Essem

Staff member
2013-11-19 14.05.19.jpg
2013-11-19 14.04.30.jpg

Essem

Staff member
2013-11-19 14.05.29.jpg

Jane BM

All looks absolutely delicious. You sure you weren't at my InLaws.....lol..

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla,

The blue and silver is part of a dinner service bought in Tunisia. The fish shaped plates bought in Scotland. xx

Essem

Staff member
Mloukhia

2014-04-28 18.51.41.jpg
2014-04-28 19.01.16.jpg

Essem

Staff member
I believe it does take quite a while but I didn't cook it and am not particularly fond of it either but it was 'gift' from neighbour. Xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Nothing would make me even tasted that I'm afraid. For any mums out there, meconium springs to mind :depressed:

rabah

Nothing would make me even
tasted that I'm afraid. For any mums out there, meconium springs to mind :depressed:
You don't what you're missing TMD!
When done right and with lean cuts ofbeef, it is finger linking good!
It takes 4 to 5 hours to make but definitely worth the effort and the time.

deb123

I believe it does take quite a while but I didn't cook it and am not particularly fond of it either but it was 'gift' from neighbour. Xx
Hi Essem out of interest what would your return gift of food be ( just curious ) lol

gem15

I'm with TMD on this one. You eat with your eyes and to me it looks like something i dont want to mention but it comes from a farm full of cows!

rabah

I'm with TMD on this one. You eat with your eyes and to me it looks like something i dont want to mention but it comes from a farm full of cows!
but it tastes delicious!

Essem

Staff member
Hi Essem out of interest what would your return gift of food be ( just curious ) lol
Well it's custom not to give back the plate/dish empty so anything from fruit, cakes or some food I've made but, on the odd occasion I bake here, I'd give them a pavlova.

rabah

What ingredients is it made from?
Mloukhia is a plant much like spinach. Once dry, it is ground extremely fine. It is green and once mixed with olive oil, it turns dark green.
That is the main ingredient. Tomato paste, harissa, garlic, beef and water make up the rest of the ingredients.
Note:.
If you ate Mloukhia anywhere in the Middle East, it is not the same as Tunisian Mloukhia.