Tunisian Romances

Mouse94

Hi Mouse94 and welcome to the forum....have you had a read through the various threads on VV on here? There's lots of advise and opinions on here from members who've gone through this process. You've said that your boyfriend no longer works as an Animator at your request...is he working now? It's very difficult to get a VV to the UK if he has no work in Tunisia as its very important that he can show and prove his 'intent to return' to the Embassy. Does he have savings? Property? Have you been together for long?
I've tried to look find something similar to my case. I've found a lot of people who say they are doing the same as me trying to get a visa. But can't find anything that will help me out, like success stories etc. He doesn't work as an Animateur now because he and i both decided it wasn't the best job for him to be in, and also he needed to go home to do his passport etc. No he isn't working now, he does photography for his old boss, like photos and filming weddings and the like, but that is very seasonal work, when he is needed, and when he is in his home city (this is the first time since august he has been home). That is what I am worried about, that he doesn't have any proof that he has to go home, he will because i will make sure of it, but obviously they will want proof, and we can't exactly give them that. He is using his last months wage to do all the papers, such as changing his id card, get his passport, his visa. Me, along with my parents help will be paying for his plane tickets and any money he will need when in the UK. No he has no savings as when he was working in the hotel he kept a bit of money for himself and sent the rest home to his family. He lives with his parents and brothers when he goes to his home city, doesn't have his own property as he can't afford it but also has been in the animation business for 3 years so hasn't been home longer then 1 month. Yes we have been together about 2 years 4 months now.

Mouse94

Jobs in Tunisia are very hard to come by, why did he give it up? How is he surviving if he's not working?
I know which is why it took a long time for us to come to the decision to stop working. But it was due to him having a horrible boss and also that being an Animateur is not a couples job. He has only not been working in January this year his contract finished January 1st. So so far he is living on his December months wage. And when that runs out his parents will give him so much money every week as he sent his wages home to them every month, they will only do this until he gets a job though. Which I hope is not long but it is hard to foresee these things.

Mouse94

The visa is a tourist visa. He was very lucky and didn't have any problems with the embassy, they said yes in 10 mins! So he'll be coming for 3 weeks as thats how much holiday he has. So how did you meet your man pej? I'm quite reassured by the amount of people on here, I wasn't sure much more than holiday romances happened!
Do you have any advice for people trying to get visiting visas?

Jane BM

I've tried to look find something similar to my case. I've found a lot of people who say they are doing the same as me trying to get a visa. But can't find anything that will help me out, like success stories etc. He doesn't work as an Animateur now because he and i both decided it wasn't the best job for him to be in, and also he needed to go home to do his passport etc. No he isn't working now, he does photography for his old boss, like photos and filming weddings and the like, but that is very seasonal work, when he is needed, and when he is in his home city (this is the first time since august he has been home). That is what I am worried about, that he doesn't have any proof that he has to go home, he will because i will make sure of it, but obviously they will want proof, and we can't exactly give them that. He is using his last months wage to do all the papers, such as changing his id card, get his passport, his visa. Me, along with my parents help will be paying for his plane tickets and any money he will need when in the UK. No he has no savings as when he was working in the hotel he kept a bit of money for himself and sent the rest home to his family. He lives with his parents and brothers when he goes to his home city, doesn't have his own property as he can't afford it but also has been in the animation business for 3 years so hasn't been home longer then 1 month. Yes we have been together about 2 years 4 months now.
I understand your situation however there is no one on here that is going to be able to tell you that his application will be successful, in fact I think you'll be very very lucky if he was granted a visitors visa...of course it's not impossible but unfortunately he doesn't have a job to go back to, savings, or school, therefore he is going to be very high risk for UKBA I'm afraid. His 'intent to return' in their eyes isn't that great...maybe it'd be better if he focused on getting another job with a job contract first, then he'd stand more of a chance. Best of luck.

olliebaby

Hi Mouse94, are you married? The reason I ask is to see if you could consider a different visa type, as from whats already been said by others, it looks like VV might not be the best option and even if you wanted to try anyway, a refusal (if it was refused) wouldnt look good on his records.

(Sorry if youve already said)

Mouse94

I understand your situation however there is no one on here that is going to be able to tell you that his application will be successful, in fact I think you'll be very very lucky if he was granted a visitors visa...of course it's not impossible but unfortunately he doesn't have a job to go back to, savings, or school, therefore he is going to be very high risk for UKBA I'm afraid. His 'intent to return' in their eyes isn't that great...maybe it'd be better if he focused on getting another job with a job contract first, then he'd stand more of a chance. Best of luck.
I know I wasn't looking for someone to say that he will get a visa I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice. Thanks for your comments.

Mouse94

Hi Mouse94, are you married? The reason I ask is to see if you could consider a different visa type, as from whats already been said by others, it looks like VV might not be the best option and even if you wanted to try anyway, a refusal (if it was refused) wouldnt look good on his records.

(Sorry if youve already said)
No I'm not married. Which is why we're trying for the visitors visa as that's the only one we can get. I want him to come to England to see what the lifestyle is like, since I know what it is like in Tunisia because I have been there. And when we do get married, he says he is willing to come to England as it would be hard for me to get a job in Tunisia. But I want him to visit first, and not just come to live first in case he doesn't like it.

olliebaby

Ok but what if he did visit here and didnt like it, would you then go there or would he still move here anyway as its the better option?? (there is a method in my thinking im not just being nosy lol)

Mouse94

Ok but what if he did visit here and didnt like it, would you then go there or would he still move here anyway as its the better option?? (there is a method in my thinking im not just being nosy lol)
Then we would have to figure out why he didn't like it. And if that could be changed then he would still come here. But if he absolutely hated it and definitely did not want to live in the UK then yes I would go there.

Jane BM

No I'm not married. Which is why we're trying for the visitors visa as that's the only one we can get. I want him to come to England to see what the lifestyle is like, since I know what it is like in Tunisia because I have been there. And when we do get married, he says he is willing to come to England as it would be hard for me to get a job in Tunisia. But I want him to visit first, and not just come to live first in case he doesn't like it.
If its definitely a VV your looking at applying for first then I really think he'll need to find another job before applying then because I don't think given your situation that it'd be a successful application.

olliebaby

Ok you obviously plan to spend your life together anyway no matter if he likes it here or not so my thinking is the option of the Fiance Visa (this is the one we did). My Husband (obv Fiance at the time) lived here in the UK for just under 6 months and then we married here at the end of the 6 months and switched to the Settlement visa and he stayed. Yes its not much time but he gets a good idea of what life is like here & you get to live together first before marrying. And if he really didnt like it, then after the 6 month visa you could go to Tunisia to live.

Mouse94

If its definitely a VV your looking at applying for first then I really think he'll need to find another job before applying then because I don't think given your situation that it'd be a successful application.
Ok thank you. This has been really helpful.

Mouse94

Ok you obviously plan to spend your life together anyway no matter if he likes it here or not so my thinking is the option of the Fiance Visa (this is the one we did). My Husband (obv Fiance at the time) lived here in the UK for just under 6 months and then we married here at the end of the 6 months and switched to the Settlement visa and he stayed. Yes its not much time but he gets a good idea of what life is like here & you get to live together first before marrying. And if he really didnt like it, then after the 6 month visa you could go to Tunisia to live.
Yes we are both in it for the long run. Would we have to get married in England with the Fiance visa though? Just asking because we wanted to get married in Tunisia. Since he will be leaving his family and moving to the UK (eventually and hopefully) we wanted to get married with his family in Tunisia so they didn't feel as though they were missing out and they were involved in our marriage. And then we plan to come back to the UK and just celebrate with a party here (I have ill, old people in my family so they will not be able to travel which is why we are hoping to celebrate in Tunisia and the UK). But thank you for sharing your story with me that was really good advice.

olliebaby

Yes you do have to marry here on that visa. As VV and FV dont really seem an option then looks like it would be the Settlement (as long as you meet these requirements too) but then you have to risk him coming here only once you are married, but many have done it and its worked.

Mouse94

Yes you do have to marry here on that visa. As VV and FV dont really seem an option then looks like it would be the Settlement (as long as you meet these requirements too) but then you have to risk him coming here only once you are married, but many have done it and its worked.
Ok thanks for your help. If he gets denied a visa will that affect any visas he tries to get after do you think? Or if we did it better then the first do you think they wouldn't think about the first refused visa? Just springing ideas out. I know your probably not in the embassy/border agency business etc but sometimes someone else can think of things you didn't think of.

Jane BM

Ok thanks for your help. If he gets denied a visa will that affect any visas he tries to get after do you think? Or if we did it better then the first do you think they wouldn't think about the first refused visa? Just springing ideas out. I know your probably not in the embassy/border agency business etc but sometimes someone else can think of things you didn't think of.
There's quite a few people on here who've had VV refused and then tried again and been successful...but it does show on his record that he's had a visa refused, so again it's a calculated risk...the best advise is to go through every aspect of the application and make sure that you've given evidence to prove each point, if you don't have the evidence then the likelihood is that it'll be refused.

If you definitely don't want to do the fiancé route (and the criteria for this now is very similar to settlement visa), and you want to marry in Tunisia then there is always the settlement visa option once you're married...yes it means that he has to come here to live, but at the end of the day if you're both in it for the long term and he DOESN'T like it, then you could explore your other options, ie, moving to Tunisia...( which for sure isn't an easy option for most people)...

olliebaby

To be honest if he doesnt meet the requirements (reason to return, job contract etc) then personally I definately wouldnt apply. No matter how good a latter application is, a refusal doesnt look good and is permanently against their name.

Mouse94

There's quite a few people on here who've had VV refused and then tried again and been successful...but it does show on his record that he's had a visa refused, so again it's a calculated risk...the best advise is to go through every aspect of the application and make sure that you've given evidence to prove each point, if you don't have the evidence then the likelihood is that it'll be refused.

If you definitely don't want to do the fiancé route (and the criteria for this now is very similar to settlement visa), and you want to marry in Tunisia then there is always the settlement visa option once you're married...yes it means that he has to come here to live, but at the end of the day if you're both in it for the long term and he DOESN'T like it, then you could explore your other options, ie, moving to Tunisia...( which for sure isn't an easy option for most people)...
I think if we don't try then we will never know. And if he gets it great! If he doesn't then we keep trying till he does. Yes I'm going through everything all the time trying to make sure everything is all together. Just waiting for his passport to come so we can carry on with the rest of his application. Thank you so much for your advice it really has helped!

We are definitely getting married in Tunisia! I'm already taking their son away from them I couldn't not let them be at the wedding as well. Especially when they keep wanting to pay for the wedding and we keep refusing. They're my family and I want them to be involved as much as possible. We're sorting plans out for every scenario. So whatever happens we'll figure out together. Thanks so much for your help.

Mouse94

To be honest if he doesnt meet the requirements (reason to return, job contract etc) then personally I definately wouldnt apply. No matter how good a latter application is, a refusal doesnt look good and is permanently against their name.
The only thing me and him can think of is for his photographer boss to say he will need give again for weddings etc. The only problem is its not a proper job, its seasonal and when he's needed. So not really a real contracted job is it. But that's the only thing I can think of to do so we don't just include nothing at all.

ROULLA

He doesn't work as an Animateur now because he and i both decided it wasn't the best job for him to be in, and also he needed to go home to do his passport etc. No he isn't working now, he does photography for his old boss, like photos and filming weddings and the like, but that is very seasonal work, when he is needed, and when he is in his home city (this is the first time since august he has been home). That is what I am worried about, that he doesn't have any proof that he has to go home, he will because i will make sure of it, but obviously they will want proof, and we can't exactly give them that. He is using his last months wage to do all the papers, such as changing his id card, get his passport, his visa. Me, along with my parents help will be paying for his plane tickets and any money he will need when in the UK..
Hi Mouse and welcome to the forum! Mouse I have not read all the posts so please bare with me on this and if I have got this wrong then I apologize in advance but am I reading this correct ? your fiance is in Tunisia and is trying to sort out his passport which costs around £32 and as for his ID card that also costs around £3 just placing this on here so that you are aware of how much these things cost. The Embassy will want proof that he is working and that he has something to go back to Tunisia for so I don't know how you will get around this one. As for the plane ticket you should book it with Tunis Air so that you are sure that everything is paid for and all's he will need is the reference and you can email him this and he will just print the E ticket and show it at the airport. If you buy the Ticket from Tunisia it will cost a lot more.:)