Tunisian sweets

salim

When i was in tunisia i went to kairouan with my brother , i bought 10 kg , very delicious and good quality i advice evreybody to go there , specaily "Makroudh white" +thea wooooooooooooouh incredibly tasty
for the white Makroudh 1 kg = 18 dt

Essem

Staff member
When i was in tunisia i went to kairouan with my brother , i bought 10 kg , very delicious and good quality i advice evreybody to go there , specaily "Makroudh white" +thea wooooooooooooouh incredibly tasty
The Makroudh white are my favourite too.

salim

The Makroudh white are my favourite too.
Me too and be sure Awesome tasty Essem , 1 kg = 18 dt , you know this makroudh is made with almonds

Essem

Staff member
Me too and be sure Awesome tasty Essem , 1 kg = 18 dt , you know this makroudh is made with almonds
Yes I bought them in Kairouan on Sunday and it was the first time I'd tasted the white - I'm hooked now!

salim

Yes I bought them in Kairouan on Sunday and it was the first time I'd tasted the white - I'm hooked now!
What about the price Essem , still the same ?

Essem

Staff member
100_2132.JPG

These were the prices Salim.

salim

View attachment 4558

These were the prices Salim.
Thx Essem wish i was in Tunisia , got somes sweets with me like Grayba + makroudh , maybe i will tell one of my family to send me some sweets :) really prices seems good , we have a variety choice ,

ROULLA

It must be just about now when all the ladies of the house are preparing to make cakes for the 26 of October,,,Ohhh my mouth is watering at the thought of it,,The cusser must have such a wonderful smell with people taking their home made sweets to be baked in the ovens,, What is your favourite cakes in Tunisia ?Kakwaraka must be mine,,,Sorry about spelling and also Petie foul,,,I know I know I am awful at trying to spell anything Tunisian but I sure know how to eat the cakes:D

Essem

Staff member
Specialities of Beja

100_2975.JPG

100_2966.JPG
mkharek

100_2967.JPG
zlabiya

ROULLA

I know that you are going to laugh Essem, but you know how fussy I am and there is no way that I would be eating from the last photo,,look at the zlebia leaning against those dirty white tiles... Sorry everyone but they don't look too clean to me:)

Last edited:

Jane BM

I know that you are going to laugh Essem but you know how fussy I am and there is no way that I would be eating from the last photo,,look at the zlebia leaning against those dirty white tiles... Sorry everyone but they don't look too clean to me:)
I'd have a few of those donut things though Roulla.....

Essem

Staff member
Typical market shop Roulla and can confirm the ones I bought were delish!

Essem

Staff member
2013-11-19 15.00.38.jpg

Essem

Staff member
2013-11-19 15.00.48.jpg

missmetal

All looks too good. I really miss the Nougat! one of my favourite treats out there.

Aslemma

I have a confession to make - I don't like dates nor figs, which I know is tantamount to blasphemy in Tunisia. :rolleyes: I do love a lot of the Tunisian cakes and sweets though.

Jane BM

I have a confession to make - I don't like dates nor figs, which I know is tantamount to blasphemy in Tunisia. :rolleyes: I do love a lot of the Tunisian cakes and sweets though.
Nooooooooo....:eek::eek::eek:, surely not...lol...next you'll be sayings you can't abide Harissa!! :p

Aslemma

I do like harissa, especially when I can dip the lovely bread in it.:D