Tunis Air

Marie1959

Yes Anne I agree they charge the earth then moan no one flying with them, If the reduced their prices maybe more would go. I looked the other night and we were looking at almost £400 return which is crazy when I first started going it was £59 return a few years ago I admit but still a fraction of what they want now.

marhaba

if it was 150- normal price i wud have gone 300+ is rediculous :mad: bearing in mind with Thomascook my step dad got a flight for 3 weeks time 116 pound return :D with taxes charges and bags.

But all airlines were sky high i thought.

annibee

thought i had started a new thread about problems with thomas cook but obviously not lol cant find anything so was asking if anyone booked to go with them in near future?

Steffi

thought i had started a new thread about problems with thomas cook but obviously not lol cant find anything so was asking if anyone booked to go with them in near future?
I fly from Manchester with TC on the 14th DEC.....Hopefully all will be ok.....

Essem

Staff member
Hi Steffi,

All reports are saying not to worry at the moment.

<<Thomas Cook's first excursion was when he arranged to take a group of 540 temperance campaigners from Leicester Campbell Street station to a rally in Loughborough, eleven miles away. On 5 July 1841, Thomas Cook arranged for the rail company to charge one shilling per person that included rail tickets and food for this train journey. Cook was paid a share of the fares actually charged to the passengers, as the railway tickets, being legal contracts between company and passenger, could not have been issued at his own price. This was the first privately chartered excursion train to be advertised to the general public; Cook himself acknowledging that there had been previous, unadvertised, private excursion trains.>>

annibee

thompsons stopped doing meals on flights now but can buy snacks, wonder if t.cook doing same. not that i mind take my own anyway :)

Jane BM

thompsons stopped doing meals on flights now but can buy snacks, wonder if t.cook doing same. not that i mind take my own anyway :)
Think you have to pay extra for in flight meals now!!!!!!!!!!

crazypink

Think you have to pay extra for in flight meals now!!!!!!!!!!
You have always had to pay extra for meals on TC and Thompsons. Only BA and Tunisair include meals in their price.

Jane BM

You have always had to pay extra for meals on TC and Thompsons. Only BA and Tunisair include meals in their price.
They include the drinks as well, which is even better!!!

crazypink

They include the drinks as well, which is even better!!!
Yeh was nice to get a hot drink with meals and not be charged the earth for it! The fruit juice was lovely too :)

Jane BM

Yeh was nice to get a hot drink with meals and not be charged the earth for it! The fruit juice was lovely too :)
unfortunately i usually have the harder stuff on the flight, for medicinal purposes only obviously!!

annibee

yeh i know but asked how much they were on my thompson flight and was told they stopped doing them now ust sell snacks instead :confused:

Jasmine

Thomson was offering hot snacks on board last week. No-one had a pre-booked meal :confused: Dont recall having the option of booking one either when i booked :D

Trulymadlydeeply

We have always been lucky, never paid for meals on charter flights but always got them :p Now the snacks you have to buy are ridiculous prices!!! Prefer BA any day....

Jane BM

We have always been lucky, never paid for meals on charter flights but always got them :p Now the snacks you have to buy are ridiculous prices!!! Prefer BA any day....
BA are amazing!! All crew fab and on last trip pilot came out to me half way during flight to make sure i was okay!!! I did tell him to get back in there and fly the damn thing.........

annibee

wish BA flew from manchester :(

marhaba

i wish BA flew from Birmingham ANNE! lol

I like ba seats are bigger. I have long legs and TC and Thomson are rediculous. They had spare seats on a TC flight alot of spare seats in may. And it was killing my legs the seat being so close together my knees where coming off. anyway i asked to move to where their was like 1 meter gap lol 6 spare seats there in that row. They said NO YOU CANT ECAUSE YOU HAVENT PAID FOR THE EXTRA LEG ROOM.I was like hold on you can see im in discomfort! Anyway this other woman asked to move who was near me and they let her! i caused a fuss over nothing telling them i would write to their manager if they didnt move me lol! worked a charm

Jane BM

i wish BA flew from Birmingham ANNE! lol

I like ba seats are bigger. I have long legs and TC and Thomson are rediculous. They had spare seats on a TC flight alot of spare seats in may. And it was killing my legs the seat being so close together my knees where coming off. anyway i asked to move to where their was like 1 meter gap lol 6 spare seats there in that row. They said NO YOU CANT ECAUSE YOU HAVENT PAID FOR THE EXTRA LEG ROOM.I was like hold on you can see im in discomfort! Anyway this other woman asked to move who was near me and they let her! i caused a fuss over nothing telling them i would write to their manager if they didnt move me lol! worked a charm
Would also like BA to go from Brum!!! Wouldnt have to trek down to London every time then to go to Tunis....

gabriel612

Well my first experience flying with Tunisair, got home last night. Going out there was a delay of about 30 mins due to crew members not being there??? but once on board everything was good, wasn't expecting a meal but it was included in the flight. Enjoyable comfortable flights and excellent landings, and to Monastir, staff were polite and efficient. I was impressed by everything and will certainly fly with them again. I found it better than T Cooks and Thomson who always seem to have a shortage of duty free and staff can get uppity at times. I also met a member from here on the flight home and had a good chat and a laugh making the journey home easy, you know who you are, nice to meeet you.