Visa Appeals

Sara786

Hi All,

My friend is applying for a finace visa and got the following information from an Immigration Solicitor.
I thought it may be useful for some of us on here:

VISA “RED FLAGSâ€:
o Significant age difference between the fiancee and his or her sponsor. While there is no official requirement that partners must be about the same age in order to qualify for a visa, the immigration authorities are typically skeptical of couples with a big age difference.
o Poor English skills of the foreign fiancee. The examining immigration officials often become skeptical if partners do not share a common language, at least to some meaningful extent.
o Fiancee and sponsor have not spent enough time together in person. The British Consulates are typically skeptical of couples with no extensive "face-to-face" meeting history immediately preceding the filing of the application.
o Prior attempts by the sponsor to bring a foreign national to the UK on a visa, whether settlement or non-settlement (prior "sponsorship" applications).
o Prior attempts by the fiancee to obtain a visa to the UK, or gain entry into the UK, if the fiancee committed fraud or material misrepresentation, (e.g. using false identity) or otherwise significantly contrived to frustrate the immigration rules.
o Fiancee was previously in the UK and overstayed a visa.
o Fiancee was previously deported (removed) from the UK.
o Fiancee was previously denied entry into the UK.
o Insufficient proof of relationship (lack of supporting documentation).
o Unstable financial situation of the sponsor.
o Fiancee has a communicable disease (e.g. active tuberculosis).
o Fiancee has a criminal record.

Sara xx

FoxyRoxie89

Thanks for that Sara think many will appreciate it :) x

Mezoo

VIP Member
good stuff!

Essem

Staff member
Really useful info Sara thanks.

Black Mamba

Thread now stuck.

Thanx for the info Sara.

Fola

I agree this information is useful......but from what ive seen and heard as long as you have money theres a high chance you will be awarded a visa, even if you havent been in a relationship long. One of noureddines friends recently got a visa, he was only with the woman for 6 month, she had visited him twice and they got the visa after 3 weeks!....

aljaye

I agree this information is useful......but from what ive seen and heard as long as you have money theres a high chance you will be awarded a visa, even if you havent been in a relationship long. One of noureddines friends recently got a visa, he was only with the woman for 6 month, she had visited him twice and they got the visa after 3 weeks!....
Being an old bat myself I think the age is unfair..my British ex is with someone 20 years younger than him and no one told them they cant have a house or a baby!!

Bet they wouldn say it if your name was Madonna. Or even Barbara Windsor!

As an aside where is the fiancee Visa form I was looking at the visitor one last night and although Ive seen it before cant see it on there now??

Kitten

how many times u have to go and see ur hubby to get a visa for him?? this would be my 7thtime in2.5years

Essem

Staff member
Hi Kitten

One Scottish girl I met on a flight once had been 3 times for 2 weeks each year for 2 years. So that's the equivalent of 12 weeks. They got married in Tn, he had a business, car was solvent and he still didn't get a visa. She had a daughter from a previous relationship and it wasn't feasible for them to go live in Tn. Marriage now over.

aljaye

Hi Kitten

One Scottish girl I met on a flight once had been 3 times for 2 weeks each year for 2 years. So that's the equivalent of 12 weeks. They got married in Tn, he had a business, car was solvent and he still didn't get a visa. She had a daughter from a previous relationship and it wasn't feasible for them to go live in Tn. Marriage now over.
Thats sad. This system has no ryme or reason to it at all.

Essem

Staff member
It is so sad - they were similar ages, both hard workers with good jobs and seemed to have so much going for them.

Kitten

hmm..would that be enough then..

aljaye

And then you get jerks like LizziLous man who are married to people older than them (didnt stop them did it) cant speak English properly..work on a boat and are real scammers who get in.
im not saying theres anything wrong with the above if the person is genuine..but he got in and fell foul of that list in a few places!!!!

Fola

I guess its all down to what type of mood the person who's processing your visa application is in lol

marhaba

Some one please help me.

You know im 17, but i want to apply for riadhs visa now. Well my mum will apply and she will be the sponsor for his stay. But shes only been there once and saw him, that was last may for 2 weeks, since then i went there in may/july 2 weeks each time and november for 6 weeks. what could my mum put in the application to show that i have been there..? i ahve pictures of me and him and my boarding tickets.

what are the requirements that i need?
what are all the doccumentation that i need?

FoxyRoxie89

Hi Kitten

And then you get jerks like LizziLous man who are married to people older than them (didnt stop them did it) cant speak English properly..work on a boat and are real scammers who get in.
im not saying theres anything wrong with the above if the person is genuine..but he got in and fell foul of that list in a few places!!!!
Reading these 3 posts in a row, just shows that t really is to do with the person investigating your application!!
Its really not fair!

FoxyRoxie89

Some one please help me.

You know im 17, but i want to apply for riadhs visa now. Well my mum will apply and she will be the sponsor for his stay. But shes only been there once and saw him, that was last may for 2 weeks, since then i went there in may/july 2 weeks each time and november for 6 weeks. what could my mum put in the application to show that i have been there..? i ahve pictures of me and him and my boarding tickets.

what are the requirements that i need?
what are all the doccumentation that i need?
Well your boarding tickets and photo's are a good start. maybe your mum would have to prove the relation between you and her to prove all the connections.
I always thought you have been for 6wks the way you made it sound when we first started chatting lol
what visa are you going to apply for visitors?

marhaba

Well your boarding tickets and photo's are a good start. maybe your mum would have to prove the relation between you and her to prove all the connections.
I always thought you have been for 6wks the way you made it sound when we first started chatting lol
what visa are you going to apply for visitors?
just a general visa for 3 weeks and i will return with him :)

FoxyRoxie89

just a general visa for 3 weeks and i will return with him :)
Cool

Oh do you know a question I wanted to ask everybody!!

Anybody embarrassed about submitting MSN history in cos of the things you have said to eachother or discussed? lol

stephstanley

Cool

Oh do you know a question I wanted to ask everybody!!

Anybody embarrassed about submitting MSN history in cos of the things you have said to eachother or discussed? lol
i doubt they will read it all hun, only need to check the dates of it really I would have thought. If they sat and read in detail everyones-would be waiting years :)

I personally think that other things prove your relationship more anyway cos you can chat to anyone on the internet and never actually meet. So as long as you got phone records and proof of seeing each other, photos etc I think thats what I would look for x