Tunisian Romances

Mouse94

Hi Mouse and welcome to the forum! Mouse I have not read all the posts so please bare with me on this and if I have got this wrong then I apologize in advance but am I reading this correct ? your fiance is in Tunisia and is trying to sort out his passport which costs around £32 and as for his ID card that also costs around £3 just placing this on here so that you are aware of how much these things cost. The Embassy will want proof that he is working and that he has something to go back to Tunisia for so I don't know how you will get around this one. As for the plane ticket you should book it with Tunis Air so that you are sure that everything is paid for and all's he will need is the reference and you can email him this and he will just print the E ticket and show it at the airport. If you buy the Ticket from Tunisia it will cost a lot more.:)
Yes that's correct. His identity card is being processed now and he filled in his passport papers today. Yes that is the one thing I am having trouble with as he is without a job now because that was the only way to do his papers as he would not have had any time to do his papers and also his boss would not give him time off. Would you say definitely Tunis Air then? We were going to use British Airways, are these not good to use? Thanks for your help :)

Jane BM

Yes that's correct. His identity card is being processed now and he filled in his passport papers today. Yes that is the one thing I am having trouble with as he is without a job now because that was the only way to do his papers as he would not have had any time to do his papers and also his boss would not give him time off. Would you say definitely Tunis Air then? We were going to use British Airways, are these not good to use? Thanks for your help :)
You can use BA just the same as Tunisair, they come into Gatwick as opposed to Heathrow....again pretty much all of it can be done online at this end as well....when my husband came here though on settlement 12 months ago he did go with Tunisair and he did book it that end in Tunisia and it wasn't too bad actually...it was only one way though...

Trulymadlydeeply

Sorry if you have alread said mouse but how old are you both. There is an age restriction on getting married in Tunisia are you aware of that (unless it's changed). If you do marry there and he comes over what is he skilled in how will you both survive here, do you earn £18,600 for him to get the settlement visa?

missmetal

No I'm not married. Which is why we're trying for the visitors visa as that's the only one we can get. I want him to come to England to see what the lifestyle is like, since I know what it is like in Tunisia because I have been there. And when we do get married, he says he is willing to come to England as it would be hard for me to get a job in Tunisia. But I want him to visit first, and not just come to live first in case he doesn't like it.
You could apply for a Fiances visa if you're engaged.

Mouse94

You can use BA just the same as Tunisair, they come into Gatwick as opposed to Heathrow....again pretty much all of it can be done online at this end as well....when my husband came here though on settlement 12 months ago he did go with Tunisair and he did book it that end in Tunisia and it wasn't too bad actually...it was only one way though...
Well it doesn't matter if its Heathrow or Gatwick Airport as I live no where near London anyway.

Mouse94

Sorry if you have alread said mouse but how old are you both. There is an age restriction on getting married in Tunisia are you aware of that (unless it's changed). If you do marry there and he comes over what is he skilled in how will you both survive here, do you earn £18,600 for him to get the settlement visa?
I'm 19 and he's 23. Yes we know, I think I have be 20 or something is it? Though read something about your father could give you permission if your not 20, not really sure. We're still looking into it. He has the animation diplomas, which include sports, working with kids like a kids club, he has his languages, and also he dj'd now and again and he's good at that. No I don't as I am in my last year of college and only work Saturdays. We're not getting married before I finish college, and we would prefer I am working before we get married however work would not give me the time of I need to get married as you have to be in Tunisia 21 days before you can marry. So eventually we will marry then I will work until I can get money together to support us and then we would start to try and get him to England.

Jane BM

I'm 19 and he's 23. Yes we know, I think I have be 20 or something is it? Though read something about your father could give you permission if your not 20, not really sure. We're still looking into it. He has the animation diplomas, which include sports, working with kids like a kids club, he has his languages, and also he dj'd now and again and he's good at that. No I don't as I am in my last year of college and only work Saturdays. We're not getting married before I finish college, and we would prefer I am working before we get married however work would not give me the time of I need to get married as you have to be in Tunisia 21 days before you can marry. So eventually we will marry then I will work until I can get money together to support us and then we would start to try and get him to England.
You don't actually have to be in Tunisia for 21 days prior to getting married...you get your CONI here in the UK and then have it translated at the Embassy....I have to say I'm afraid that his Animation diplomas won't be any good here either, they aren't recognised, also there isn't much call for Animators in the UK.
As you aren't working and earning enough money then yep settlement and fiancé visas are definitely a no go, however without wishing to rain on your parade I can pretty much guarantee that the same will apply if he goes for Visitor visa...you have no real income yourself and he doesn't work, nor does he have any savings to pay for his own trip or job to go back to. Personally if I was in your shoes I'd concentrate my efforts on finishing college (you're very young), by all means continue your relationship with your boyfriend, but right now unless you are planning on living in Tunisia you'd need to steer your efforts in maybe fulfilling the criteria for ANY visa in a couple of years time...hopefully you'll both be in a better financial position by then and there's no rush.....best of luck...

Jane BM

Hi all. Im new to this forum. I am a british national and i have a boyfriend in Tunisia. He wants to come here to UK however possible as soon as possible. He is worried for his safety and also wants to be with me. We are looking at getting married too. However, i am on public funding at the moment and i have 3 children from 2 previous relationships :) :confused: . I have read that i cannot be his sponsor as i dont meet the financial requirements. He has a cousin in Jersey and he is currently working in Tunisia. Any ideas on what we can do?:D
Think I've just answered you on the other thread...

ROULLA

Hi all. Im new to this forum. I am a british national and i have a boyfriend in Tunisia. He wants to come here to UK however possible as soon as possible. He is worried for his safety and also wants to be with me. We are looking at getting married too. However, i am on public funding at the moment and i have 3 children from 2 previous relationships :) :confused: . I have read that i cannot be his sponsor as i dont meet the financial requirements. He has a cousin in Jersey and he is currently working in Tunisia. Any ideas on what we can do?:D
Hi Zoe and welcome to the forum!

Zoe am I right in saying that two of your children are from a previous marriage and the other one is your boyfriend because if this is how it is you may have a leg to stand on if you want him to get a visitors visa but I doubt very much that you will have a leg to stand on if you are not married, don't meet the criteria and want him to stay in the UK.

Sorry to sound negative but don't take my word for it as I am no expert it's just my opinion.

Jane BM

Zoe am I right in saying that two of your children are from a previous marriage and the other one is your boyfriend because if this is how it is you may have a leg to stand on if you want him to get a visitors visa but I doubt very much that you will have a leg to stand on if you are not married, don't meet the criteria and want him to stay in the UK.

Sorry to sound negative but don't take my word for it as I am no expert it's just my opinion.
No Roulla, the children are from her previous relationship, not her boyfriend..

Jasmine

Not correct :p It would more than likely still go against the visa as he would have more of a tie to the UK (girlfriend and child) than returning, they would see him as a "risk" of either over-staying or not returning at all. Also, throw into the mix that public funds are also involved. Not a good combination.

He would have to have some money of his own to show he can support himself financially for his duration of stay in the UK. And have some form of "intent to return".

Its all kinda negative, CAN be done, in the right circumstances.