Tunisian Kitchen

Jane BM

Hi Jane,

They are very thin wraps - eaten at breakfast hot with butter and honey or I've seen them in menus in restaurants with different fillings.
Lovely.....would be lovely warm with ice cream and maple syrup!!!!

missmetal

I bought a pan to make this bread...I thought it was called a tagine pan, but I guess i got that wrong. Do you know what its called Essem? Its a silver looking round pan that you put over the stove to make this bread.

Essem

Staff member
Hi MM

I don't know what it's called but I'll try to find out for you.

I'd have thought this type of mlawi/crepe would be done on a sort of griddle (you can see I only eat the food, not prepare it.

Glad to see you've arrived back safely. xx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Miss Metal

Names of the pans to make mlawi are tajin or the traditional one called ghaney (sp?)

Hope this helps.

missmetal

Hi Miss Metal

Names of the pans to make mlawi are tajin or the traditional one called ghaney (sp?)

Hope this helps.
Ahh ok, so I had it right I just spelt it wrong tajin vs tagine. Thanks Essem, very helpful...now for some cooking and turning off the fire alarm :)

Ryann Horn

Does anyone have a recipe for mlawi in a Tajine? I just got one last week!

Ryann Horn

I'm also looking for a mloukhia recipe and wondering if its even possible to make in the states? Can we get the herb you make it with or should I bring some home when I go in May?

maynardlynne

I bought a pan to make this bread...I thought it was called a tagine pan, but I guess i got that wrong. Do you know what its called Essem? Its a silver looking round pan that you put over the stove to make this bread.
my mother-in-law uses the back of a frying pan:eek:

ROULLA

Essem

Staff member
kitchen.jpg

the cat has her eyes on one of those dishes :eek:

Essem

Staff member
Lunch at Kelibia100_6084.JPG100_6085.JPG 100_6086.JPG100_6083.JPG

Jane BM

That looks amazing....however almost looks biblical as well...(the feeding of the 5000!).

Jillimom

Oh that brik looks so good! Was this at a restaurant Essem?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Jillimom,

The brik, and all of it, was delicious and this was in a friend's house in Kelibia.

lynn

I love brik fancy some of that now with my cuppa lol roll on MIL cooking :)

Scottochott

That looks amazing....however almost looks biblical as well...(the feeding of the 5000!).
This is what he knocked up in an hour, he said he would have done much more if he'd had more notice, can you imagine? Needless to say diet not going too well!

Jane BM

This is what he knocked up in an hour, he said he would have done much more if he'd had more notice, can you imagine? Needless to say diet not going too well!
Oh I don't know, lots of fresh fish and salad...can't get much better than that!!! (It's the bread and the vino that'll do it...lol)

S

suzanne

Take it that your hungry salim! Used to tell my husband hu hu hu hungry! And when i used to say to tunisians im so hungry! They used to say who upset u? Whats wrong? Lol