Vincci Hotel, Port-el-Kantaoui

woudlg

It was the one almost directly opposite the airport ...... I'm sure it was called Thalassa Monastir, perhaps it's changed its name?

Tunisianbelle

Yup, that's the one we stayed at. Did you talk to the managers and demand action be taken? They DO know which maids (and other hotel staff) had access to your room.....

Cathibou

The company they booked through have to sort it out. They have to honour the booking somehow. Although, if they are a mickey mouse operation then that might not happen.

This happened to a friend of mine and lastminute (i think) had to pay for her boyfriend to have another room...but of course they only slept in the one - really stupid but hey.
Annie said she booked with med hotels through travel republic
Cx

crazypink

My sister stayed there in august and really liked it - but sed the pool aint big enuf!
My friend also stayed there wid her BF no problems......very strange!!
x x x x x x x x x x

Scoobydoo

Hmm medhotels is still up and running, was looking at their site the other day!!?

annie

Hi.Just arrived back a few hours ago and have just read the thread that CATHI wrote on my behalf. What we had to do was change the names on the rooms so that the two boys stayed in 1 room and we girls in the other. Of course ths was just on paper.No body checked up on us. I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and stay at the Vincci every 3 months for the last 4 years ,but the Libians have taken over this hotel and very strict. I am going back in the next few weeks, I dont know where to stay as my friend is not coming and it will only be me and my boyfriend.( Thank u Cathi)X

Cathibou

Annie
How come I didnt see you are the airport what time was your flight
Cx

annie

Hi my flight was 12.30.What time was yours.Sorry i didnt see you later in the week but I went to different places every day. Tabarka,Hammamet,Tunis,Bizerte etc.x

Cathibou

No problem I sent you as message on Facebook, ours was at 10.05am. Glad you had good time
cx

Cathibou

o degrees when we landed and even less now yuk anyway it has rained all day in Tunisia the first day of rain for 4 weeks it is getting ready for you!
Cx

Trulymadlydeeply

o degrees when we landed and even less now yuk anyway it has rained all day in Tunisia the first day of rain for 4 weeks it is getting ready for you!
Cx
Meeeeeeeoooooooowwwwwwwww ;) :D

Welcome back Cathi....

L

lisa

I had the same problem in June. They offered us another room at extra cost, and we said ok out of respect I would only stay at the hotel but I wanted walid to eat with me as we had paid for half board they still refused unless we paid for another room. We made a stink of it with the manager, rep and the travel company medshotels even when i got back i complained and only got told 'some hotels will not allow it'!

Lizj

Hi.Just arrived back a few hours ago and have just read the thread that CATHI wrote on my behalf. What we had to do was change the names on the rooms so that the two boys stayed in 1 room and we girls in the other. Of course ths was just on paper.No body checked up on us. I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and stay at the Vincci every 3 months for the last 4 years ,but the Libians have taken over this hotel and very strict. I am going back in the next few weeks, I dont know where to stay as my friend is not coming and it will only be me and my boyfriend.( Thank u Cathi)X
I usually stay in apartments at Kantoaui so no problems as we encountered this in Tozeur the receptionist wanted to call the police so we could make a 'declaration' fortunately I was oblivious to what was going on at the time and found it quite amusing when he later told me. Anyhow the site 'Find me Accommodation' has apartments from £76 a week, not used them myself as he sorts it thru a friend but we usually only pay about this amount.

crazypink

Well where do i start......... hav always liked this hotel as we visit weneva im there but havin stayed there i saw a different side to it....

The manager is a very rude man, he continuously looked my husband up & down and asked staff who he was to be with me! He sacked the massage man 4 speakin "to the arabic man" (my husband) wen we were at the pool - hav made complaint bout this and will be takin it further. He has a problem with arabic men bein with english from wot we were told.

1st nite we spent in the smallest room eva that was sooooo cold we slept in our clothes! They moved us the nxt day to a room where the toilet leaked the whole time, we reported it every day. The spanish guests were given fruit in their rooms and bath robes - we had neither - until i complained after findin out he had sacked the man!! Then we got fruit and a bottle of water lol.

Valentines wkend over 200 tunisians from Tunis stayed there - there was no problem them stayin with their bfs there!! And there is no problem for the men who take the local prostitutes to their rooms. This was all over-looked.

x x x x x x x

Jasmine

Crazy pink....

Shocking hun....Keep us up-dated on the complaint hun. xxx