Vincci Hotel, Port-el-Kantaoui

RachaelLahmar

I stayed in this hotel for a week in June, i had lovely service and the brekfast wasnt that bad either i normally dont like Tunisian brekfast but this was lovely.

The entertainment is something not to miss! Very funny. Me and my Tunisian fiance got treated like king and queen. Maybe because they know him and dont want to upset him but it was a lovely hotel and for 1 week bed and brekfast with a double room very spacious was only £120 for the end of June beginning of July so i think that is quiet good!

kellyc

Hi

Hi Rachael,

Well excellent, sounds like you had a much better time than we did, we stayed there for New Years just for that evening and paid for the New Years party that was absolutely awful, and very very expensive, the swimming pool was on the roof and so small! though the room was clean and nice. But we waited 4 hours for our dinner at the gala dinner and missed all the entertainment etc, we were still waiting for our cold bit of fish at 2.00 am lol it was a nightmare and a New Year to remember!! i think the problem is when you plan things too much and expect the best it doesnt always happen! though ill still never forget my parents face as it hit New Year :(

woudlg

There's recent videofootage of a maid thieving from one of the rooms in the Vincii on Youtube, looking through drawers, clothes etc. - mind you, I think this is unfortunately something people need to be a bit alert to in most hotels in Tunisia. I would always advocate locking jewellery etc. away in a safe.

pej

Yes, as it would indeed be wise to do in any hotel you visit. It is never a good idea to leave valuables out in the open.

RachaelLahmar

Vincci!

Its not just the vincci that is in every hotel anywhere in any country. When i stayed there i left money, ciggarettes, phones camera's nothing ever got stolen! lol :p

ninikins

It happens anywhere, not just Tunisia. I stayed in a 5 star hotel in London and lost stuff.

Cathibou

I am posting this thread on behalf of Annie she would like everyone to know about the problems she had at this hotel. The hotel has refused to let them stay with their boyfriends in the hotel and she wants everyone who is travelling and hoping to stay with their boyfriends that it could be a problem. This is the first time she has encountered this and found it very upsetting on arrival.
Cx

Tunisianbelle

Really? Wow! I like this hotel actually - I've always thought it was nice.

Jasmine

Cathi..

Give Annie my love and a big hug. Hope she's ok?

Hotels are becoming stricter with regards to tunisian's staying with their partners before marriage. My ex was rarely allowed into the hotel i stayed in, in October (never mind!! LOL) although its quite frustrating and upsetting at the time.
xxx

Bluebell

Cathibou

Had your friend booked separate rooms for the men or booked rooms together?

Cathibou

Cathibou

Had your friend booked separate rooms for the men or booked rooms together?
Hi Bluebell they had booked a double room and stated the names when booking in the uk.
Cx

woudlg

The holiday company she booked through are at fault surely? If hotels are going to refuse unmarried couples to stay together then they need to make that explicit. Obviously they'll only refuse a couple where one is Tunisian, otherwise their bookings will plummet!!! As an aside, there's a video on YouTube of a maid caught on camera stealing from a person's room in the Vincci - happens in most hotels though! (the day I see a Tunisian woman wearing my lovely silver and turquoise necklace - which was a 30th birthday gift from my parents - I'll proceed to strangle her with it LOL)

Tunisianbelle

the day I see a Tunisian woman wearing my lovely silver and turquoise necklace - which was a 30th birthday gift from my parents - I'll proceed to strangle her with it LOL
:) I'll be sure that when I wear it, I'm out of your view! :p
Oh, but I'm not Tunisian - does that mean I'm exempt from strangulation? :D

woudlg

Ha! Actually it was stolen in a hotel in Monastir (well Skanes really!)..so you remain a prime suspect LOL .....!!!

woudlg

And anyway, I'll let you get awy with it - not because you're American, but 'cos you have a bump!!! x

Tunisianbelle

Ha! Actually it was stolen in a hotel in Monastir (well Skanes really!)..so you remain a prime suspect LOL .....!!!

:eek: Would it help you to know that the only jewlry I wear is my wedding rings? ;) I wear hijab, so necklaces and earrings wouldn't be visible and would probably just hurt anyway. :)

Which hotel was it that you had your necklace stolen from? :confused:

Tunisianbelle

And anyway, I'll let you get awy with it - not because you're American, but 'cos you have a bump!!! x
Thanks! I knew another baby would prove to be a blessing! :D

Scoobydoo

The company they booked through have to sort it out. They have to honour the booking somehow. Although, if they are a mickey mouse operation then that might not happen.

This happened to a friend of mine and lastminute (i think) had to pay for her boyfriend to have another room...but of course they only slept in the one - really stupid but hey.

woudlg

:eek: Would it help you to know that the only jewlry I wear is my wedding rings? ;) I wear hijab, so necklaces and earrings wouldn't be visible and would probably just hurt anyway. :)

Which hotel was it that you had your necklace stolen from? :confused:
aaaah - trying to get me off your scent???!!! LOL It was the Thalassa Monastir (nice hotel though!)

Tunisianbelle

aaaah - trying to get me off your scent???!!! LOL
Well, you know........:p:D

It was the Thalassa Monastir (nice hotel though!)
Was it Thalassa Skanes or just Thalassa? :confused: When my husband used to be based in Tunis and would have a rotation for Monastir, his company would put us up in Thalassa. I liked it at first, but the service started lacking. It's been about 6 years since I was there though. :rolleyes: