drink given that it's Ramadan, but they did, and nearly all the Tunisians travelling were eating and drinking which surprised me. I was thinking of not taking it out of respect for Muslims travelling, but I needn't have worried!

The prices and times worked out better than alternatives, the first time I found that in the 4 trips I've made this year.
Which airport did you travel from scottochott? And regarding price compared to Air France ? We've just booked flights again with them for next month, along with insurance as you did last month.

gem15

Moslems are allowed to eat during Ramadan whilst they are travelling. It seems strange that includes a flight of under 3 hours but presumably it does.
Even travelling say from Sousse to Tunis they don't have to fast.....it's just an excuse IMO

Aslemma

It does seem odd. It would be understandable during something like a two day trip to the Sahara but not on a short train or plane journey.

ROULLA

It does seem odd. It would be understandable during something like a two day trip to the Sahara but not on a short train or plane journey.
Good morning Aslemma, hope that todays a good day for you, fingers crossed. You're absolutely correct when you state that Tunisian's are allowed to fast if they are travelling. I think that some people feel a bit awkward whilst being served lunch. I myself felt awkward knowing that there's a plane full with not that many people eating. Besides some people are excluded because of illness, we can't tell if someone is ill just by looking at them, others don't want to fast. I suppose everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best. You're right though, it does seem odd.
Have a lovely day :)

Scottochott

Which airport did you travel from scottochott? And regarding price compared to Air France ? We've just booked flights again with them for next month, along with insurance as you did last month.
I went from Edinburgh to Gatwick with BA then Tunisair to Tunis. Coming back same but via Heathrow (Tunisair uses different London airports on different days). I had free luggage with both and this worked out about £150 cheaper. Previous Air France trips worked out cheaper, but not this time and also flying via Paris entailed night flights and long stop overs, seems their timetables have changed.

gem15

A fairly well known coffee shop was closed down yesterday by the police for being open during Ramadan. I thought it's a bit harsh for those who can't fast/don't want to fast and want to go else where for coffee instead of drinking in front of daily members at home who could be fasting. Apparently coffee shops need permission to be open during the Ramadan month

Scottochott

Driving around town today I didn't see anyone at any cafes, some obviously closed and others doors open but empty. In the pre revolution days it was much more common to see some open, and others with a curtain over the doors and windows, lol! Is it because there are fewer tourists so less demand or stricter religious/state control?

Is your place open Gem?

gem15

Driving around town today I didn't see anyone at any cafes, some obviously closed and others doors open but empty. In the pre revolution days it was much more common to see some open, and others with a curtain over the doors and windows, lol! Is it because there are fewer tourists so less demand or stricter religious/state control?

Is your place open Gem?
No, we've never been open. The places which tend to be open are the likes of Franco's, which is touristy. The new place Smug's is open and Barista was closed down by the police.

There used to be one open in down town sousse opposite the tourist information centre that had newspaper up at the windows but not sure about this one now.

Rosewater

Tunisair has made it's flight to canada,montreal yesterday , congratulaiton

Selmi

I went from Edinburgh to Gatwick with BA then Tunisair to Tunis. Coming back same but via Heathrow (Tunisair uses different London airports on different days). I had free luggage with both and this worked out about £150 cheaper. Previous Air France trips worked out cheaper, but not this time and also flying via Paris entailed night flights and long stop overs, seems their timetables have changed.
For us it's that BA flight Manchester to Heathrow, the price is extortionate at the moment,it's a case of just checking frequently as they do go up and down.

Scottochott

For us it's that BA flight Manchester to Heathrow, the price is extortionate at the moment,it's a case of just checking frequently as they do go up and down.
Have you looked at Lufthansa via Frankfurt, times no good for me but might work for you? Also look for a flight to Lyon, from there you can get to Monastir with Tunisair. Only problem with these options is travel insurance, that's where Air France wins.