Tunisian Romances

MellieC

It had got to reach tune town Essem, for 2 reasons,

1 the promiscuity,

2 AIDS is rife in the African continent!

i doubt that algeria or morocco fairs much better?

C

Cas

I think the numbers could be static at that because far less needle users, so far the promiscuity may be limited to a certain group of population and will take a length of time until it gets to involve population heterosexually if at all. Also the high stats of rest of African continent not involving Maghrebi countries because of relatively small amount of cross border relationships and different cultures.
The stats also show that figures for North America more than twice as high than UK but this trend may also continue for same reasons. On these sites we only hear about behavoural trends for a small group of the population that are not common throughout.

K81

' If he's young enough to be your son, he shouldn't be in your bed'

Khadija married the prophet Mohammed who was 15 years her junior and they had a long marriage - not the norm but it happens.
Yes but these men aren't the Prophet Muhammed are they? They do not have his qualities do they? Comparing such relationships to Muhammed's and Khadija's is wrong!

olliebaby

Hi K81, when I said this to my husband about Mohammed and Khadija, he said EXACTLY the same as you have said. Word for word almost :)

crazypink

People always say this - as if it justifies everything!! It has nothing to do with it!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

K81

People always say this - as if it justifies everything!! It has nothing to do with it!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Yep if thats the case then these women and men should give up drinking alcohol, premarital *** and everything else haram and live a halal life.

Also I do not love Tunisian men only my Tunisian husband lol ;-)

Hi all,
im also a newbie falling for a Tunisian, met a guy in Sousse in may, we talk on msn and im planning to go visit him in Oct. Im a wee bit nervous of the whole thing as there are so many people who have been used for a passport! I mean he is totally gorgeous and a bit younger than me, although i dont look my age lol. I just think can this be for real?? Im going to try and take it as it comes. After we spend time alone i may get a better feel of it but right now everytime i see him on msn i think wow lucky me :) Some friends say im a mug, others say it cant be any worse than meeting a local man (there are many love rats here)
I was wondering is it better going to a hotel or appartment? For instance can i go to thomas cook and book 1 flight and the hotel for 2?? I have no idea. Im so glad im not alone x

traceyyou

Hi all,
im also a newbie falling for a Tunisian, met a guy in Sousse in may, we talk on msn and im planning to go visit him in Oct. Im a wee bit nervous of the whole thing as there are so many people who have been used for a passport! I mean he is totally gorgeous and a bit younger than me, although i dont look my age lol. I just think can this be for real?? Im going to try and take it as it comes. After we spend time alone i may get a better feel of it but right now everytime i see him on msn i think wow lucky me :) Some friends say im a mug, others say it cant be any worse than meeting a local man (there are many love rats here)
I was wondering is it better going to a hotel or appartment? For instance can i go to thomas cook and book 1 flight and the hotel for 2?? I have no idea. Im so glad im not alone x
hi willow you can book flight only and then hotel for 2 i book with travel republic... i have stayed in both appartment and hotel but i prefered the hotel and especially if you havent stayed with him before him before stay in hotel the first time...my man is from sousse to...

Essem

Staff member
Hi all,
Welcome to our forum Willow1011

<<Totally gorgeous and a bit younger than me although I don't look my age>>

This is a well used phrase on here

<<I think can this be for real>>

No, Probably not!

<<Some friends say im a mug, others say it cant be any worse than meeting a local man (there are many love rats here)>>

Again par for the course but if you have a good read of what's on here and others' experiences, you should be forewarned and up to speed with the 'bezness' boys and lines etc - that is assuming he is one!

True Loverats are everywhere so at least if they are on your doorstep you're more likely to find them out quicker and it won't cost an arm and a leg to go see them every few months!

You can book flights and accommodation separately - many do. Flights through Thos Cook or Thomsons and accommdation through one of the internet based companies like travel republic or travelsupermarket etc.

Hotel or apartment depends on how well you know this guy - would you feel safe sharing an apartment in na area you don't know with someone you've only just met, gawjus or not?? I tend to think the safety of a hotel would be a better option for you.

caveatemptor

Apply the following: does he have a job earning enough to support me in decent accommodation in Tunisia? That`s a starting point.

newtosousse

Hi all,
Have a back up plan just in case things don't work out.

I also suggest that you Google him, to see if his name comes up elsewhere, if you have his real names.

I can recall reading about a woman who met this Tunisian guy online,had been chatting to him for months. When she arrived in Tunisia, the man who came to collect her from the airport, was not the man she had been talking to on MSN! Clearly, she did not go anywhere with him. This is the worst case scenario.

Marie1959

Ladies just be care ful dont pay for or give them anything cash wise the hotel fine they will not be able to afford that but as for other things he wants he got them before he met you and still can now. I have been on the wrong side of a Tunisian rat and taken for a right ride pardon the pun lol and I am now with My Tunisan hubby and although things are hard they are on the whole good. The rats are masters at work and will do and say whatever it takes to get where and what they want so PLEASE Please stay strong and good luck xxxx

MellieC

Hi all,

HI willow, welcome to the forum.

firstly I do hope that things go well for you and this guy you have met turns out to be genuine.
you might not like what i have to say, don't let it put you off, posting, just please take on board what is said by everyone, we can be cynical and sceptical, experience makes us that way. I am not deliberately trying to put a downer on your happiness, just the reality in it.

be careful, stay SAFE AT ALL TIMES IN ALL WAYS, keep your eye on the ball and don't let "gawjus" cloud the reality!

im also a newbie falling for a Tunisian, met a guy in Sousse in may, we talk on msn and im planning to go visit him in Oct.

most of us started out this way, so we DO understand, if you "fall" for him just try and make sure its real, and you are not falling flat on your face, sorry but having read you post before i commented, the latter looks quite possible!

Im a wee bit nervous of the whole thing as there are so many people who have been used for a passport!

not just a passport, thats 7 years down the line from this coming october at the least lol, they get used for just about anything, money, clothes, phones, all that can go on way before the coveted ILR or passport! some don't go for any of that they only want the ILR or passport, some want you to set them up with a shop/cafe in tunisia ~ and someone will always need to go to hospital and they will never have the money.......

I mean he is totally gorgeous and a bit younger than me, although i dont look my age lol.

BULLSHIT! what you really mean is, he might just be wanting the passport, i tink hes "gawjus" and don't know what he sees in me, plain jane and older, then you attempt to justify the relationship by saying you don't look your age, you are not sounding it either right now!

what is the age difference 15, 20, 25 years? are you old enough to be his mother? if so, and you have children around his age, do you "hit" on your childrens freinds too?

I just think can this be for real??

Unlikely as you are in teenager in love mode! not grown woman looking realistically at the situation.

Im going to try and take it as it comes.

something tells me you are not going to try too hard, and will take every line he feeds you!

After we spend time alone i may get a better feel of it

so in may you didn't spend time alone after you met? why was that? his friends around, maybe to translate cos one of them speaks better english than he does? your friends around? he was the hotel waiter so you only saw him in the hotel?

but right now everytime i see him on msn i think wow lucky me :)

teenager in love/desperate housewife mode! and he thinks lucky HIM, hes proper got one here, silly old cow takes it all in, boy she will be easy to fleece!

Some friends say im a mug, others say it cant be any worse than meeting a local man (there are many love rats here)

some of your freinds have sense, some of your friends do the job of your shadow, nod when you nod!

oh yeah, there are many love rats here, they are everywhere, but its the standard "cop out" defense line,
if you are already having to defend and justify it to yourself, and to us, you are already thinking its bullshit, so it probably is!

I was wondering is it better going to a hotel or appartment? For instance can i go to thomas cook and book 1 flight and the hotel for 2??

you might like to know then that its actually illegal to share a hotel or apartment with a tunisian when you are not married!
although some hotels and apartemnts disregard the law. there have been instances where husbands have been asked to provide proof of their marriage.

go book 1 flight and a hotel FOR 1!
if he doesn't like that arrangement TOUGH **** FOR HIM, cos a genuine guy would accept that.
you hardly know this guy, "we talk all the time on msn about EVERYTHING" means NOTHING, you hardly know him,
BE SAFE, stay in a hotel, arrange to see him after he finishes work, he does work?
your idea of a decent apartment in a nice area and his can be two different things!

I have no idea.

No **** sherlock!

Im so glad im not alone x
does that mean "I'm so glad I'm not alone" because i have "gawjus"? I hope not! i hope it means you are glad you have found the forum, albeit i doubt that you like anything I have said!

when you have calmed down and stopped calling me everything you can lay your tongue to, go back and read what you have said ~

your post comes across as one very dsperate lady and I hope for your sake that you are not!

take it slowly, cos right now you sound like the biggest target for ANY RAT ANYWHERE

and if he is you might as well just hand over your bank and credit cards right now, and stop wasting his and your time going through the motions, cos hes going to get them anyway!

If hes genuine, he will take it slowly, and so should YOU!

the way your post comes across, you will be the 1011 WEEPING willow by the end of the year if you don't!

good luck, take it slowly and take the rose coloured specs off for your own sake!

C

Cas

Strong words but the truth`s all there.......think you have just done a great service for many women.....

MellieC

I just hate to see women taken for a ride, and sometimes they set themselves up for it.

and this has all the appearances of setting herself up for a hell of a fall and a lot of pain IF

the guy isn't genuine!

if willow takes a look at herself, and identifies with it or not, at least she, and others will have something to think about,

maybe have a successful relationship? and not look back and think they were very foolish and find themselves with nothing
but a nasty taste in their mouth and a tune laughing all the way to the bank!

MellieC

marie, if they can't afford a hotel, or even thier part of it, or put towards it, irrespective of the difficult times in tune town at the moment, he isn't ever going to expect to put in for anything!

Marie1959

Yes I understand that hun we always got an apartment that hubby paid for before I arrived so was just trying to give a little benefit of the doubt lol.
My ex Rat tho paid for everything initially wouldnt let me pay for a thing bought my little one presents and took great care of us both only after a year or so did the signs start to appear then 4 years later the **** hit the fan so to speak so guess we never know just have to do what we feel is correct use our heads and see what happens then deal with it.
What is so sad is that so many even when it is clear still go on believing that they are wrong and that the sunshines out of the guys backside this is the silly part ok trust until they give a reason not to but then use your head no matter how hard it is and look after number 1

Essem

Staff member
does that mean "I'm so glad I'm not alone" because i have "gawjus"? I hope not! i hope it means you are glad you have found the forum, albeit i doubt that you like anything I have said!

when you have calmed down and stopped calling me everything you can lay your tongue to, go back and read what you have said ~

your post comes across as one very dsperate lady and I hope for your sake that you are not!

take it slowly, cos right now you sound like the biggest target for ANY RAT ANYWHERE

and if he is you might as well just hand over your bank and credit cards right now, and stop wasting his and your time going through the motions, cos hes going to get them anyway!

If hes genuine, he will take it slowly, and so should YOU!

the way your post comes across, you will be the 1011 WEEPING willow by the end of the year if you don't!

good luck, take it slowly and take the rose coloured specs off for your own sake!

Mel

I wish you'd tell it like it is and stop sugar coating things!

x

NetNiet

My ex Rat tho paid for everything initially wouldnt let me pay for a thing bought my little one presents and took great care of us both
I allways say to women see it in perspective
1. look at what he paid for
2. look at his income
3. So is it possible that he could pay this and don't expect he did had savings, because in general they are not use to do that.
4. If not.... a relation is just the same as counting....the chance he has other girlfriends who are paying your appartment, your food, your drinks and even the little presents for your child is very high.....

MellieC

Mel

I wish you'd tell it like it is and stop sugar coating things!

x
oh OK. naughty step again for me i guess!