tunisian driving licence in the uk

salimlov

i have a tunisian driving licence can i drive in the uk ??? did anyone here been in the same situation

Trulymadlydeeply

You can drive for 12 months then you need to change to a UK license

salimlov

well my partner phone her car insuarance they said i cant drive only after 157 since i came here and i need a provisional licence and she need tobe next to me when i drive all the time really that look ridiculous the problem is now i dont trust what they say the person who answered the phone could be wrong because when we phoned the embassy in london the men says i need to go back to tunisia to apply for my FLR my partner went white and terrified and i was laughing telling himthat he is wrong in this way thats not very different from tunisia where ever you go they give you a wrong information lol

sass

Have you looked on the DVLA website? They might have the correct info on there. Your insurance might be higher for the 12 months your Tunisian licence is valid for, especially if you are under 25.

Shazza100

well my partner phone her car insuarance they said i cant drive only after 157 since i came here and i need a provisional licence and she need tobe next to me when i drive all the time really that look ridiculous the problem is now i dont trust what they say the person who answered the phone could be wrong because when we phoned the embassy in london the men says i need to go back to tunisia to apply for my FLR my partner went white and terrified and i was laughing telling himthat he is wrong in this way thats not very different from tunisia where ever you go they give you a wrong information lol
Actually..Im not sure what they are saying is wrong but they seem to be saying they will only insure you when you have a uk licence which was the same for my husband. You can only apply for a provisional uk driving licence once you have been in the uk for a certain number of days although other people haven't found this a problem. You can drive on your Tunisian driving licence but you will find most insurance companies will only insure you if you have a uk licence. Your partners insurance company don't seem to want to insurance you on your Tunisian licence that's all. To get a uk licence you will need to apply for a provisional and then take a theory and practical test.

salimlov

thx for the informations yes they said after 157 days but they said en EU licence will be alright so im planing to travel to francxe or belguim and change my tunisian licence there to an EU licence then comeback to uk i think its a good idea the question is can i go with my passport now to an EU country im here since 16 days only
?

Jane BM

No you can't just go off somewhere else in Europe on your Tunisian passport, your visa is for the uk...you want to go somewhere else then you'll need to apply for the relevant visa.

The most straightforward thing to do is to take your theory test again here and your practical test, if you've already passed a test in Tunisia then it won't take you long anyway. This is what my husband did as to insure him on a Tunisian driving license was extortionate.

salimlov

yes im thinking of that too just pass my theory i tryed last night for the first time goot 66 percent lol i think thats good as a start