Tunisian Law, B1, B2 and B3

ROULLA

Good morning Everyone, hope that you are all well!
It has never ever been discussed on here as far as I am aware, quote me if I am wrong?

I thought that it would be really good for Everyone on here to know that in Tunisia they do not only have B3 but they also have B2

I will give you an example of what they mean, unless you already know.
Someone I know has been in prison before, his son is now at an age where he would like to joing the police but because his dad has already been convicted he is unable to join, which I think is really sad, after all he is not the bad guy.
They not only check your parents B3 but the Government in Tunisia also check the B2 which is a more deeper check than the B3.
Rabah, my dear friend, where are you to explain this for me ?

Also apparently if you was convicted for 15 days then this would not show up on your B3 but if you was convicted for over 15 days then it would show on your B3, correct me if I am wrong Rabah.
Its a little but like here, if you was convicted of anything, then this would show up on your CRB for life, that has now been changed as from last May and if you was or are convicted for anything it now stays on file for up to 11 years then gets scrapped off giving people a chance to get a job depending on what you have done.

The reason that I bought this up is because I had a debate with someone the other day and said that if someone ( A Tunisian ) was accused and convicted of anything, then deported back to Tunisia then they should not be allowed to get a job easy, I was told that the person will have DEPORTED in their passport but other than that this would not go on their B3.
I think that this is a very interesting discussion about the law here, there or wherever.

ROULLA

Very Informative piece of information posted by RABAH, I just copied and pasted it from the CHIT CHAT ABOUT ANYTHING THREAD as I think that some members may be interested.

rabahWell-Known Member

Hello Roulla and greetings
There are 3 levels of bulletin;B1, B2 and B3 and recording of punishments begins from age 13 on I believe.
B1 is for judges only. None else is allowed to look at these. The judge alone decides whether a juvenile cleaned his act enough and perhaps deserves a break and therefore merits a clean record etc...
B2 may not be requested by an individual but by a company. Microsoft for example, before hiring a Tunisian may want to see his/her criminal records. They would make a request to the Tunisian govt.
B3 is what an individual requests to prove they are clean etc...I believe that for B3, the recorded punishments are 6 months or greater of imprisonment and fines of a 1000 dinars or more. However, a judge, at his or her discretion could insist on recording smaller punishments on somebody's B3 for various reasons.

ROULLA

Hi Rabah, hope that you and your family are all well!
Thank you so much for the information, criminal law has always intrigued me and I am curious as it is..
You heard it here first ladies;) and gents

ROULLA

Hi Rabah, hope that you and your family are all well!
Thank you so much for the information, criminal law has always intrigued me and I am curious as it is..
You heard it here first ladies;) and gents
Rabah, I never knew that there was a B1 as well!
You know what they say, you learn something new everyday. Thank you

rabah

Rabah, I never knew that there was a B1 as well!
You know what they say, you learn something new everyday. Thank you
I
I agree, we're forever students and thank God for that. Life would be boring if all it offered us was a finite set of things to know...

Aslemma

Thanks for starting this thread Roulla and thanks to Rabah for providing the information.

ROULLA

Thanks for starting this thread Roulla and thanks to Rabah for providing the information.
Where is your bit from the other thread ?:) copy and paste it here;)

Melf

Hello,

Can anyone tell me which record check the TLS use for Visa applications?

I know many people submit the B3 but I want to know which form do the actual TLS use to check rather than what can be supplied by the applicant x

Jane BM

I'm not quite sure what you're asking?

ROULLA

For those members that are new to the forum and may not be aware :)

Last edited: