Tunisian attractions

Scoobydoo

Hi girls....Frigua is near Hammamet i thought not Sousse?

Tunisianbelle

It's close to both, but is actually closer to Sousse and is located within the government of Sousse.

HschoolNJ

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and enjoying all the ressources you're sharing.

About Friguia, does anyone know how to get there from the highway? I'll be driving South from Tunis.

Thanks.

Tunisianbelle

Welcome to the forum HschoolNJ :)

Not sure the exact exit to take to get there from Tunis - perhaps someone else knows?

MellieC

Only tunisian attraction for me is the one I married! LoL
okay so i'm a hopeless sentimental romantic! LoL

ROULLA

Hi Nicola hope that you are in good health! There is also one in sousse....:)

ROULLA

Hi everyone,

About Friguia, does anyone know how to get there from the highway? I'll be driving South from Tunis.

Thanks.
Hiya and welcome to the forum, if you send Essem a message i am most certain that she will be able to direct you.....

Essem

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Hi HchoolNJ

Friguia park is very easy to get to although I usually go from Sousse heading north. So from Tunis to Sousse take the motorway (A1) take the Enfidha/Kairouan exit, (it’s abut 12kms from the exit to the park) and then head towards Tunis on the GP1 (old main road). It's only about 15/20 minutes from Hammamet.

Check out following link for review that I did after my first visit there.

http://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/friguiaanimalpark.htm

After you can enjoy a fabulous roadside BBQ in Enfidha - wonderfully fresh food.

Tunisianbelle

and then head towards Tunis on the GP1 (old main road). It's only about 15/20 minutes from Hammamet.
If she heads towards Tunis, wouldn't that be sending her in the opposite direction she wants to go? :confused: Shouldn't she head South towards Sousse since she is coming from Tunis?

HschoolNJ

Thanks everyone. I'll find my way around.
What's great in Tunisia is that people do take the time to give you directions.

ROULLA

CARTHAGE:
Antonine baths

These baths were once the very largest in the Roman empire. The main pool was as big as an Olympic pool. The curved public latrines were at first take for a theatre.
Very little of the upper structures remain, but the lower halls are so huge and extensive that it is hard not be amazed.
The baths were constructed from 145 to 165 CE, and is perhaps the best illustration as to how rich and wealthy Carthage was during the Roman era. They were the largest in North Africa, and third largest in the whole Roman world.
The entire structure was rich in functions: Frigidarium (cold bath), caldarium (hot room), tepidarium (hot bath), destrictarium (warmed cleaning room), laconium (sauna) and a palaestra (an open exercise yard).
Due to being so low compared to the sea, the heating and service areas were built above ground.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]

ROULLA

Bouncy castle in Hammamet

fun for the kids in Hammamet...

ROULLA

I took my mum to a Greek orthodox church in Tunis and she loved it, it was really beautiful and very clean, she was happy for the rest of her holiday..

bobby g

Roulla, the pictures of the greek orthodox church in Tunis are lovely. My friend and I might go to Tunis when we go over in...4WEEKS today...:D We fancy doing a little exploring of places we hav'nt yet been. I will put this church on our list of places to visit.:)

ROULLA

Hi Bobby g hope that you and your family are all in good health! To be quite honest i only went there because i knew that it would make my mum happy but to be honest i really liked it, it was so peaceful and i got this really weird but nice feeling, my husband was also quite shocked as he thought that it was really nice as well...Have a great time in Tunisia..x

ROULLA

RED LIZARD

This is a photo of a 1920's train that runs through the Atlas mountains in southern Tunisia, it was a gift to the president from France.

The action takes place in the south of the country. A group is to cross the Great Canyon of the Sahara Atlas Mountains. It is a travel second to none and it becomes available thanks to the legendary “Red Lizard” — passenger train of the 19th cent., the interior and atmosphere of which has been preserved up to nowadays.

The train consists of several types of wagons designed for different social layers. In the wagons for engineers there are red plush divans, leather arm-chairs, nice pictures in open-work frames and even French porcelain lavatory pans painted with forget-me-nots. And in the wagons for workers there are rudely built benches only and special hooks for instruments and tools.

The train starts from the town of Metlaoui which was founded on the base of the phosphate quarry but nowadays all the resources of this deposit has been exhausted. The train moves to the station of Selja — to the still working quarry. The average time in the way is 1,5 hours, the average speed is 40 km per hour.

bobby g

Hi Roulla, hope you and your family are also well, as me and mine are..:) I know what you mean about the church. I too find them very peaceful places just to sit and contemplate, when outside life goes on at a hectic pace.:)

ROULLA

CATHEDRAL OF ST VINCENT

The Cathedral of St Vincent de Paul is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Tunis. It is named in honour of Saint Vincent de Paul, a priest sold into slavery in Tunis, who after being freed took an interest in helping Christian slaves in the area. The church was built in 1882 in a mixture of styles, including Moorish, Gothic, and Byzantine.

The cathedral is situated in the Place de l'Independence in the Ville Nouvelle.

ROULLA

Park Nadhor

The Nadhor Park provides numerous things to do in one place. There are a number of amenities provided at the park like the chalet restaurant, a small zoo and children’s playground area. This beautiful park is located in Nadhor in Bizerte. It is also an exceptional area where one can avoid stress and have lively fresh food too. There is lively air and the children can have a nice time by playing and watching the animals.