Tunisia music

Mak

Hi Again,

Tunisia is located in the middel of the Arabic world, so we were influence by the Arts coming from the middel East ( especially Lebanon and Egypt ) and the new kind of Art born in north Africa (especially in Algeria and Moroco : RAY) ... But still Tunisia has its own folklore music it's called : Mizoued ( the Scotch Big pipe ) the famous singers from this kind of music: Hedi Habouba, Salah Fourzit,Samir Lasmer, Faouzi Ben Gamra (he stoped singing)besides we have a kind of folklore called "Mathlouthi" it's closed to the Mizoued ... the most famous singer of Mathlouthi : Ismail Hatab ...

But also we find in Tunisia an unique kind of music called : "Malouf", it comes from the Arabic time in Andalous (spain now) and i think it's really something tunisian we can't find nowhere else ... since Spain is not Arabic anymore :)

There's a lot of good famous singers in Tunisia especially : Lotfi Bou Shneq, Hassin Ifrit, Amina Fakhit, Thikra Mohamed, Mohamed Jibali...i like a lot singers in Tunisia.

Makrem

Tounsia

RE: Tunisia music

uv got to love sabr robae! shame he sings in lebenese arabic and not tunisian way but o well! the mizoued is a must in tunisia as well!!!

Kaylee

Nancy i adore her music in fact i generally like all arabic music some of the french ones are good my fiance is in to hip hop and r n b music and some of the french and arabic is great!!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Even I know the words to ah we nos or the sound of them its like the brain washing from flash gordon it was on all the time when I first came to Tunisia.

The videos make me laugh especially Hifa Wahabi ones (spelt wrong) as its supposed to be sexy but becuase I have seen so much more on MTV its like sexy barbra windsor pouting and jiggling about but then again that is probably enough to give heart attacks in Yemen.

We have arabic tv here in the UK and the missus is always infront of it she loves old egyptian films with Aidel eiman and Halim Hafouz chap who is the Arabic Sinatra x2 Arabs love their stars more than the UK and I mean love Halim and Umm Kardumm are legends in Egypt, the latters funeral had around four million people and is down as one of the largest gatherings of people in the whole world ever! when I read about it I cried.

Kaylee

hafia

omg yeah hafia video is so funny in her red riding hood outfit..

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hafia gets a lot of stick for being a little sexy but you only have to look at the number of copy cats to see the she is popular she is also on a pepsi ad.

[gvideo]-697771677633381035[/gvideo]

NadiaB

Just have to recommend these 2 swedishborn tunisian rappers. They are called Medina. They rock. :D

ROULLA

music lover roulla

:DHi everyone hope that you are all well ! Music well i am mad and i mean mad about arabic music, singers like amri diab, nancy arjam, sabeur rabai, ramzi ,mohamed hamaki,oh i can go on and on and on.
Ramzi bought out a new album and its perfectly wicked.
Tell you a story years ago Cheb khaled was singing in Hammamet and i never had a ticket, but i was adament that i was going to go no matter what, took money with me but it was no good the tickets had been sold so i walked up to the box office and the guy behind the box said with a very fierce voice femesh ticket, so i just walked straight up to a policeman and told them that i'd lost my group within 5 mins he lead me by the hand right up to Cheb khaled it was a night never to be forgotten.
Sabeur rabai was also excellent that was in mammora.
The great thing is that a 5 cds only cost 10 tnd.
Love to hear from someone who loves cds so that they can keep me posted. thankyou:rolleyes:

toonssia

Hi there!
hey Kris just to let you know the spelling would more be hayfa because hafia has a completly other meaning (fire lol) but sounds like her!
My huby has exactly same taste as Hajer we live in Dublin and of course have ART full
hope to see you around some days!!!!!!!!!

ROULLA

Great arabic music

Hi there every one , last year i saw sabeur rabai in mammora and he was fantastic, the crowd all lit there mobiles up it was a night never to forget and as i am a tourist they let me go back stage to meet him it was great.
His actually got a new album out and the cds in Tunisia are so cheap 5 for 10 tnd

weld_bled

Thanks a lot Juicy.

chadli

chokran

Hi Again,

Tunisia is located in the middel of the Arabic world, so we were influence by the Arts coming from the middel East ( especially Lebanon and Egypt ) and the new kind of Art born in north Africa (especially in Algeria and Moroco : RAY) ... But still Tunisia has its own folklore music it's called : Mizoued ( the Scotch Big pipe ) the famous singers from this kind of music: Hedi Habouba, Salah Fourzit,Samir Lasmer, Faouzi Ben Gamra (he stoped singing)besides we have a kind of folklore called "Mathlouthi" it's closed to the Mizoued ... the most famous singer of Mathlouthi : Ismail Hatab ...

But also we find in Tunisia an unique kind of music called : "Malouf", it comes from the Arabic time in Andalous (spain now) and i think it's really something tunisian we can't find nowhere else ... since Spain is not Arabic anymore :)

There's a lot of good famous singers in Tunisia especially : Lotfi Bou Shneq, Hassin Ifrit, Amina Fakhit, Thikra Mohamed, Mohamed Jibali...i like a lot singers in Tunisia.

Makrem
chokran wa barakallah fik

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi All

Ive been racking my brain trying to remember an old tune. It would have been between 1997-2001ish time, I think :confused:

I am positive the male singer was Egyptian but he had a number one hit in the Tunisia charts for absolute ages. I even saw him in concert the last time I was in Tunis, ;)

If anyone remembers his name or the name of the song I would be greatful.

selz

mmmm soz hone dont think i can help u...im usually gud wiv this kinda thing..
Mayb google it...like dates & egyptian singer etc. :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Showing my age a bit i suppose!! You're mostly young ones on here :D:eek:

All I remember is when I used to watch it on a Sunday afternoon, the singer was standing on his own with a cream roll neck jumper on!!!!! If I can find the photos of the concert I will try and put his pic on here.

selz

Latifa??? Does that ring any bells!!!

Trulymadlydeeply

No dont ring any bells.......

selz

lol i did google it but theres a few on there, u shud go on n c if any ring a bell hone.

hollysahbi

aicha by khalad that was a number one hit for ages also my fav song if its the one i will send it to you
holly xx

aynbunni

Song Search

Hi TMD, don't know if this will help, but link to www.radiotunis.com/music.html gives a list of performers you can download, maybe a name will jog your memory.