Tunisian attractions

ROULLA

Hi Sparkle hope that you are in good health! I took my son to a animal rescue centre and the cats and dogs looked well looked after to me, my son bought 2 cats, cat food, and a house for them to sleep in and that all cost 150 tnd...The cats injections were 40 tnd each the food 20 tnd and the house 50....He even got a stamped book which tells the owner details of the cats....

ROULLA

Good morning everyone hope that you are all in good health! Since so many of our members here at T.com have been going to Tunisia i would have thought that they would have seen or got to visit a nice attraction whilst in Tunisia, suggestion of places for everyone to see would be really appreciated..What attraction did you all last see whilst in Tunisia ?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla

It's not an attraction but when I was there over New Year, a few of us spent New Year's Eve at the newish restaurant Le Guepard (I wrote about Le Guepard before in the restaurant section).

the year before at Bonaparte had been brilliant - I've done that a few times now and they really have the celebrations down to a T. Anyway this was LG's first New Year.

Food & menu were amazing. The crockery, cutlery and glassware I wanted to take home with me - absolutely ultra modern and pristine clean.

They had asked everyone to be there by 9pm so that dinner could finish around 11.30 with the entertainment starting around 11pm. Apart from two other tables, it was full of Tunisian families. Some people did arrive later and it seemed to throw the management a bit.

The only complaint I had - and it's very minor - was that they hurried us through the first 4 courses of the meal and then we had to wait over one hour for dessert. When it arrived it was not what was on the menu and it was still partly frozen (a kiwi cheesecake type of idea). so they must have had a disaster of sorts in the kitchen but these things happen.

The singer sang mostly Egyptian songs not the usual George Wassouf etc that's so popular and almost sing-a-long-with. When midnight arrived he was still singing and they flicked the light switches off then on again and that was it. Everyone was so happy and the Tunisian families were very welcoming and over wishing us Happy New Year.

One of my neighbour's sons, who was recently married, was there with his beautiful new wife. He came over to our table a couple of times to order gin and tonic as his wife is religious and he didn't want her to see him drinking alcohol!!

All in all it was a fabulous night and again it was the restaurant's first year and so much of it was right.

I never did manage to slip the fantastic karafe into my hand bag!!

Essem

Staff member
Has anyone been to the Son et Lumiere show just outside Kalaa Kebira?? It's not too far from me and I've heard fantastic reports about it being a really good night.

I think some of the tour operators have it as an excursion!

Oh my trips take me to Douz and the souk there on thursday is great, the streets are filled with all different types of stalls with the wonderful cafes where you can sit and watch all the trade going on it is a sight to see and then on to the peaceful quiet Sahara where the scenery is most spectacular. Spending the nights in the desert was one thing i will never forget, and seeing the hundreds of baby camels was truely amazing. I would recommend this to anyone its well worth it xxxx

ROULLA

Hi Roulla

It's not an attraction but when I was there over New Year, a few of us spent New Year's Eve at the newish restaurant Le Guepard (I wrote about Le Guepard before in the restaurant section).

the year before at Bonaparte had been brilliant - I've done that a few times now and they really have the celebrations down to a T. Anyway this was LG's first New Year.

Food & menu were amazing. The crockery, cutlery and glassware I wanted to take home with me - absolutely ultra modern and pristine clean.

They had asked everyone to be there by 9pm so that dinner could finish around 11.30 with the entertainment starting around 11pm. Apart from two other tables, it was full of Tunisian families. Some people did arrive later and it seemed to throw the management a bit.

The only complaint I had - and it's very minor - was that they hurried us through the first 4 courses of the meal and then we had to wait over one hour for dessert. When it arrived it was not what was on the menu and it was still partly frozen (a kiwi cheesecake type of idea). so they must have had a disaster of sorts in the kitchen but these things happen.

The singer sang mostly Egyptian songs not the usual George Wassouf etc that's so popular and almost sing-a-long-with. When midnight arrived he was still singing and they flicked the light switches off then on again and that was it. Everyone was so happy and the Tunisian families were very welcoming and over wishing us Happy New Year.

One of my neighbour's sons, who was recently married, was there with his beautiful new wife. He came over to our table a couple of times to order gin and tonic as his wife is religious and he didn't want her to see him drinking alcohol!!

All in all it was a fabulous night and again it was the restaurant's first year and so much of it was right.

I never did manage to slip the fantastic karafe into my hand bag!!
This place sounds really nice:)Thank you for letting us all know, we may take you up on the offer hint hint nudge nudge wink wink next time:D

ROULLA

Anyone been to an attraction lately whilst in Tunisia ? If so can you give us all some information please because that would be great..

Has anyone been to the Son et Lumiere show just outside Kalaa Kebira?? It's not too far from me and I've heard fantastic reports about it being a really good night.

I think some of the tour operators have it as an excursion!
I went to a Son et Lumiere show - don't know if it was that one. It was truly amazing. There was a cultural exhibition, including dancing, a small farm, and crafts like weaving and spinning, then a short 'show' telling a Berber story in mime and dance, then a lovely Tunisian meal, with entertainment while you ate, a display of fire-dancing, and finally the most incredible Son Et Lumiere I have ever seen. Knocked the one at the pyramids in Egypt sideways. A truly worthwhile evening - worth every penny.

I saw it on a trip from Sousse, if that helps work out where it was. It was one of the tours offered by the travel company. I can look out photos if you want.

I would most certainly recommend this event. But I'd suggest going in summer as the Son et Lumiere is out of doors, and might it be quite cold sitting still in the open on a winter evening.

Essem

Staff member
Thank you so much RevdKathy - it sounds like the same one. Glad you enjoyed it. Will definitely try to see it during the summer months. Thanks again!

ROULLA

I placed so many photos on here for all of you to see but the links have all been broken so i had to edit all my posts on here and take the links out , sorry about that..

ROULLA

Hi Everyone , Hope that you are all well! Quite a few new members ask where to go and what to do so I took this old thread out of the closet for everyone to see and also add some glorious places,,prices and so forth.

Aslemma

I've just had a look on Trip Advisor to see if Medinat Alzahra Parc is still up and running as I went there several years ago. Apparently it is still open, with a sound and light show, meal etc. but has changed a bit. Someone on TA says you can go by taxi from Sousse but then, when I went with an English friend and her Tunisian fiance (now husband) it was a bit problematic to get to, involving two taxis and a friendly louage driver who also picked us up and took me direct back to my hotel. I don't know whether things have changed now but the first taxi driver had no idea where it was and the next one dropped us off half way! It appears to be included in some companies' list of trips but my friends booked it direct with the park.

Jillimom

This is a very off-the-beaten path place that is in the middle of nowhere but absolutely worth the trip. It is called Port Prince and on the way to Korbous. I can't tell you how to get there because there are literally no signs but DH knew the way and it is on some maps. The castle is the former getaway house of Bourgiba's wife in the 70's . It is abandoned now but you can climb up to appreciate the breath-taking view.

ROULLA

Hi Everyone, hope that you are all in good health!
If you have children and want to go somewhere where your children will be entertained then I recommend Max Land near Mrazga near the aquapark, just opposite The President hotel. It's free entry and there are a few exquisite restaurant's along that road. The restaurant are slightly pricey but well worth the money. :)