Tunisian Kitchen

salim

Take it that your hungry salim! Used to tell my husband hu hu hu hungry! And when i used to say to tunisians im so hungry! They used to say who upset u? Whats wrong? Lol
No Suzane i feel angry because i can' eat it :confused:i miss Tunisian dishes

S

suzanne

Ok salim I was wrong then! Just when I saw ymmmmmmmmmmmm thought u were hungry! Suppose I would be Angry too if I couldn't eat Tunisian food everyday like I do now. And dinner tonight is Tabeekha yum

Jane BM

Ok salim I was wrong then! Just when I saw ymmmmmmmmmmmm thought u were hungry! Suppose I would be Angry too if I couldn't eat Tunisian food everyday like I do now. And dinner tonight is Tabeekha yum
Now you're rubbing it in Suzanne...lol...mines an M&S microwave meal!!

Shouldn't complain though cos when hubby isn't working he IS a dab hand in the kitchen, so I do get my Tunisian dishes sometimes...

lynn

all this talk of food I am starving

S

suzanne

And afters!! Dhroh pancakes yummmmmmmmmm

lynn

and here's me sat here with Tea and crumpets lol

salim

and here's me sat here with Tea and crumpets lol
Lynn , what about our Chef Imed:D , hope he become sometimes a Tunisian chef like Aymen !

lynn

Lynn , what about our Chef Imed:D , hope he become sometimes a Tunisian chef like Aymen !
yes but now he working he dont have time lol

ROULLA

yes but now he working he dont have time lol
Good morning Lynn hope that you and your family are all well! Maybe you should try and cook a brik whilst your husband is at work, its really easy I promise you.
These are the things that you will need not forgetting that each region use different things , you could even add what you like just like I do.

1. Round sheets that are available in most halal butchers or you could make your own http://titlisbusykitchen.com/archives/brick-pastry-warka
2. Tuna
3. Egg
4. Spring onion
5. Capers
6. Potatoes if you like but make sure that they are boiled and also add cheese if you like , my lot like some cheese in theirs and my son even likes his with president cheese.
All's you have to do is spreed the sheet, add all the ingredients with salt and pepper that's up to you and then once you have done all that crack the egg on top of your ingredients ,fold the sheet into a triangle shape and place it in hot oil and deep fry and that's it.
The shape depends on how you like them, I like to make them slightly different and make them like a small oblong shape as they keep intact whoever if you like the crust then the best shape is triangle.
Once they are the colour that you like preferably golden then take them out and place on a plate sprinkle some lemon and eat;)

lynn

Good morning Lynn hope that you and your family are all well! Maybe you should try and cook a brik whilst your husband is at work, its really easy I promise you.
These are the things that you will need not forgetting that each region use different things , you could even add what you like just like I do.

1. Round sheets that are available in most halal butchers or you could make your own http://titlisbusykitchen.com/archives/brick-pastry-warka
2. Tuna
3. Egg
4. Spring onion
5. Capers
6. Potatoes if you like but make sure that they are boiled and also add cheese if you like , my lot like some cheese in theirs and my son even likes his with president cheese.
All's you have to do is spreed the sheet, add all the ingredients with salt and pepper that's up to you and then once you have done all that crack the egg on top of your ingredients ,fold the sheet into a triangle shape and place it in hot oil and deep fry and that's it.
The shape depends on how you like them, I like to make them slightly different and make them like a small oblong shape as they keep intact whoever if you like the crust then the best shape is triangle.
Once they are the colour that you like preferably golden then take them out and place on a plate sprinkle some lemon and eat;)
Hi Roulla we are all fine here, hope you and your family are all well. Funny enough I took out the pastry last night to do Brik today so we will see what happens lol I never do it before but it looks easy enough, thanks for the ingredients x

Jane BM

Hi Roulla we are all fine here, hope you and your family are all well. Funny enough I took out the pastry last night to do Brik today so we will see what happens lol I never do it before but it looks easy enough, thanks for the ingredients x
I want to hear how they turn out!!!! When I use them I don't do Brik, I fill them with minced lamb and Tunisian spices, so they're more like a Samosa....Aymens the expert in our house doing Brik....phew....

lynn

I want to hear how they turn out!!!! When I use them I don't do Brik, I fill them with minced lamb and Tunisian spices, so they're more like a Samosa....Aymens the expert in our house doing Brik....phew....
well was all prepared to do it and Imed said wait....he want to do it, sure he thinks I will kill him lol

lynn

well I made the Brik and it is really delicious so he best like it :)

salim

well I made the Brik and it is really delicious so he best like it :)
Great Lynn , tell me about Imed , what was his view , hope he never told you that's good but my mother made it better hahaha !

lynn

Great Lynn , tell me about Imed , what was his view , hope he never told you that's good but my mother made it better hahaha !
no he said was nice ...well thats what he will be having for a few days because I made too much lol

Essem

Staff member
100_6182.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_6180.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_6183.JPG100_6181.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_6185.JPG100_6184.JPG