Tunisian Romances

KIZZEY

That is so sweet Josephine and i think the least any of us can ask for is to die still happy and in love. Fantastic thread Caley really enjoyed reading these opinions x

K

Kassie

yes it seems here that money is this god that people who get more become tighter and tighter, yet those with little give their heart away. I guess alot of families over there have very little money so share their love instead.
I know which i prefer, my mum and dad lived all their years out neither of them driving, no high power careers, but my god they loved each other right to the end. My dad left a little tin box with so precious memories of his life with my mum, no will, just letters.

That is sooooo lovely Jo :) and I think so true!

xxxx

sylviachoudry

my mum and dad same ,ended up with nothing after working all there lives but love was still strong, back to the thread, slim got a shock when he came ,i hadtold him it was c**p in england but we had used up all tunisia had at that time, he had been sending money to his family when working in hammamet, thay could not feed more than themself,thay would have tried but no jobs in jendouba so what was the point, icame back after we got refused our visa,worked all hours , summer came slim was working again so the appeal was given ,he borrowed his money for ticket,hes been here 2 yr and has worked every day,we went back 3 times and each he was so sad to come back to england he loves tunisia but tunisia dont love the poor,as for going back after 2 or 3 yr,dream on unless u got a very well paying job, more like 20 yr to get the money to get a house ect, what we urn at the moment we pay out in rent ect.

KIZZEY

Hi Sylvia, Thats what i can't understand when i read the awful stories when these guys work here for three or so years then take all money and go. How they living here in the first place, don't they pay rent and c. tax and fuel bills etc etc..... don't understand:confused:

jill nemer

Hello my name is Jill and I live with my Tunisian husband here, it has been very hard for him, but now he has a job and has settled, we are just about to apply for his leave to remain, he takes his life in the UK test on Friday.

I think we all hope we are giving them the chance of a better life but it has been a real eye opener seeing it all through his eyes.

KIZZEY

Hi Jill
Good luck to your husband with that i am sure there won't be a problem with the ILR, a friend of mine as just done this though they say the relief is unbelievable x

jill nemer

Hi Kizzey
Yes it is a worry, we had enough hassle with his visa two years ago so we are dreading this one, we have to apply in November so we will wait and see.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Jill and wecome to the forum. Congrats on your marriage and good luck with the application.

jill nemer

Thank you Truly we have beeen married two and a half years now, and he has been here nearly two.

I am dreading the visa process again though.

Trulymadlydeeply

Yeah I bet the dreaded "VISA". Was only 1 year e had to wait when we did ours, in 1997!

jill nemer

We had to apply twice, got turned down and appealed, that was turned down then we got it the second time.

This is worse because I could not bear it if he got turned down after being here two years but the system is so unpredictable.

K

Kassie

Hello my name is Jill and I live with my Tunisian husband here, it has been very hard for him, but now he has a job and has settled, we are just about to apply for his leave to remain, he takes his life in the UK test on Friday.

I think we all hope we are giving them the chance of a better life but it has been a real eye opener seeing it all through his eyes.
Hello Jill and welcome to the forum! :) Good luck with test on Frday and good to hear your "story"

xxxx

jill nemer

Thank you Kassie, there seem to be some very friendly people on here and often friends and family do not understand how it is.

KIZZEY

Thats correct Jill, my family are very supportive but it's great on here to discuss things with people who really FEEL what you talking about. Good luck x

jill nemer

I have just read your thread about your visa application Kizzey how long have you been waiting ?

KIZZEY

I have just read your thread about your visa application Kizzey how long have you been waiting ?
We put our papers in on 2nd September but have been told it could take another month!:(

jill nemer

Oh how awful, has he had an interview yet and if so how did it go ?

selz

Hi Jill.
Welcome 2 the forum.....Hope u enjoy reading everything on here!
Really we r a friendly bunch:D
All the best 4 the future.

jill nemer

Thanks Selz I am browsing through everything but there is so much on here !!!!!!!!!

selz

Omg there is, it will take u a month 2 go thru all the posts...LOL