Tunisian Fruits

ROULLA

Are all the clemetines and oranges out yet in Tunisia because I am more than sure that it is about now that the stalls are full of them.

Essem

Staff member
Pomegranate tree100_2790.JPG100_2791.JPG

Essem

Staff member
Quince (Coing) Tree

100_2792.JPG100_2793.JPG

Jane BM

They do lots of lovely juices now with pomegranates in. I can remember as kids we'd buy them and then cut them in half and use a NEEDLE to eat them (guess my mom wanted to keep me occupied!!). I used to love them till one day I sliced one in half to find a worm wriggling about inside..put me off for life!! Will only drink in ready made juice form now.

Trulymadlydeeply

Vodka and cranberry not quince ;) lol

cinders

kangaroo

They do lots of lovely juices now with pomegranates in. I can remember as kids we'd buy them and then cut them in half and use a NEEDLE to eat them (guess my mom wanted to keep me occupied!!). I used to love them till one day I sliced one in half to find a worm wriggling about inside..put me off for life!! Will only drink in ready made juice form now.
haha - we just bought one and he thought I must have had crazy upbringing cos we took the fruit with a pin!

Jane BM

haha - we just bought one and he thought I must have had crazy upbringing cos we took the fruit with a pin!
Ah glad it's not just me, cos when I told Aymen he looked at me like I was a freak!!

kangaroo

I have now been educated as to how to bash the half fruit and get the stuff out! And I also remember seeing worms on some former holiday! Or was that dates? It's all a blur. The bowl of sweetened pomegranete 'bits' now laid to rest in microwave (my storage area!)
Spanish football tonight so will be banished from laptop v soon

Essem

Staff member
Fresh pineapples, mangoes, kiwis, avocados and blueberries - sorry ate the blueberries so not in picture :)

100_5735.JPG
100_5737.JPG

S

suzanne

Nice to see Essem u have bought avocado! I think 90% prob one from my land! Hope u enjoyed

Essem

Staff member
Hi Suzanne

Yes they were absolutely delicious, tasted great - really enjoyed them thanks and will definitely be buying them again.

I thought they were imported. Are they hard to grow?

S

suzanne

Grown in grombalia! We export and sell hère too. And were very very busy! Also grapes Thomson oranges grapefruit and also anything u Like from libya! Lol

Essem

Staff member
I've been buying grapefruit recently too and they are huge, very juicy and really tasty.

Good to know that business is good for you. The fruit and veg here taste so much better that back in the UK.

S

suzanne

Saha! Saha. Bishfeh ou inshallah deema itkoon ma ana! Bish tehkull il ghaala hilloo min Tunis!

Trulymadlydeeply

Why is it that the fruit you get mainly in hotels is almost ready to be binned!!! Never looks fresh? Now your fruit dish essem looks very tasty indeed.

Essem

Staff member
lemons.jpg

Essem

Staff member
pomegranate.jpg