Vincci Eden Star Hotel, Zarzis

Essem

Staff member
Beautifully positioned in the heart of a palm grove, right on an idyllic beach about 13 kms from downtown Zarzis in the Touristique Zone of Sangho, this 4 star Thomas Cook Villages hotel has everything. Majority of clients are French speaking, German or Italian, hardly any English and very few people speak English. Most clients fly to Djerba (50 kms) and transfer across – less than 1 hour.

The hotel offers 4 restaurants, 3 bars, Moorish caf̩, disco, 4 swimming pools, thalassotherapy centre, entertainment, sport facilities including 3 tennis courts, miniclub. It has 256 comfortable bedrooms each with TV satellite although no English channels - Arabic, French, German & Italian Рtelephone, air conditioning, safe, hair dryer, minibar (on request), balcony or terrace.

I visited during St Valentine’s weekend ’09 and every client received a beautiful St Val’s card, a single rose and rose perfumed incense in their bedroom. They also did a special dinner in the dimly lit dining room which was decorated in swathes of red and white material with the odd heart here and there.

Dining room has a decorated children's buffet corner, microwave oven, still water machine (usually served in carafes) and the food was fantastic Рto die for! Buffet style but all breakfast food (omelettes, eggs, crep̩s, doughnuts) was cooked to order as were all main dinner dishes (prawns, steak, merguez, etc). Therfore, no waste and really freshly cooked food. Clients were spoiled for choice.

I booked through Travel Republic/Jumbo Tours and paid £100 for 3 nights on half board basis which I thought was excellent value for money and wine/drinks/water were included too.

Internet point in hotel was 8 dinars for 1 hour or 5 dinars for ½ hour. Taxis from outside hotel to Zarzis town approx. 8 dinars and to heart of touristic zone about 1½ dinars. (Small) dogs were allowed in hotel. Beach at hotel kept in pristine condition. Jet ski hire 190 dinars for 1 or 2 persons for 2 hours.

Staff were exceptional – really friendly and helpful as were the locals.

This hotel group have recently acquired the Diana Club now renamed the Eden Beach, (3*), adjacent to the Eden Star.

Attachments