Tunisian Romances

Jen

bev, I'm not materialistic in the slightest. I'm very very grateful for the things I have, but I'm not constantly out there looking to better them. Yes, I have a lot of clothes but I'd say 85% of them came from primark/peacocks or similar low end shops. The lst time I went out was my birthday, about a month ago. before that, i couldn't tell you. I spend most of my free time doing Explorers, or helping out my best friend with her horses - I'm not into the mindset of the working girls of the city, but unfortunately you know, you need to work to survive, and this is where I live, so this is where I have to work! I don't care about any of that materialistic crap, the only thing I need is my phone, and thats just so i can stay in touch with the people I love...

I was just trying to say that to settle permanently, you really have to be prepared to give up everything you've ever known. And whilst I loved Tunisia, I could never live there. I would want to be respected and known in my own right. I could never settle for being known as so-and-so's wife, and I don't think I would get the recognition there that I believe I deserve as a person. I may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

And Cathi, no, thank you for your kind offer, but I do not want to play with your children hehe :)

arabchique

bev, I'm not materialistic in the slightest. I'm very very grateful for the things I have, but I'm not constantly out there looking to better them. Yes, I have a lot of clothes but I'd say 85% of them came from primark/peacocks or similar low end shops. The lst time I went out was my birthday, about a month ago. before that, i couldn't tell you. I spend most of my free time doing Explorers, or helping out my best friend with her horses - I'm not into the mindset of the working girls of the city, but unfortunately you know, you need to work to survive, and this is where I live, so this is where I have to work! I don't care about any of that materialistic crap, the only thing I need is my phone, and thats just so i can stay in touch with the people I love...

I was just trying to say that to settle permanently, you really have to be prepared to give up everything you've ever known. And whilst I loved Tunisia, I could never live there. I would want to be respected and known in my own right. I could never settle for being known as so-and-so's wife, and I don't think I would get the recognition there that I believe I deserve as a person. I may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

And Cathi, no, thank you for your kind offer, but I do not want to play with your children hehe :)
Jen, hun, relax ... smile and wave, just smile and wave ... :)

9 days ... woohoo!!!! :D

xx

caley

Ahhhhhhhh Coyote.....you really are the voice of reason! :rolleyes::D

I just meant that leather is much cheaper. I have lovely leather items from tunisia, soft leather of good quality, for a fraction of the price theyd be over here! x

leilalou

hey eva1 i no dis kate n momo and shes fine she missin her family like hell but i just wanted 2 tell u duke that she was very confused n didnt no wat 2 do i wil hopefully see her in november so if u want me 2 help u speak to her i will but shes in love n i fink she finks this is all wat she cn do 2 b wit him please get in contact wit us duke x

Patrice

Banned
hey eva1 i no dis kate n momo and shes fine she missin her family like hell but i just wanted 2 tell u duke that she was very confused n didnt no wat 2 do i wil hopefully see her in november so if u want me 2 help u speak to her i will but shes in love n i fink she finks this is all wat she cn do 2 b wit him please get in contact wit us duke x

I just hope that she will never regret what she's doing now, in the name of... love.

Let's hope all ends well.

xxx

caley

Aww

I just feel so sad when i read this, because i can see where both sides are coming from! Obviously shes acting very stupidly.......but i KNOW how this feels, to be completely over the top in 'love' and when everyone tells you know....it just spurs you on even more..........I really hope this all ends well. I hope she is ok and she is happy out there. I am heading out in 12 days if there is anything i can do for you. xx

foxylady

to lighten the mood a little!!

To everyone out there reading the recent posts!!! I am and no doubt some other girls on here too are slightly fed up of reading just the bad things about the "horrible" or "nasty" men in Tunisia that we all meet or have met!!
Does anyone actually put up nice posts about what there fiance's or husband's may be doing? I have heard so many horror stories from my Tunisian friends and friends over here about some men or woman who have been treated awfully. My tunisian friends tell me how some women have treated them etc. well here is the time to ask opinions of ladies who have had nice experiences. love to hear....xxx

KIZZEY

Good idea Foxy!! Well from the word go my lovely, gentle, gorgeous, bossy husband as wrapped me in cotton wool and treat me like a queen. If he stays the same when he gets here my life will be wonderful, but I have heard so many horror stories from women who said that their hubbys were like this and then suddenly turn into monsters......thats scary. But no, forget that I refuse to believe that will happen, watch this space x

Patrice

Banned
Good Idea! :)

Both sides of the coin must be posted
Not all tunisian (men or women) are bad. There are lots of genuine and not genuine people, everywhere in the world. Portuguese are not better, nor worse.
I am glad to read happy ending stories. I thought mine was one of them... guess not. But that is my problem.

We all need happy endings, fairytales. If not ours, yours please! :)

xxx

samwella

i think its this is great idea!! for me i'm not at all clouded by the idea that i think my hubby is great and fab, at the end of the day he's still a man and still a human being and makes mistakes just like the rest of us, it just so happens he's also tunisian.

When i lived in tunisia with him life was very different to the way it is, his family are amazing i never went without or had lift a finger.

it's been a long and hard road to get where we are now but we've both worked at it, he's never left tunisia before moving to england, he ran his own business and came here and tried to adjust to life, it took a while and a lot of hard work.
i'm really proud of what he's accomplished in such a short space of time, he's opened his own business here which i havent helped with as i wouldnt really have a clue, and its doing really well, we've moved into a house we're happy in now, he's made some great friends whilst here, some of which are also tunisian.
I think it's just a case of give and take and both parts and compramise and a lot of patience and understanding.
We've been married 2 years this weekend, and next week we're having our renewal of vows with the whole works so we get to actually have our 'wedding' in England

arabchique

Awww, Sam ... that's fantastic huni ... congratulations on all accounts ... and esp for the renewal of the vows ... that will be amazing ...

What kinda business does he run?

Wish I had something nice to post ... but nowt happened as yet !!! lol

xxxx

M

MEMO43

.....as yet.....

KIZZEY

Happy anniversary Samwella and congratulations on all you have achieved together, may things only get better x

Patrice

Banned
I think it's just a case of give and take and both parts and compramise and a lot of patience and understanding.
We've been married 2 years this weekend, and next week we're having our renewal of vows with the whole works so we get to actually have our 'wedding' in England
Congratulations Sam.
Best Wishes and I am very glad you both could make things work. Like you say, it's a give and take, compromise, patience, understandind and respect. I guess it works with all relationships but people keep forgetting it, unfortunately.
Anyway, Congratulations again :)

xxx

samwella

ah thanks guys, he's got a mobile phone shop, he's till got the one in tunisia his brother over looks it while he's here.

but like i say none of it has come easy and i think everyday is a constant battle over something but hopefully things will just keep getting better, the next thing we're looking at is building our house over there which is becoming a bit more of a reality now...so just so see how things go.

and arabchique... u never know whats round the corner, as m says as yet!

foxylady

congratulations to yo samwella. Arabchique positive thinking goes a long way.
I went on holiday to tunisia with a very opehn mind the first time and it so happened that i met the man that i am married to now.we are very happy together in the uk now but after mush hard work it has all paid off or beginning too should i say!!ladies keep the happy stories flowing its so nice to hear nice news... ladies who are in england how are your men coping with the rubbish weather we've got recently???? you would honestly think my hubby has been here all his life... hes fitted in so well. gets on with my parents like they are his own and my brother is his brother!! everything seems so easy!!!xxx

K

Kassie

positive thinking goes a long way.
I went on holiday to tunisia with a very opehn mind the first time and it so happened that i met the man that i am married to now.we are very happy together in the uk now but after mush hard work it has all paid off or beginning too should i say!!
you would honestly think my hubby has been here all his life... hes fitted in so well. gets on with my parents like they are his own and my brother is his brother!! everything seems so easy!!!xxx
Aww Lady ...this is so good to know and I am so happy for you!! I stiil wonder how things will be when my hubby eventually gets here! But I think positive :)

xxxx

Patrice

Banned
congratulations to yo samwella. Arabchique positive thinking goes a long way.
I went on holiday to tunisia with a very opehn mind the first time and it so happened that i met the man that i am married to now.we are very happy together in the uk now but after mush hard work it has all paid off or beginning too should i say!!ladies keep the happy stories flowing its so nice to hear nice news... ladies who are in england how are your men coping with the rubbish weather we've got recently???? you would honestly think my hubby has been here all his life... hes fitted in so well. gets on with my parents like they are his own and my brother is his brother!! everything seems so easy!!!xxx

That's so great foxylady.
Believe I wish all stories had an happy ending but we know that's not how life works although things happen for a reason.
I am very happy for you.
Best Wishes fro Portugal :)

feefad

foxylady, have to agree with ya on the open mind thing, my exact words before my 1st trip to tunisia when someone said i might meet a nice man were, "what the f*** would I want with a Tunisian" Now forced to eat my words :)