tunisia hammamet,

maria&hamza

hello i am booking to go tunisia hammamet for 10 days as i have heard so many things
was meant to go in november but didnt book,i am going to see my boyfriend witch we have been together for 8 months,i just want to know isit safe i think it is but so many people have told me alot off things about it that it unsafe ect.....so if anyone can give me a little bit more information would be great thanks

W3ndy

I went in December and I felt safe. The were a lot more police about than previously or it was I hadn't noticed them on my previous visits. I am going back in March. Is anywhere safe at the moment?

Scottochott

Look at recent thread "how is Tunisia now?"

maria&hamza

ok thanks that is so true theses days no were safe

salimlov

hello i am booking to go tunisia hammamet for 10 days as i have heard so many things
was meant to go in november but didnt book,i am going to see my boyfriend witch we have been together for 8 months,i just want to know isit safe i think it is but so many people have told me alot off things about it that it unsafe ect.....so if anyone can give me a little bit more information would be great thanks
hello im tunisian and been lots of times in hamammet with my uk partner its one of the best places in tunisia and its more safe than the other places here generally for the moment all tunisi is safe but the problem that you dont know when something gonna happen or where it gonna happen in this situation tunisia is like france or turkey or egypt all the same all safe and suddnley something happen anyway we shouldnt let something like terrorism win us and make us worried all the time and prevent us from seeing the people that we love good luck

scotty_bambam

I can highly recommend residence le corail in yasmine hammamet.cheap and spotless.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to sound out of line but you say your going to see your boyfriend of 8 months in Hammamet. Have you been to Tunisia before? or did you meet your boyfriend in your own country previously?

maria&hamza

yes i met him in France about 2 years ago and i have been to Tunisia long time ago when i was 15 so talking about 16 years ago and we have been together for 8 months

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
yes i met him in France about 2 years ago and i have been to Tunisia long time ago when i was 15 so talking about 16 years ago and we have been together for 8 months
Well that makes a difference if you know each other well and know his family etc.

Problem is at the moment with curfews and protests its not the best time to be planning a trip. It may be worth waiting a bit to see how this all transpires.

Moonsky

No where in the world can anyone guarantee that an individual is safe and if someone has it in their head to harm members of the public they will find a way. Like any place you just need to have your wits about you. But, I have a host of European friends that have lived in either Sousse, Nabuel or Hammamet from 1-10 years. Granted, its going through a bad patch and things are quieter but all my friends have been fine and tell me that they are freely (until the present curfew) visiting shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, clubs etc. and have been ok. There's a greater police presence and security is present on every door. Ultimately, the decision needs to rest with the individual.

Paula1975

My man lives in hammamet and I've visited on numerous occasions, the last being last month, all is fine if a little quiet! Spoke to him earlier and the curfew is quite relaxed there too, obvs more police about but no real issues and they're quietly moving you on your way .....not shouting with guns as reported in some places x

Trulymadlydeeply

What do you mean the curfew is relaxed?

gem15

What do you mean the curfew is relaxed?
Theres still people on the streets of Sousse and police not really worried if its not a big group etc. Its much more relaxed than during the revolution. Even when my husband was stopped by the police they were joking with him and just told him to be careful.

Paula1975

Well yesterday they were still in the cafe at 10pm, the police went in couple of times to check it was still the same people in there but stood chatting to them!! Tonight he said it was quieter but so far there's no problems in hammamet so maybe that's why x

Paula1975

Theres still people on the streets of Sousse and police not really worried if its not a big group etc. Its much more relaxed than during the revolution. Even when my husband was stopped by the police they were joking with him and just told him to be careful.
Yes exactly! I think they know the people that will be causing trouble and problems x

scotty_bambam

Yes my husband works evenings in a shop.I said you'll lose money because you must be home by 8. He said " no the police know me and its fine,we stay open". So there must also be customers to serve.

Paula1975

In which town is he scotty? I think it's mainly the city that's most affected. Although I did hear of a car being targeted as it left the airport....rocks thrown etc, so security is yet again being stepped up x

scotty_bambam

He's in le kef

maria&hamza

i speak with his family on Skype most weekends and they are so happy for us will be meeting them sometime this year :)

Paula1975

i speak with his family on Skype most weekends and they are so happy for us will be meeting them sometime this year :)
That's excellent, I hope it all works out for you both. I travel frequently to hammamet too visit my man and family. Such a beautiful place x