Tunisian Tea

sarabslimene

Greetings fellow foodies, I am looking for some assistance and tips on cooking real Tunisian style mint tea. I have just returned from Paris where I found myself in Barbes and purchased a lovely hand made tea pot and they gave me some excellent chinese green and some dried mint to make tea. I've made it several times before but just can't get the balance right and seems to end up tasting bitter therefore I was wondering whether anyone can help me make it like a Tunisian mama does. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Merci aishk...xx :)

MellieC

Greetings fellow foodies, I am looking for some assistance and tips on cooking real Tunisian style mint tea. I have just returned from Paris where I found myself in Barbes and purchased a lovely hand made tea pot and they gave me some excellent chinese green and some dried mint to make tea. I've made it several times before but just can't get the balance right and seems to end up tasting bitter therefore I was wondering whether anyone can help me make it like a Tunisian mama does. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Hi sara, Let it cool, cook it on an even slower heat than you would normally!

personally I hate the stuff LOL give me PG tips or Liptons yellow label any day

Mel:cool:

Essem

Staff member
Rose Petal Tea

21 April 2011  crafts 023.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 022.jpg

ROULLA

This looks interesting Essem, does it taste nice as well ? x x

Essem

Staff member
Yes just had soime Roulla - beautiful fragrance, light and refreshing - I really enjoyed it.

Janan

Banned
best tea I ever tasted was in Tabarka - luckluster and seedy cafeteria but luxurious tea
this one Essem looks like pure rose? good to put also to some cookings

Essem

Staff member
tea.jpg

I love this tea!

Trulymadlydeeply

OMG my MIL was feeding me this when I was having the henna done on my hands was trying to open my mouth so minuscule coz did nt want the nuts in me gob lol..... Too sweet for me :(

Jenny

Hi Sarabslimene,
me and hubby just made some mint tea and here comes our "recepie", well acctually his... ;) This is the egyptian way of making mint tea but I guess it's quite similar as the tunisian tea.
Boil water and pure in a pot. Mix equal parts of british breakfast tea and dried mint and put in the pot, let it be for 2-3 minutes before pouring it in the cups. My husband has a lot of sugar in his cup, but I like it without.

Jane BM

Hi Sarabslimene,
me and hubby just made some mint tea and here comes our "recepie", well acctually his... ;) This is the egyptian way of making mint tea but I guess it's quite similar as the tunisian tea.
Boil water and pure in a pot. Mix equal parts of british breakfast tea and dried mint and put in the pot, let it be for 2-3 minutes before pouring it in the cups. My husband has a lot of sugar in his cup, but I like it without.
I'm going to try that. Thanks jenny